Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile On 3.1 firmware

their is not a way to jailbreak and unlock 3.1 with windows yet is their?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    did you turn 3g off? (if your with t-mobile)
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by guffey09 View Post
    their is not a way to jailbreak and unlock 3.1 with windows yet is their?
    you can download a custom .ipsw from the internet...
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    ...Download the package thru itunes...
    I was just wonderin...how do u download the package through iTunes without installing it onto ur iPhone(if u understand what I mean)?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Once u downloaded the custom IPSW from net, connect your iphone. If it ask for update cancel it. Press shift + restore, locate the file you downloaded the file on system. (Command + restore on mac)

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
    Once u downloaded the custom IPSW from net, connect your iphone. If it ask for update cancel it. Press shift + restore, locate the file you downloaded the file on system. (Command + restore on mac)
    I understand what u mean...but ThaNatrix made it seem like u could download d original ipsw from itunes without installing it...or am I d only 1 who got that from his post?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooMann View Post
    I understand what u mean...but ThaNatrix made it seem like u could download d original ipsw from itunes without installing it...or am I d only 1 who got that from his post?
    Yes, you CAN download the original Apple software with iTunes and not install it. When you answer Yes to the prompt that says 'a new version is available', you will be given the another option to download only, or download and install. Of course, choose download only.

Now if something crazy happens after you checked Yes to the FIRST question and don't get the second options and it appears iTunes is going to download AND upgrade (you will know this within the first 3-5 seconds)......... quickly unplug your iPhone. It is impossible to download the the software AND start any upgrade process in that short of time. Pay close attention ...... and you will be safe and secure. If anything strange (or unplanned) occurs, protect the iPhone by unplugging it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do I get my T-mobile simcard to work into my iphone? any help pls?

how did you get t-mobile to work on you iphone?
    I can't even downgrade my baseband?
    Last edited by dread33; 2009-10-08 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigh for me i would stay with firmware 3.0 since there isnt much major things with 3.1 0.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

then what if you accidentally update your firmware by mistake to a custom firmware 3.1 from a MAC using there latest software, can you you downgrade? for i tried to downgrade and it keeps telling me that my Boot Loader is a 05.09 and i need a 05.08 how do i get this version of Boot Loader anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dread33 View Post
    then what if you accidentally update your firmware by mistake to a custom firmware 3.1 from a MAC using there latest software, can you you downgrade? for i tried to downgrade and it keeps telling me that my Boot Loader is a 05.09 and i need a 05.08 how do i get this version of Boot Loader anyone?
    if you updated with a custom pwn'd firmware, you should still have the 4.26 modem firmware. if not your SOL, as your Boot Loader is permeant.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12