Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to get mms using internet2.voicestream.com apn?

Default Possible to get mms using internet2.voicestream.com apn?
    I cant seem to get the wap.voicestream.com to work, well i do but it wont even send the picture, it enables the option of sending it and it allows me to attach the picture to a message, but it wont let me send it.

The only APN that works for me is internet2.voicestream.com and thats for the internet dono if i can use for mms too?

Any help would be great

BTW I installed enablemms2g from cydia, is there anything else i need to get it to work?

if internet2 is working for you, then great, your all set.

It's pretty weird that things work differently for other people/phones. For example, wap.voicestream doesn't work for me either, but epc.tmobile.com does, but on my 3g i had to use wap.voicestream lol crazy.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

well it works for me to get on the internet, but it doesnt work to send photos, even to myself, the big red "!" comes up

none of the settings from the thread at the top of the forum work either :-/
    but i noticed all of those are for either epc or wap
    none of them are for the internet2 apn

if you want,
    Give me everything you have in the cellular data settings, i'll compared it to what i've got.

internet2.voicestream just means you have the web2go plan. The MMS settings should be the same regardless.

You could try a carrier bundle (i'd recommend the 3rd one, with internet2 as its internet apn), but they never work for me, if it doesn't work for you, uninstall it and come back here and we can try to set it up manually.

But remember to reset your network settings, and reboot, after installing the carrier bundle.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-08-15 at 08:28 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

same issue here, web2go plan with the legacy carrier bundle = No MMS.

Hoping there will be a fix for this soon.

both your apns have to be the same. if ur using wap for the top apn u have to have the same for the mms apn. set it then go back and make sure it stayed. if they dont match it will not stay.

i installed the tmobile carrier package and it gets rid of my apn :/

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post

You have a 2G iPhone. You don't get native MMS.

And you don't need to edit the APN.. totally useless. Just use the legacy bundle and stop fiddling around with the APN's. Internet2 is the only one that will work.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    input these settings to get mms working on tmobile:
    settings>general>cell data network

MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS UA Prof URL

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    You have a 2G iPhone. You don't get native MMS.

And you don't need to edit the APN.. totally useless. Just use the legacy bundle and stop fiddling around with the APN's. Internet2 is the only one that will work.
    I am using the legay bundle from cydia, never messed with either apn as the carrier bundle disables editing.

That's what I'm saying, you don't need to edit it.. that's why it's disabled.

Lovely

Not

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post

thats why i don't "like" the carrier bundles.
    Sure they are fine for the people that have no idea what they are doing, and don't care if something doesn't work or not, they just want a "one stop" way of "fixing" their carrier settings.

It's not impossible to get mms working on a 2g with web2go plan. but with a carrier bundle from spooky, you are STUCK with the settings HE provided, no matter what. When in fact my phone NEVER worked with any of his settings, for some odd reason my mms apn has to be epc.tmobile.com. I've never met anyone like that, but for me it works. If i would have just downloaded spookys bundle, and just accepted it doesn't work, i'd still have a iphone without mms. but since i took the extra 15 minutes out of my life to delete his bundle, use my knowledge and a little resources from online, I made my own bundle, and it works far better than spookys. (for me)

I want to be clear, i have nothing against spooky, He has done a great job, and he did try his hardest to get my phone working right. But the fact is, some of us aren't that stupid, and we can mess with are settings, if we want. Besides, whats the big deal? if someone did mess something up, all they'd have to do is delete the carrier bundle, reinstall it, and reset the network settings. No need to be communist and block off the entire settings menu.

so basically no mms for me with the web2go plan?

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    The plan supports it just fine You have to get it working on your end.

Lovely

Not

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    Literally didn't read the post on top of yours?

Check your pm's

i am on web2go now and i am using the same mms settings i did on my sidekick plan which is wap.voicestream

and my apn for my net is internet2 and my mms works fine

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Literally didn't read the post on top of yours?

Check your pm's
    i did the 2nd sentence says with a web2go plan its not possible unless i use spookys app, which he went off on how he didnt approve of

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    i am on web2go now and i am using the same mms settings i did on my sidekick plan which is wap.voicestream

and my apn for my net is internet2 and my mms works fine
    if i use internet2 as my web apn and wap as my mms, the settings dont save, the only way they save is if they are both the same

Ok I went to ***************** used their cydia source and got their app and followed their directions and it works! But only for the epc apn it is still a no go for the internet2 apn

any other suggestions?
    Last edited by supasekziaznboi; 2009-08-16 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got it work using sinfuliphones source and app
    but it drains the hell out of my battery so i decided to uninstall it till afix can be found

Just for future reference I got it to work by going to "help.benm.at" it helps you make a custom ipcc file and install it right from your iphone! I just reset my network settings and then I went to this site and installed it and restarted my phone. Make sure you restart it RIGHT AWAY. Dont do anything else. Just RESTART it! on start up it should have the two different apn's you need to have. (internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com)

Quote Originally Posted by ddarkraven View Post
    Just for future reference I got it to work by going to "help.benm.at" it helps you make a custom ipcc file and install it right from your iphone! I just reset my network settings and then I went to this site and installed it and restarted my phone. Make sure you restart it RIGHT AWAY. Dont do anything else. Just RESTART it! on start up it should have the two different apn's you need to have. (internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com)

this didnt work...all i saw was the settings for that and visual voicemail, not mms