Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile On 3.1 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exclamation T-Mobile On 3.1 firmware
    Has anybody noticed, that t-mobile logo doesn't show up after unlocking and jailbreaking iphone with 3.1 firmware through pwnage tool, though the phone and edge network still works fine. And also frequently it shows "network lost"....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    Has anybody noticed, that t-mobile logo doesn't show up after unlocking and jailbreaking iphone with 3.1 firmware through pwnage tool, though the phone and edge network still works fine. And also frequently it shows "network lost"....

Thanks
    Same here.....tmobile carrier logo is non-existant! but the "E"dge logo comes up and the signal bars are working fine......can't say much about the "no network" issue but i will update if i see anything funny....but i would like my tmobile logo to come back!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

everything seems to be working much better, But no Carrier logo, Havent lost network yet tho

Yea i updated to 3.1 and the carrier logo disappeared. A way to fix it is to download makeitmine or fakecarrier from cydia and type in your carrier there.

The only thing is that i dont like the way that looks and i use a bigboss image of the tmobile sign. And i dont know how to make that get back up there. Any Help?

And I have also run into a few reboots that when the phone starts there is no network or no service no matter what i do. The only way i can fix it is by rebooting again and hoping that it gives me signal.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With 3.1, Apple has started 'signing' the carrier bundle. Read 3 * fun, Update 2 and 3 on the dev-teams blog. Dev-Team Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    With 3.1, Apple has started 'signing' the carrier bundle. Read Update 2 and 3 on the dev-teams blog. Dev-Team Blog
    Yea I know that, but I was reading somewhere on a forum that people had found a way to edit a plist to add either a text or an image to where that logo would be.

Now you tell me!!! lolll

I updated my 2G to 3.1 and it works perfectly... gotta love the speed boost!

Hexxus
    Some see things as they are and ask why, I see things that have not been and ask why not?

Thanks

Iphone-DEV updated this problem on their website and they will be releasing a new pwnage tool for 3gs which will fix this issue...

Source:
    Update 1: Please do not put links to custom IPSWs in your comments, because the software in them is copyrighted by Apple. The Dev Team motto has always been “patch, don’t pirate!”. And you’ll just make things harder for your friendly moderators angiepangie and Confucious

Update 2: Unlocked users on the 3G will probably notice that the name and/or logo of their carrier is missing, but they still have full bars and a signal. So far this seems to be purely a cosmetic issue and it doesn’t impact your signal or coverage. We hope to have this issue “fixed” when we release the 3GS compatible version of PwnageTool. This is very likely tied to Update #3…

Update 3: As of 3.1, the *.ipcc carrier bundles are signed, and you can no longer force tethering capability simply by crafting your own bundle. The good news is this obstacle can probably be overcome by virtue of the jailbreak. But so far that extra hack is not part of the PwnageTool custom IPSW creation.

Hey, wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or knows how to solve it...

Iíve done everything properly and without any bumps jailbreak/unlock wise, but after the reboot with my T-mobile SIM inserted it only says ďSearchingĒ in the upper left corner where it usually has the carrierís icon. Any idea why this is happening? Itís been this way for a few hours. I'm not getting service of any kind, so it's not just a cosmetic issue.

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaC View Post
    Hey, wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or knows how to solve it...

Iíve done everything properly and without any bumps jailbreak/unlock wise, but after the reboot with my T-mobile SIM inserted it only says ďSearchingĒ in the upper left corner where it usually has the carrierís icon. Any idea why this is happening? Itís been this way for a few hours. I'm not getting service of any kind, so it's not just a cosmetic issue.

Thanks for any help!
    Yea this is the same thing that happens to me. The way to fix this is to reboot your phone. I dont know why this happens and i dont know rebooting fixes it but it does. It happens to my phone every couple of days, you just gotta reboot it.

if i update to 3.1 will i lose mms capabilities. im on a 2g

Quote Originally Posted by diepnguyen View Post
    if i update to 3.1 will i lose mms capabilities. im on a 2g
    Yes. as of now the hack isn't working anymore. You'll need to wait for the developer to fix it.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    Yea this is the same thing that happens to me. The way to fix this is to reboot your phone. I dont know why this happens and i dont know rebooting fixes it but it does. It happens to my phone every couple of days, you just gotta reboot it.
    I've tried rebooting multiple times, and reinstalling the ultrasn0w Cydia app. I'm gonna try from the start now and re-jailbreak it.

Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaC View Post
    I've tried rebooting multiple times, and reinstalling the ultrasn0w Cydia app. I'm gonna try from the start now and re-jailbreak it.

Blah.
    Same here-
    I have reimaged my phone multiple times. Im not a huge MAC guy- so i dont know what could be wrong. My Gevey SIM card isnt prompting me anymore either when i insert the SIM.
    If you find anything out- please let me know. Im lost here, and phone less.

Thanks

Recommendation: Stop using a Gevey sim card and do a software unlock with the Dev-Team's program. Download the package thru itunes, make it custom with pwnage tool, update your phone, add the ultrasnow repo, install ultrasnow, insert sim without gevey, reboot, whala, service with tmobile. Be aware that tethering doesn't work and the carrier logo is missing. Of course, if you're still using a gevey sim in an iphone you probably wouldn't notice all that anyways.

Not using a Gevey SIM. Other than that, I've done everything you recommended.

Thanks

What baseband version do you have? if it's later than 4.26.08 ultrasnow cannot currently unlock the phone. However, if you are able to downgrade to 3.0.1 you can download fuzzyband through cydia which will flash your baseband back to an unlockable version. From there you can use your custom .ipa from pwnage to jailbreak the phone, unlock it, and use it

Thanks

if you install fake carrier fom cydia and set it to t-mobile it shows up, thats the only dirty method available. Thanks!

Did you turn 3G off? (If your with T-Mobile)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast