Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone (1.14) No DNS?!?!?!

Default Unlocked iPhone (1.14) No DNS?!?!?!
    Had a horrible problem using iplus so I switched to ziphone

Got the phone jail broken & unlocked (T-Mobile)

I cant connect to Edge . I am trying to use wifi in the meantime, but DNS doesn't work....

I get DNS settings from my DHCP server, and no internet. No name rsolution. If I go to the ip address, the 'net works (on wifi)

I've tried several diferent DNS servers, but no matter what I use, DNS on wifi is not working.

Found a *little* info about people having other problems, but with no fixes....

Anyone have any ideas?

i went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 and now my edge doesnt work.. im on tmobile.. i had that bbupdater thing before..... but my wifi works ..weird

If you use Ulctl, is DNSResponder working and on?
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by ksong12 View Post
    If you use Ulctl, is DNSResponder working and on?

I tested my wifi @ the mall today. I can get online using one of the dozen or so (lol) unsecured networks @ the mall....

Bring it home, nothing.....

I went and bought an 802.11n router (Airport Extreme) and I am having the same problem! (I was using a Linksys WRT N router before)...

I know wifi works on certain networks, but not in my house!

What is DNS Responder & Ulctl ?

I am trying to get my edge to work, but in order to edit my settings and whatnot I need ssh. I cant instal ssh from installer because my wifi wont connect....

IP Addresses work & DNS does not.... this doesn't make sense!

Ulctl is available through Installer. It shows running services, but that obviously isn't the problem anymore.

Did you try setting your router to use different DNS servers? It sounds like computers are working, so that doesn't seem to be the problem either. Try setting the settings manually on your iPhone (a.k.a. don't use DHCP). Tap that little blue arrow next to your network. Try putting in the OpenDNS DNS servers instead of your ISPs.

www.opendns.com (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220)
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

kurtwalter_2 (2008-09-03)

I have the same problem too. I went from 1.0.2 to 1.14 and have no Edge,and the phone won't read the SIM card. I don't get the T-mobile carrier logo. Wi-fi , mail, Youtube , etc works fine. Any ideas what went wrong?

^
    that's not my problem. Don't hijack threads plz.....

I have tried everal diferent DNS servers. I think I am going to try restoring to factory and seeing if wifi works out of the box (with no AT&T service of course)

I cant install anything via Installer : I can't connect to the internet at all...

The part that puzzles me is that you said that it works at a mall. Try it in a coffee shop, or a library or such. Look in the settings if anything is different.

Try restoring, and using a different jailbreak method (such as Zibri, or if you have the time, the devteam one) I personally used the natetrue one, actually, not a single problem to date.

P.S. That's assuming you're okay with 1.1.3. Really no difference. Zibri will jailbreak 1.1.4 though, I believe.

^

Thanks for the suggestion of static ip! That worked! I now have ssh on the phone, about to turn it up for edge (hopefully)

Thanks a ton!!!! I thought I had tried this, but not with my new router, I know this did not work with my linksys as I did try it last night.

Thanks again!!!!

No prob, glad I could help!

that's why I d/gradeed back to 1.1.3 ;-}