Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: internet2 vs epc

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default internet2 vs epc
    So I pay 24.99 for my data services (unlimited web) and before I used to use internet2.voicestream.com. Then I switched to epc.tmobile.com and found it to be faster (enough to surprise me and say well, that's fantabulous!)

Now, I'm getting real irritated that my bill is so high when everyone else's is so low. I'm thinking about doing what everyone else is doing and going online, pretend I have a razr, then sign up for web2go for 9.99.

So my question is, does anybody have experience on web2go on how fast/slow the internet is with internet2 apn settings (even better if you can compare it to the smartphone plan with epc)? I'm afraid that if I change my plan and get the web2go that my internet will be so slow that I'll fall asleep before the page loads (then wake up and it still hasn't loaded -.-)

Currently my pages load fairly quickly (for a mobile phone)... Like I can load a page in less than 1 minute. Can anybody give me an estimate of how long it takes for a page to load in fair (not great but not poor reception because I spend a lot of time at work where reception is always just fair) reception areas on web2go?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS!

I'm on the 5.99 tzones plan, Internet isn't that bad. Super slow though compared to a g1.or a real iPhone 3g. You might as well just save 15 dollars a month. If you run a speed test I could compare it to mine.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

The page loads fine. Its not much difference buddy.
    Its just a way of extracting more and more money from customers.

I think it also depends on your location. I am in NY and internet2 apn works fine and my brother uses eps ssettings and his speed is the same as mine. So its not much difference.
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 2009-08-19 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Adding clarification