Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flexpay Plan Help

Default Flexpay Plan Help
    I recently bought a used iPhone 2g off of Craigslist. I unlocked and jailbroke it using RedSn0w. I want to use it on T-mobile but I am unsure of what plan I should pick. I want unlimited texting and internet so I know that I canít use prepaid. I was thinking of using a flexpay plan.

• What flexpay plans (with unlimited internet and texting) will work with the iPhone?
    • Should I pick something like a BlackBerry unlimted web + message or could I say I have some cheap flip phone and add the unlimited texting/internet bundle for 19.99?
    • &Will I have to change the APN no matter what plan/package I pick?

Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been asked before.

If you go with the 19.99 unlimited data/messaging plan understand that there is a possibility of you having to switch up to the more expensive smartphone/blackberry data messaging plan for 34.99.

APN for the smartphone/blackberry plans is epc.tmobile.com and web2go is internet2.voicestream.com

So the regular flexpay/postpaid carrier bundle in Cydia for the smartphone plans and flexplay/postpaid legacy for web2go.

Lovely

Not

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

floridagator727 (2009-08-28)

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    If you go with the 19.99 unlimited data/messaging plan understand that there is a possibility of you having to switch up to the more expensive smartphone/blackberry data messaging plan for 34.99.

APN for the smartphone/blackberry plans is epc.tmobile.com and web2go is internet2.voicestream.com

So the regular flexpay/postpaid carrier bundle in Cydia for the smartphone plans and flexplay/postpaid legacy for web2go.
    Okay so web2go = 19.99 plan that comes with non-blackberry/smartphones?

Is this the process I would have to take?:
    • go into T-mobile store.
    • tell them I have a phone at home and want to start a flexpay account.
    • add the web2go 19.99 bundle to my plan.
    • pay and get sim card
    • put sim card in iphone
    • change the APN to internet2.voicestream.com?

Thank you for your help

Yeah basically..

The 1000 minutes with unlimited nights and weekends plan is on a promo for 39.99, not sure if they allow Flexpay customers the offer but they might. Best value next to Myfaves 300.

Lovely

Not

I will have to check into the promo, thank you! If that plan doesn't work I will go with the myfaves 300 thing.

Oh BTW, what did you mean when you said there is a possibility that I would have to upgrade to the smartphone/bb data plan if I picked the 19.99 one?

Because they're starting to crack down on people that aren't on the more expensive data plans for smartphones. So you might have to switch over, if that does happen and it's finalized. The best thing about Flexpay is that if you don't want to pay that much you don't have to.

Lovely

Not

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

floridagator727 (2009-08-28)

Ah, I see. Greedy t-mobile. Well thank you again for your help, you have answered all my iPhone questions haha.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post

What do you mean by "flexpay/postpaid carrier bundle in Cydia for the smartphone plans and flexplay/postpaid legacy for web2go"?

So after calling up t-mo and switching to the 19.99 plan, I will need to to change the APN of course, but I also have to download something in Cydia?

I've had a sidekick plan for almost 5 yrs now and since the sidekick plans stopped working with iPhones, I'm trying to figure out what i need to get internet back. I've seen ppl saying Web2Go, T-Zones and/or Smartphone Date Plan.

Which is the most stable and safest route to go right now?
    ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikez87 View Post
    What do you mean by "flexpay/postpaid carrier bundle in Cydia for the smartphone plans and flexplay/postpaid legacy for web2go"?

So after calling up t-mo and switching to the 19.99 plan, I will need to to change the APN of course, but I also have to download something in Cydia?

I've had a sidekick plan for almost 5 yrs now and since the sidekick plans stopped working with iPhones, I'm trying to figure out what i need to get internet back. I've seen ppl saying Web2Go, T-Zones and/or Smartphone Date Plan.

Which is the most stable and safest route to go right now?
    ANY HELP would be appreciated.
    In Cydia, SpookyET has posted carrier bundles that make the changes to your network settings for you. If you have trouble getting your settings to stick, those bundles are highly recommended. I've not had any troubles since I started using the one GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL mentioned.