Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS on T-mobile?

Default iPhone 3GS on T-mobile?
    Hey guys I want to switch over to T-mobile have couple of question.

1: How good is 3G on T-mobile compare to ATT?
    2: Does ultrasn0w will Unlock my 3GS?
    3: And how much is the unlimited data plan that works for iPhone?

At&t 3G coverage at my work really suck most of the time no service.
    They won't let me cancel the data plan.I'm at my work most of the time so it's useless.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The iPhone will never pick up T-Mobile 3G... not compatible.

Ultrasn0w will unlock your 3GS.

Unlimited internet is $20 I think.

Unlimited internet and unlimited text is $34.99
    Unlimited internet and a certain # of text is $24.99

(I have the first one so I think this is what I pay)
    Member at HoFo - "Rrazr-X7"

19.99 for unlimited data and texts, or 9.99 each

I'm currently paying 24.99 for unlimited data and 400 text. I'm aware of the 19.99 option, but I was worried I would run into complications.

$19.99??? What plan is this

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I use the 100 MB for FlexPay and it cost me $9.99 a month. When I check the T-Mo page and when I get my bill in the mail, it shows NO data usage or SMS usage. So I never go over the 100 MB

Thank guys, T-Mobile 3G won't work so is the $24 data plan is fast compare to AT&T 3G? Can I cancel the data Plan at anytime ?

So I go to T-Mobile store grab a ugly free phone for my 2yrs old son to play with and then call in to activate the data plan or do it at the store?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieboo View Post
    Thank guys, T-Mobile 3G won't work so is the $24 data plan is fast compare to AT&T 3G? Can I cancel the data Plan at anytime ?

So I go to T-Mobile store grab a ugly free phone for my 2yrs old son to play with and then call in to activate the data plan or do it at the store?
    No, since you are not running on a 3G network you won't get speeds as fast as AT&T's 3G.

You should be able to cancel the data plan at anytime. As long as you don't cancel the whole line of service you should be fine.

Yes, just go get a regular cheapie phone and they should be able to set it up for you in the store. Then just walk out, pop the SIM into your 3GS and make sure you have the appropriate APN settings and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieboo View Post

It's EDGE so it's not as fast as 3G on any network but it's bareable. I would try to swing for the $24.99 data plan and 300 messages or none of you barely use text messaging at all or not at all.

Lovely

Not

....and if you need any help, call the Tier 3 data support department I have an unlocked 3g iphone and they sent me an email that explains how to properly set up your phone with the internet and MMS setting that your plan has. If you use a lot of apps (youtube, streaming video) and you need fast speeds, looks into the cydia app "3g unrestrictor"

I like how they have unlimited txt n data for customers unless u have a smartphone (like a g1) and they charge more

Thanks

^Because internet use on a smartphone would (obviously) be much heavier than on a dumbphone.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something