Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: $5.99 tzones not working? 8/17/09

  1. #1
    Default $5.99 tzones not working? 8/17/09
    Anyone else having problems? No email or internet.

    I saw this:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/68...ed-8-16-a.html

    but internet3.voicestream.com did now work for me.

    EDIT:

    Starting working again out of nowhere. I guess their network was just down for a little while.
    Last edited by k1653d; 2009-08-17 at 07:18 PM.

  2. #2
    i thought 5.99 plan wasnt available at all anymore?

  3. #3
    $5.99 t-zones still working for me (8/17/09) in Bay Area

  4. #4
    If you have it already, it is grandfathered (I do love telling AT&T folks I get my data for $5.99!) I bought it for my previous phone and hope I can keep it forever more! Mine works in Los Angeles.

  5. #5
    E didn't appear for a while but reboot my phone.

    working again. I'm in Hawaii

  6. #6
    Strange mine stop working again. I tried to check my email when I woke up and it doesnt work anymore. This is the same thing that happened the other day. Hopefully it will start working again later. I will post back with an update. I hope tmobile is not taking steps to shut down us $5.99 users like they did the sidekick plan.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Strange mine stop working again. I tried to check my email when I woke up and it doesnt work anymore. This is the same thing that happened the other day. Hopefully it will start working again later. I will post back with an update. I hope tmobile is not taking steps to shut down us $5.99 users like they did the sidekick plan.
    Mine stopped working last night as well. I am hitting internet2.voicestream.com and I tried changing it to Internet3 and it still didnt work. Just get a pop-up that says not subscribed to cellular data network. Isnt it supposed to redirect to a Tmobile page to get you to upgrade? Also I noticed that no DATA IP was being assigned in SBsettings. Am I having the same issue as everyone here?

    Any suggestions?

  8. #8
    I waiting for mine to start working again and it didnt. Around 3pm I rebooted my phone and it starting working again. Strange.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I waiting for mine to start working again and it didnt. Around 3pm I rebooted my phone and it starting working again. Strange.
    I am now on day 3 and I still cannot get a data IP if I change it to epc.tmobile.com I get the redirector telling me to upgrade my plan. Any suggestions?

  10. #10
    Same thing this morning again. Woke up and tried to check email, nothing. I learned from yesterday to try a reboot. Rebooted and it started working again. I guess now I have to reboot my phone every morning...

    jaimeme1618, log into your account online and make sure you still have the tzones. Last month my friend added a internet plan to his iphone and brought it to me help him because he couldnt get it to work. I tried all the APN with no luck. I then decided to check his account online and to our surprise tmobile removed his internet plan with telling him anything. He had to call in and tell them to add it back on. So log onto your account and check to see what features you have added to your account.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Same thing this morning again. Woke up and tried to check email, nothing. I learned from yesterday to try a reboot. Rebooted and it started working again. I guess now I have to reboot my phone every morning...

    jaimeme1618, log into your account online and make sure you still have the tzones. Last month my friend added a internet plan to his iphone and brought it to me help him because he couldnt get it to work. I tried all the APN with no luck. I then decided to check his account online and to our surprise tmobile removed his internet plan with telling him anything. He had to call in and tell them to add it back on. So log onto your account and check to see what features you have added to your account.
    Ok, Just checked and for that line I have Unlimited Web for phones priced at $9.99. I have been rebooting the phone for the past 2 days and nothing. I even uninstalled the Tmobil settings bundle from Cydia and manually set up my Network Settings. I switch between different APNs and still dont get an IP assigned.

  12. #12
    Reset your network settings.

    Your apn should be

    internet2.voicestrem.com

    Try that without using a carrier bundle.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    Reset your network settings.

    Your apn should be

    internet2.voicestrem.com

    Try that without using a carrier bundle.
    That is the current set up I have been using for 2 days. The moment the internet was down I cleared all those settings, reset all my network settings and set internet2 as my APN.

    I tried internet3 and it didnt work.
    I tried EPC and it grabbed an IP from Tmo BUT all websites would get sent to the page that makes you upgrade to a bigger data plan.
    Did I leave anything out? I feel as if I tried everything with the exception of having my SIM card replaced and upgrading to the $24.99 plan.

  14. #14
    It doesnt sound like you have a data plan on your account to me. That is the exact same thing my frined's iphone did when he thought he had a data plan.

    Put your sim in a different phone and see if you get anything. If you are able to get it to work in another phone then I would suggest that there is nothing left to try but a restore.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    It doesnt sound like you have a data plan on your account to me. That is the exact same thing my frined's iphone did when he thought he had a data plan.

    Put your sim in a different phone and see if you get anything. If you are able to get it to work in another phone then I would suggest that there is nothing left to try but a restore.
    According to customer care I do. I checked Tmo.com and it says I do. I have the unlimited for 9.99. I was planning on putting it on another phone to verify tonight. I will upgrade to the shitty 24.99 plan before I restore I hate having to restore my phone and start again.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeme1618 View Post
    That is the current set up I have been using for 2 days. The moment the internet was down I cleared all those settings, reset all my network settings and set internet2 as my APN.

    I tried internet3 and it didnt work.
    I tried EPC and it grabbed an IP from Tmo BUT all websites would get sent to the page that makes you upgrade to a bigger data plan.
    Did I leave anything out? I feel as if I tried everything with the exception of having my SIM card replaced and upgrading to the $24.99 plan.
    where are you located?
    tried wap as the apn?

    it took a while for me too and it finally worked with internet2

    there is a way to change your imei number to another phone so they dont know you have the iphone

  17. #17
    I stupidly canceled my 5.99 T-Zones plan a couple of years ago because I didn't have an internet capable phone, argghhhh. I wonder if they would give it back to me... Probably not.

  18. #18
    epc.tmobile.com works for me w/ the 5.99 plan

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Habusho View Post
    I stupidly canceled my 5.99 T-Zones plan a couple of years ago because I didn't have an internet capable phone, argghhhh. I wonder if they would give it back to me... Probably not.
    Usually if you had it before they are more willing to add it to your account. It couldnt hurt to call and try. Ask for the loyalty department.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeme1618 View Post
    According to customer care I do. I checked Tmo.com and it says I do. I have the unlimited for 9.99. I was planning on putting it on another phone to verify tonight. I will upgrade to the shitty 24.99 plan before I restore I hate having to restore my phone and start again.

    Why dont you upgrade to the 19.99 unlimited web and text plan? My friend uses that one so I know that works for sure. And its a pretty good deal.
    Last edited by k1653d; 2009-08-22 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #20
    Unbleivable!!! I talked to the Loyalty dept. and I got the T-zones plan for 4.99 not even 5.99 back on my account!!! How can I make use of this now to use on my i-phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •