Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G fixed tmo's blurry MMS issue + tethering

Smile iPhone 3G fixed tmo's blurry MMS issue + tethering VERY EASY
    I will not take any credit for this fix it's just a lucky finding after digging and digging all over the net for a long time. It worked for me like a charm, I hope it will work for the rest of you on Tmo with the same blurry mms issue.

First of all the phone needs to be 3G unlocked and jailbroken.

REMOVE all the patches for mms.
    Open CYDIA and click on MANAGE, SOURCES, EDIT, ADD then type the following address: "repo.*****************" just remove quotes

Reload and install "MMS & Tethering Settings" package from sections>SiNfuliPhone.

After you have installed the package exit out of Cydia.

Goto Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings. It will delete out all your old network settings.

After your phone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and change APN settings to internet2.voicestream.com or internet3, or epc, or wap. which ever one you signed up with.

Under MMS change the address to wap.voicestream.com but leave all the digits intact under mmsc, mms proxy, max message, mms ua.

Also under DATA ROAMING turn it ON.

Restart the phone. And you are done.

Now you have clear MMS and on top of it all Internet tethering with wich you can connect your iphone to your laptop and use the phone as a wireless modem (as long as you have signal with E)

Hope I helped you out

3G, Tmo, Unlocked and Jailbroken, 16GB
    Last edited by orgy9111; 2009-08-31 at 10:51 PM. Reason: incorrect wording

2. The Following User Says Thank You to orgy9111 For This Useful Post:

rud3bwoy (2009-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    I will not take any credit for this fix it's just a lucky finding after digging and digging all over the net for a long time. It worked for me like a charm, I hope it will work for the rest of you on Tmo with the same blurry mms issue.

First of all the phone needs to be 3G unlocked and jailbroken.

REMOVE all the patches for mms.
    Open CYDIA and click on MANAGE, SOURCES, EDIT, ADD then type the following address: "repo.*****************" just remove quotes

Reload and install "MMS & Tethering Settings" package from sections>SiNfuliPhone.

After you have installed the package exit out of Cydia.

Goto Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings. It will delete out all your old network settings.

After your phone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and change APN settings to internet2.voicestream.com or internet3, or epc, or wap. which ever one you signed up with.

Under MMS change the address to wap.voicestream.com but leave all the digits intact under mmsc, mms proxy, max message, mms ua.

Also under DATA ROAMING turn it ON.

Restart the phone. And you are done.

Now you have clear MMS and on top of it all Internet tethering with wich you can connect your iphone to your laptop and use the phone as a wireless modem (as long as you have signal with E)

Hope I helped you out

3G, Tmo, Unlocked and Jailbroken, 16GB

This does work i followed these instructions yesterday and now my pics are working great,my friend sent me a pic of his crap after he took a dump for testing and it looked great yet disgusting

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

The carrier bundle fixed this issue a long time ago....
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WOW your friend is ***. He sent a pic of his crap. Wtf man LOL. But anyways I have did this but noone recieves MMS from me. Anyone know why? I mean it send through but it dosent reAch them or anything. Know why?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I thought the carrier bundle fix was only for 2G?