Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed of Edge and Wifi near the finish line??

Thanks

Default Speed of Edge and Wifi near the finish line??
    I have been using wifi only for a year. I decided to give webtogo 9.99 a try. I put in epc.tmobile.com and went to SBS setting and turned Edge on and wifi off even though I was at home. I verfied in my tmo account that I had webtogo on phones. I opened safari and it took me to webtogo accont page telling my not compatible with my device what gives? I saw a 34.99 and 24.99 option What should i do? I opened up the mail app and it was going slow as oatmeal then i opened twitterific and it timed out. I did see movement in my usage in settings>general>usage so what should i do with all the obstacles above am I moving in the right direction to get internet working on my 2G?

UPDATE: 1.I noticed the "notifications" option in the setting app so I knew i was on the right track. I put in epc.tmobile.com and did the reboot again slow load and timed out on twitterfic
    2.safari went straight to webtogo account info telling me my device not compatible and upgrade to 34.99 and 24.99
    3. I erased epc and added wap.voicestream.com and got the same result after the reboot.
    4. I erased wap and put internet2.voicestream.com did a reboot and everything works like if I were on wifi!!
    I tested everything using sbs setting to turn my wifi off so E would work while in the house. It runs slower than the wifi signal but gets the job done. I opened safari and I was not taken to webtogo account page I could select yahoo etc and go to my bookmarked sites slower but I got there. Please comment or tell me if I am doing the right thing so others will know. Thanks!
    Last edited by mikerlx; 2009-08-13 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I have been using wifi only for a year. I decided to give webtogo 9.99 a try. I put in epc.tmobile.com and went to SBS setting and turned Edge on and wifi off even though I was at home. I verfied in my tmo account that I had webtogo on phones. I opened safari and it took me to webtogo accont page telling my not compatible with my device what gives? I saw a 34.99 and 24.99 option What should i do? I opened up the mail app and it was going slow as oatmeal then i opened twitterific and it timed out. I did see movement in my usage in settings>general>usage so what should i do with all the obstacles above am I moving in the right direction to get internet working on my 2G?

UPDATE: 1.I noticed the "notifications" option in the setting app so I knew i was on the right track. I put in epc.tmobile.com and did the reboot again slow load and timed out on twitterfic
    2.safari went straight to webtogo account info telling me my device not compatible and upgrade to 34.99 and 24.99
    3. I erased epc and added wap.voicestream.com and got the same result after the reboot.
    4. I erased wap and put internet2.voicestream.com did a reboot and everything works like if I were on wifi!!
    I tested everything using sbs setting to turn my wifi off so E would work while in the house. It runs slower than the wifi signal but gets the job done. I opened safari and I was not taken to webtogo account page I could select yahoo etc and go to my bookmarked sites slower but I got there. Please comment or tell me if I am doing the right thing so others will know. Thanks!
    you did the right thing, but i'm sure you could have figured that out without making a thread, and i'm sure plenty of people will have figured it out without this thread. its been posted all over the place. internet2.voicestream.com=web2go plan

Thanks

I am a noob, but I appreciate all that have help guide me.