Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Upgrade?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default iPhone Upgrade?
    So I've been holding off on getting the new 3GS because my iPhone 3G is less than a year old. But recently I've been getting really irritated at how it lags cuz of WB but I think the stock iPhone look is so ugly so I can't get rid of WB. I also think it's cuz i only have 8 gigs and I have tons of photos and apps and vids.

But seeing how Apple released so far a new iPhone every year, do you think it's worth it to upgrade to the 3GS (16 GB never locked cuz I don't want to worry about losing ultrasn0w) for $900 or wait until next year in 2010 to see if Apple is gonna release another iPhone? Is there a really big diff in speed from 3G to 3GS or is it minimal and only iPhone fanatics can tell the slight speed up?

As we all know being on tmo disabled us to use the 3G function, but does the browser speed improve anyway on the newer model?

I don't wanna waste nearly $1000 on a phone that is just gonna be old news in half a year or so. Do you think Apple will release a new model soon in 2010 or will they hold off until later on next year say in July or August?

Any opinions are welcomed, thanks in advance guys.

I upgraded from my 3G to my 3GS and the speed and updated camera are totally worth it - I spent $600 off of Craigslist. I couldn't go back to a 3G.