Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

Default May be this is the reason why the internet is not working
    Rootsecure.net | Paris Hilton's phonebook hacked, posted online (+ how it could have been done)

so does anyone know any workaroud this or we can call tmobile and say something to get the service back on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    The same settings I always have been. Internet2
    I remember reading that some others have tried this and it did not work?

yeah what are your settings and where are you located I'm in Denver Colorado and mine is not working still but for a split second it worked this morning got to 3 pages and then was gone

i was on internet3.voicestream.com it went down I changed to the epc.tmobile.com and it works. I do have tzones on my phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    i was on internet3.voicestream.com it went down I changed to the epc.tmobile.com and it works. I do have tzones on my phone
    Here's a ? for alot of the folks out there is the MMS working and what phone is everyone on ?
    Because it's not listed in everyones profile
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Here's a ? for alot of the folks out there is the MMS working and what phone is everyone on ?
    Because it's not listed in everyones profile
    I just attempted to send my Dash something and it went through perfectly.
    Also, when I attempt to get online with my Dash it says I need to upgrade to the Unlimited Web2Go. At the bottom of the exact same page though, it says I can upgrade and receive a month free. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. Going to wait a day or two and see how this plays out.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet. Like the prepaid sk plan where web was cut off but email still works, email continues to work on epc.tmobile.com. On a lark I changed the apn from internet2.voicestream.com to see what happened.

I just switched last week to the flexpay myfaves family plan w/9.99 web2go+4.99 text because I had a feeling t-mobile would do this. I gave up my number and got a new one because I did not want to be locked into a contract and now it turns out that wisdom was correct.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sucram65 For This Useful Post:

moireach (2009-08-26)

Quote Originally Posted by loopsider View Post
    I just registered here to say Thank You!!

You just saved me 252.00 over the course of a contract (possibly even more after tax difference sans discount, correct?)

I had no idea AT&T had a discount system that you could check if your organization or school has a deal with them. After reading your post I tried my college e-mail and I found out I get ten bucks and fifty cents off each month. Which ended up really solidifying my decision to leave T-mobile. Instead of being 80.00+ with the lowest plan its now closer to 65.00-70.00 a month after taxes.

That's just a no-brainer now. T-mobile wants even more money for crappy EDGE. I'm getting this together tomorrow and doing it. This is a real light at the end of the tunnel with what T-mobile is doing here.

Thank you so so much! (I'm now a part of this community too, of course)

dont forget to click thanks under the post
    and you are welcome

you enter in the email of your school or work and you will recieve a email with a link and you shuold know the rest

10. The Following User Says Thank You to supasekziaznboi For This Useful Post:

chessyang (2009-08-26)

Im done with tmobile. I'd rather have att and actually HAVE SERVICE!

Ok so after 2 days with no internet service on my 3G (I have the $9.99 Web2go)...... after 3 USELESS chats with a CSR @ Tmo, I finally tried my luck and decided to call and see if they'd give me tzones since that seems to be the only thing thats working.... and I they finally gave it to me!!! It wasn't easy I'll tell you that much but PERSISTANCE people!!!

Confirmed that tzones STILL works using epc.tmobile.com

Now if they decide to shut us down from using tzones as well I'm going to be PISSED!!

If you are going to try your luck tell them that a friend gave you the promo code tzunl599 and said all you had to do is call to get it added. My CSR had to get a supervisor to OK it but give it a shot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CindyMarr For This Useful Post:

cougar694u (2009-08-27)

Once I get home, I will sign up for ATT, I am stoked

i bet its an att ploy! and hell yeah its working

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CindyMarr View Post
    Ok so after 2 days with no internet service on my 3G (I have the $9.99 Web2go)...... after 3 USELESS chats with a CSR @ Tmo, I finally tried my luck and decided to call and see if they'd give me tzones since that seems to be the only thing thats working.... and I they finally gave it to me!!! It wasn't easy I'll tell you that much but PERSISTANCE people!!!

Now if they decide to shut us down from using tzones as well I'm going to be PISSED!!

If you are going to try your luck tell them that a friend gave you the promo code tzunl599 and said all you had to do is call to get it added. My CSR had to get a supervisor to OK it but give it a shot.
    Cindy are using a carier bundle and is mms working for you ?
    I'm also on a 3G 3.0 and want to be sure this all still works before I call.
    Thanks
    EDIT Yeah even though I had Tzones 3 years ago it seems that (according to tmobile) you're all crazy liars who did not ge this added because the coding doesn't exist and they're making it so that the iphone can and will only work on the 24.99 plan though they will offer different pricing points to long term customers which is what I had happen
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-26 at 08:31 PM.

Default irritated....
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyMarr View Post

Tried this out and the guy said tzones are no more and only for customers who are grandfathered in from before. Had him ask his supervisor about the promo code, they said no go. Wish I could get the tzones, let me know if you have any other thoughts on what I should do to. Thanks for the help.

Same issue here, upgraded to ultrasn0w 0.9 and no cellular data tried installing all known tweaks for T-Mobile thru Cydia and still no luck with getting any data connection over the Edge Network.

Im on web2go using epc.tmobile.com APn and is working. But for how long.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Supposedly not much longer as the towers are all being upgraded to make 3G available in all areas sorry wish it was a better answer but as youcan see many of us have logged some real time into Tmobile Cust.Srvc today my last call was to be told they are actively making the interent services block all smart phone (type) imei so that things like web 2 go are only going to work on dumb phones though quite honestly there is no difference in the web service as near as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Are you sure you are on web2go? and are you sure you are not on wifi?

it isnt working for anyone else on web2go with any of the APN's

Edit:
    Safari-only mobile sites are working! Such as m.espnsoccernet.com, some international sites work too, such as bbc.

Maps-doesnt work.

Facebook-doesnt work.

Weather-not working

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cupcrazytb View Post
    Are you sure you are on web2go? and are you sure you are not on wifi?

it isnt working for anyone else on web2go with any of the APN's
    Yup I just tried this APN and it doesnt work for me...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast