Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g?

Default MMS on iPhone 2g?
    How can I get MMS with these settings:

APN:internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:guest
    Password:guest

Thanks in advance.

You don't need the guests there. Also did you download that activatemms program for the 2g?

Try wap.voicestream.com that's what works for me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (2009-08-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    You don't need the guests there. Also did you download that activatemms program for the 2g?

Exactly what he said. By the way, I noticed that you're really helpful babyblue.

I have the acctivatemms because MMS used to work before on my hiptop.T-mobile.com, so i re-installed it to be safe, and I change my APN to wap.voicestream.com, and that can't work since then my internet on my iPhone won't work since it says I need to upgrade my web2go subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by chaingang54 View Post
    I have the acctivatemms because MMS used to work before on my hiptop.T-mobile.com, so i re-installed it to be safe, and I change my APN to wap.voicestream.com, and that can't work since then my internet on my iPhone won't work since it says I need to upgrade my web2go subscription.
    dont change the apn of cellular data, change the apn of MMS

are you saying that you recently changed data plans?

i use epc.tmobile.com for cellular data

wap.voicesteam.com from mms

do you have the rest of the stuff, like MMSC, MMS proxy, etc. setup properly?

(sorry if the MMS on the 2g is completely different, i've only had experience with the 3g and 3g's as far as MMS goes.

dont change the apn of cellular data, change the apn of MMS

are you saying that you recently changed data plans?

i use epc.tmobile.com for cellular data

wap.voicesteam.com from mms

do you have the rest of the stuff, like MMSC, MMS proxy, etc. setup properly?

(sorry if the MMS on the 2g is completely different, i've only had experience with the 3g and 3g's as far as MMS goes.
    I changed data plans yesterday from the sidekick one to the web2go, my cellular data is still internet2.voicestreams.com, but when I put in the MMS APN the APN goes away.

I changed data plans yesterday from the sidekick one to the web2go, my cellular data is still internet2.voicestreams.com, but when I put in the MMS APN the APN goes away.
    uninstall that mmsactivate program, reboot your phone, and freshly install it again, reboot, download the appropriate carrier bundle, from the carrier bundle thread (in cydia, but be sure to download the right one, and make sure it's from modmyi). reset network settings, and reboot. Everything should be up and running now.

uninstall that mmsactivate program, reboot your phone, and freshly install it again, reboot, download the appropriate carrier bundle, from the carrier bundle thread (in cydia, but be sure to download the right one, and make sure it's from modmyi). reset network settings, and reboot. Everything should be up and running now.
    Nope it goes as it's going ti send the bar fills up and stops like it's suppose to then it stays there and then a red "!" comes up and it doesn't send...
    BTW thanks for the help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Just get the correct carrier bundle, install it via iTunes, then reset network settings and it should all work fine.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Nope it goes as it's going ti send the bar fills up and stops like it's suppose to then it stays there and then a red "!" comes up and it doesn't send...
    BTW thanks for the help.
    are you sure your using the proper carrier bundle?

you did everything in the proper order? reset network settings?

i could never get the bundle from spooky working properly on my phone, and it was also a PITA because the cellular data network settings are disabled in his bundle, making editing anything impossible.

uninstall everything related to mms or carrier bundle, reboot, then visit [ame=http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=53]How to Enable MMS and Tethering on the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS with 3.0 Firmware - SiNfuL iPhone[/ame]

thats the bundle i'm using, and it works 100%, there are also detailed step by step information if you get stuck. (please no one bash me for using another persons carrier bundle, i've already tried talking with spooky to get my phone working properly, which he couldn't help, plus the fact that he disables cellular data settings, it just makes troubleshooting impossible)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-08-13 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks

babyblue is correct, I just added webtogo yesterday as well. Listen closely-insert the internet2 apn like you did then in sbsetting select power and reboot the next step is go to cydia and install/confirm legacy 1.07 then sbsetting and reboot NOW legacy is a bundle and the apn is no longer visible to change because legacy does everything and settings for you. Your fine. Now for mms you will probably install activatemms in cydia. Please correct me if i am wrong.