Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What should I do?

Default What should I do?
    I have a 2G running 3.0 unlocked for t-mobile and jailbroken. I am on a family plan and i do not have any kind of data plan (i just use my wifi at home). i want to have internet where ever i go, but i dont feel like paying too much more for my bill. i dont know too much about t-mobile's data plans so if someone could help me figure out what would be best for me i will be very grateful
    thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btowne View Post
    I have a 2G running 3.0 unlocked for t-mobile and jailbroken. I am on a family plan and i do not have any kind of data plan (i just use my wifi at home). i want to have internet where ever i go, but i dont feel like paying too much more for my bill. i dont know too much about t-mobile's data plans so if someone could help me figure out what would be best for me i will be very grateful
    thank you
    Use the 9.99 web 2 go plan it's the cheapest way to go it's near impossible to convince them to give you the 5.99 old t-zones plan but web 2 go works like a charm
    my previous set up with them was as follows
    $149.99 unlimted family plan for me and my gf
    $29.99 BES
    $24.99 unlimited web for smartphones
    --------
    $204.97
    now with the loyalty plan
    $89.99 unlimted talk
    $19.99 unlimted text
    $19.98 is the web 2 go on both phones $9.99 x 2
    --------
    129.96 pre tax and fees
    after all that $145.50 so cheaper than just phone and text previously
    hope this helps
    P.S. I'm a Financial Advisor not a Tmobile employee
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-11 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Clarification

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

btowne (2009-08-19)

Wow you must be a pretty good financial advisor then! Thanks a lot for your help! I'll most likely get the web2go soon then!
    I can't thank you enough for clarifying all that for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btowne View Post
    Wow you must be a pretty good financial advisor then! Thanks a lot for your help! I'll most likely get the web2go soon then!
    I can't thank you enough for clarifying all that for me
    Well ya could hit the Thanks button j/k
    No Problem I went through ALOT of research while deciding if I should keep TMO and honestly while looking up something on mytmo about my blackberry plan the ad splashed across my screen the loyalty thing is unadvertised but I still ran all of the numbers and looked at my coporate discounts so I'm glad I could help
    Good Luck the last thing wold be to tell you btw
    That I'm using SpookyET's carrier bundle the third option postpaid legacy which takes care of all the internet sms and mms settings for you one you have the web 2 go plan believe me it makes life easy. I downloaded direct off the phone from cydia it was tricky on my girl's phone
    on her I had to reset network settings reboot the phone download the package reset network settings then rebott THERE ARE A TON OF POSTS about that on here and I've contributed to them
    so good luck btw Tmo will know you have an iphone so just tell them you want web2go and leave it at that

Thanks

I say create a bookmark for this site: tmobilepro.blogdns.com and use that for free. It works well if you want only internet. It just won't work for other data usage.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

has anyone tried that bookmark?

Thanks

btwone, I was in the same boat as you. I always been using wifi and I figure it would be better if i could get internet on my iphone without wondering if I will pick up internet signal outside of home. I just added webtogo option online via tmobile account was I suppose to call a representative?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    btwone, I was in the same boat as you. I always been using wifi and I figure it would be better if i could get internet on my iphone without wondering if I will pick up internet signal outside of home. I just added webtogo option online via tmobile account was I suppose to call a representative?
    I'm sure it was fine to add online however I know that for one of my friends the service wouldn't show up as an option to add

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    I'm sure it was fine to add online however I know that for one of my friends the service wouldn't show up as an option to add
    He has to change his phone to a T-Mobile Shadow.

It's quite jaded that this stupid smartphone gets the 19.99 plan officially.. makes up for how crappy it is I guess.

Lovely

Not

My friend said if you use an older phone, you can still get the 5.99 plan. He said he went in with an old school razr, and thy gave him the 5.99 plan. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

I think the advice is to have already selected a phone with features that are non smartphones to make the transition to an iphone easier.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i use the 9.99 web2go plan and it works like a charm.