Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

What's Jailbreak? msxsquintyxeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocafella310 View Post
    Weirdest thing happened my internet is back all I did was switch the APN from internet2.voicestream.com to wap.voicestream.com then try to browse of course the Upgrade Required page popped up then I erased all cookies and changed the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com then went to yahoo and it went somebody try this method see if it works ohh yeah and this is the 9.99 web2go plan.

IT WORKED, thanks!! Tested EDGE before attempting ^^above^^... wasn't working. Followed Rocafella's instructions and as of right now, I am currently using EDGE on Safari, sent both e-mail and MMS, and used multiple apps... and before anyone asks, YES I'm sure I'm not on wifi. I have the web2go $9.99 plan on internet2.voicestream.com. Not getting my hopes up just yet, but let's hope it stays working...
    Last edited by msxsquintyxeyes; 2009-08-27 at 11:50 AM.

Default works again for me also.
    I was trying all the different apn's and going back and forth on deciding to pay the 25.00 or wait and see what happns. I turned off my wifi and went to espn and it went to the site rather than direct me to the page asking to upgrade my data plan. I did absolutly nothing, hope its here to stay. My current apn is internet2.voicestream.com and i have the 9.99 data plan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thor740 For This Useful Post:

bossusa (2009-08-27)

I just registered to post that as of this morning my $9.99 unlimited web is back up and running just fine. I was very close to cancelling with T-Mobile, so this was perfect timing for them. Hopefully this is for good!

Edit: If for whatever reason your apps aren't able to utilize the data, a quick reboot should do the trick. I'm so glad I didn't cancel service / upgrade to that ridiculous $24.99 plan. Although I'm very happy for you guys that were able to downgrade to T-Zones for $5.99
    Last edited by dstryr; 2009-08-27 at 12:04 PM.

Default My internet connection is back as well.
    Checked my phone this morning around 4:30AM Eastern and E edge symbol was missing.
    Drove into work and did a reboot and respring, E edge came back and data was once again working.
    I'm still using my original apn, internet2.voicestream.com and I have the $19.99 1mb and unlimited texting plan.
    I hope it stays connected and up but who knows.
    Maybe TMO got the message from all of our complaints...doubtful.
    FYI - I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad this is beginning to work for everyone. I really do wonder if they realized they were about to loose several customers or it was an honest glitch?

Weirdest thing happened my internet is back all I did was switch the APN from internet2.voicestream.com to wap.voicestream.com then try to browse of course the Upgrade Required page popped up then I erased all cookies and changed the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com then went to yahoo and it went somebody try this method see if it works ohh yeah and this is the 9.99 web2go plan.
    did this and now im working!!!

THANK YOU MAYNE

Default Woohoo!
    I reset my cellular data network settings this morning and the internet is back.... Wichita, KS

Another voice from the 'it just works again' camp.

I'd been mucking w/my SIM in my razr & changing APN settings on the iPhone like crazy just to see...Reset to internet2 this morning to see if the redirect was at DNS level (i.e. if raw IP addresses would get redirected) only to find out I'M BACK BABY!

Well, I'm still a little upset with t-mobile. No communication as of yet as to what happened and why (for the break or the fix). But at least for now it's working again.

So you know, I got that going for me, which is nice.
    -Rupert

Wowowow,,,

It is all back, I am in QUeens, NY

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow, all my net works now. Email, Safari, all my apps....

What the hell did T-Mo do? Surely a 2 day purge couldn't have made them that much money could it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanks-
    Just did ! It's working again !! Thank you~
    Registered to this forum to say thank you~

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barion00 For This Useful Post:

as9332 (2009-08-27), bossusa (2009-08-27)

Thanks

Default Speed Test for TZones
    in Oklahoma City-

I cant seem to get better than :
    90-120 kbps Down
    40-80 kbps up

Am I that much slower than the web 2 go? Or do I need to adjust some settings?

Thanks
    i did the above yesterday and it didn't do anything, i actually tried all the APNs over and over but no luck. this morning i tried to update my weather and it worked then i went on yahoo and it worked. All is well again. thank goodness, no data was getting annoying

Mine has not been workig for almost a week now and randomly today it started working. I'm posting from the 9.99 plan right now. I didn't refresh anything and I'm using Internet2

sweet! I hope it works for everyone soon!

Mine works again also, thanks for pointing it out to us!

dang, i just switched to tzone last night, now im end up paying extra 1 dollar with the unlimited text, are the speed of tzone and web2go the same? the max i can get with tzone is 141k/41k in nyc using speedtest.net, can anyone tell me the speed with web2go in nyc?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon177 View Post
    dang, i just switched to tzone last night, now im end up paying extra 1 dollar with the unlimited text, are the speed of tzone and web2go the same? the max i can get with tzone is 141k/41k in nyc using speedtest.net, can anyone tell me the speed with web2go in nyc?
    141K is better than me. my best is around 120K usually around 90k

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    141K is better than me. my best is around 120K usually around 90k
    im thinking to switch back to web2go, since web2go is up and running again.

P.S can someone confirm the speed of web2go around NYC area?

Here in okc mines working again>>>and alot faster than normal now>>>

It looks like internet2 is up and running again. I didn't have to reset any settings. It just works.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast