Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile trouble

Default tmobile trouble
    okay i have a iphone 2g 3.0.1 firmware and its unlocked and jailbroke. so we bought a tmobile prepaid card and they activated it and u could see that thing in the top left corner but there is no bars anywhere i mean anywhere st.louis and other cities. its like i dont get service or anything??????

Thanks

I'll start with a stupid question but it's paid for right?
    But seriously did you check the carrier settings or try a reboot sorry I only thought of that because for the first time ever lst week when I landed in NY and turned off airplane mode I had no bars at all granted i'm on a 3G but I had to reboot than still took about 10 minutes but it came back when I landed back in MN I had no problem
    but tmo customer service will help if ya call asak for blackberry support they are actually familiar with the iPhone 888-537-4242 from a landline
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

we checked tmobile and they said to activate sim in a tmobile phone first then put it in the iphone. we did all of it and it still says no service but i havent tried it in town yet.
    yes i bought it on ebay.

The only thing I would say is to restore it to whatever FW you want and jailbreak and unlock it yourself. Cause even if it said on ebay that it was already unlocked something could be wrong with it.

Also I know that when the phone is not unlocked or jailbroken it still shows the tmobile logo in the top left with sometimes some bars. So the actual phone you have might not actually be unlocked.

okay thanks for that we went in to are tmobile place and i was glad to see that the guy has an iphone and he tells me that it had not been unlocked or jailbroke. so help me with this. i use redsnow to unlock it for tmobile correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lil sin View Post
    okay thanks for that we went in to are tmobile place and i was glad to see that the guy has an iphone and he tells me that it had not been unlocked or jailbroke. so help me with this. i use redsnow to unlock it for tmobile correct.
    Use yellow snow for the 2g
    go up to forums in iphone unlocking and you will find the unlock how to which is a step by step you may want to downgrade FW butthat;s just alot of people complaining though since it isn't unlocked yet I'd double check the fw version
    Hope that helps
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you