Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push notificaitons

Default Push notifications may cause missed calls
    Does anyone have a problem with Push notifications with FW 3.01? It seems like I would miss about 1/3 of the calls when I enable any kind of the push notificaitons services (email fetch or AIM). The problem is that when I call to my phone, it would ring about 4 times then send me straight to my voice mail. Of course, when I stick in the AT&T sim card i would never miss a call with notifications on. The only way I can remedy this is to completely set all email fetch to manual and disable all push notifications. Try calling yourself about 10 times with push notifications on and let me know if you guys have the same problem.

I would also like to note that I have tried disabling EDGE and using WIFI only and I still get the same problems.
    Last edited by rushstrike; 2009-08-28 at 06:45 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Downloaded GPush and it still doesnt work. Only push I get is the email from gmail every 15 mins, and not "instant" like its supposed to.

Thanks

Confucious's theory:
    "Certain unofficial plans have limitations on whether you can make calls and use data at the same time. That’s not unlock-related."
    From the ultratips.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I can get push from Beejive pretty fast. But my main concern is missing phone calls when that push is enabled.

there is a pushfix available for this from the devteam. if it didnt work the first time install it again. ive had no issues with getting calls with push enabled and im on tmobile.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

No. the pushfix is only to activate Push notifications on hacktivated iPhones.
    and I have heard way too many issues about it. I wouldn't recommend using it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

as angie posted above..
    Tmobile has an issue receiving high data amounts, and holding a solid connection with the voice tower.. This was addressed on some other thread on here about not receiving calls while using pandora. The phone puts data as the first priority, before calls. So if your using enough data, your voice calls wont get thru. I maybe wrong about this whole thing, so don't completely take my word for it. But until we can use tmobile's 3g towers for data, and tmobiles gprs towers for voice, we are sh(# out of luck.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

thats freakin hilarious....ive had NO issues with ANY of this. you cant recieve data and call at the same time but calls will always take priority. im on tmobile and have no issues recieving calls whatsoever. the pushfix was never official but i think errors were more user errors than anything.

The fact that you receive calls, doesn't mean you receive ALL calls, there could be a few that go str8 to voicemail, and you have no idea, and if that person doesn't leave you a voicemail, you for sure wouldn't know

The thread starter clearly stated hes not receiving 1/3 of his calls.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

rushstrike (2009-08-27)

Yes I wasn't even aware of this problem until my GF tried to called me across the room. She called 2 times and it didn't go through then she handed me the phone then I started calling it then it worked. It is an intermittent problem...you have to call your self 10++ times to make sure that it works 100%.

i know who calls me. a recent review of my usage would tell me that, nor have i had any people commenting about them not being able to reach me or going right to voicemail.

Your a quick one to make a reply...the quality of your statements i highly question

It doesn't go straight to your voicemail as I have stated above. It would ring about 4 times before going to your voicemail. Then if the caller would leave a message then you would get the voicemail notification immediately. The phone also would not log the miss call when this problem occur. BTW I did a clean restore on both phone- My gf's 3g and my 3gs and they both seem to have this problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rushstrike View Post
    It doesn't go straight to your voicemail as I have stated above. It would ring about 4 times before going to your voicemail. Then if the caller would leave a message then you would get the voicemail notification immediately. The phone also would not log the miss call when this problem occur. BTW I did a clean restore on both phone- My gf's 3g and my 3gs and they both seem to have this problem.
    Umm.. isn't this what phones do anyways?

Lol sorry i didn't clarify that. It rings on the caller speakers but on the receiving end I do not get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    i know who calls me. a recent review of my usage would tell me that, nor have i had any people commenting about them not being able to reach me or going right to voicemail.

Your a quick one to make a reply...the quality of your statements i highly question
    just read the posts around you brah

it might also have to do with certain area's maybe areas where the phone cannot connect to multiple towers?

Myself, i've never had issues, just did an insane test on my phone, had pandora running in the background, push enabled on 4 apps, while surfing the web, all on edge. All 10 calls went through. I also had full service though.

I probably need to do a larger test number, to get a for sure answer, but for the time being, i don't need push on.. backgrounder + aim is fine for me. But even MuscleNerd (maybe not musclenerd, could be confused with someone else) has said, Push just doesn't work right on unsupported carriers, it has nothing to do with the unlock... they [dev team] are the only people that will do EXTENSIVE research before saying something works 100%. and since the dev team hasn't said that yet, my push will just stay off.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-08-27 at 09:58 PM.

Ohh so that's what it is. People tell me all the time that I don't pick up my phone, but I tell them that it never rings. I just need to turn my push off.
    Thanks