Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Web2Go question

Default Web2Go question
    I was using the $19.99 sidekick plan up until it stopped working the other day and was looking into other affordable rate plans.

Two quick questions. Is there a data cap on web2go? And is this plan still available and still working on the iPhone?

Any info would help. Thanks!

UPDATE: It is still available and there is no data cap.
    I switched to the web2go unlimited data and text plan and it is working fine. It is also $19.99 so my monthly bill did not increase.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-08-11 at 06:49 AM.

I have the same plan as well (the 9.99 one) and when i check online to see how much data ive used there isnt anything about it, it just says that i have the unlimited internet service

so i am curious about the samething as you though

There is no data cap on the web2go unlimited. If you want unlimited messaging just add the web2go unlimited data and messaging for 19.99. It will work fine. Use the APN in my sig.

Lovely

Not

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

mikerlx (2009-08-14), RDL (2009-08-10)

@GIRLLLLLLLLL,

THNAKS for all your information. If I had read it sooner I wouldn't have wasted half an hour trying the epc APN

All is working great with "internet2.voicestream.com" .. so for $19.99 I STILL have unlimted texts and data. I dont like that data online for this plan claims its 100mb and not unlimted BUT I was assured by 2 reps it was really unlimited so.. we'll see. Not even sure I use 100mb a month anyways so..
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-08-10 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you do not have FlexPay, I would give it a shot and try to get T-Zones for data plan.

If it does not work, then Unlimited Web2Go + SMS @ $19.99
    Housekeepin'?

web2go works my sidekick stopped working so i got the web2go unlimited text and web for 20 working fine with the interent2 apn

Thanks

Referring to a previous post I have the 9.99 web 2 go plan works like charm.
    I use spookyet's carrier bundle and both iPhones I have set up are workng awesome with mms as well

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Referring to a previous post I have the 9.99 web 2 go plan works like charm.
    I use spookyet's carrier bundle and both iPhones I have set up are workng awesome with mms as well
    i just got the $20 DOLLAR WEB2GO PLAN AND EVERYTHING BUT THE MMS IS WORKING WHAT CARRIER bundle are you using or did you install something else?

Thanks

I'm using the third bundle for postpaid but here's the kicker I installed forboth mine and my girlfriends phone on mine I reset network setting loaded reboot done for the gf's phone I had to reset reboot download reset then reboot then it worked the reality is this only takes like 5 minutes total it just seemed like alot longer because I decided to do this at 2 in the morning when I couldn't sleep so ittook longer to figure out the right sequence I've spoken to 4 other friends doing multiple phones and basically they all ran one of the two ways to get it to work I had to remove this like 6 times on the girlfriends phone so it was just weird on hers but it seems common hope the short answer helped

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

littleface (2009-08-11)

Hello to all i just got the web2go plan and added the apn but no internet....Why?? also how can ij get MMS what do i put on the apn for MMS... THanks in advance for any feedback

I'm using the third bundle for postpaid but here's the kicker I installed forboth mine and my girlfriends phone on mine I reset network setting loaded reboot done for the gf's phone I had to reset reboot download reset then reboot then it worked the reality is this only takes like 5 minutes total it just seemed like alot longer because I decided to do this at 2 in the morning when I couldn't sleep so ittook longer to figure out the right sequence I've spoken to 4 other friends doing multiple phones and basically they all ran one of the two ways to get it to work I had to remove this like 6 times on the girlfriends phone so it was just weird on hers but it seems common hope the short answer helped
    thanks but when you say the third bundle are you talking about the legacy bundle? or the blackberry? and im using a 3g iphone
    Last edited by littleface; 2009-08-11 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks

Sorry man I'm using the legacy plan postpaid I removed the blackberry services when I switched to web 2 go because oddly the iPhone let's me log into my corporate site and check email though on the berry I could only get the enterprise push which was annoying what with all of the stupid emails anyhow there ya go

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

littleface (2009-08-11)

Sorry man I'm using the legacy plan postpaid I removed the blackberry services when I switched to web 2 go because oddly the iPhone let's me log into my corporate site and check email though on the berry I could only get the enterprise push which was annoying what with all of the stupid emails anyhow there ya go
    thanks im still working on getting mms working my last question for you is what type of phone does it say you have on your tmobile myhome because right now i say im using a shadow.

Thanks

I have no phone listed on the mytmobile page
    they already know you're using an iPhone because when the towers update the IMEI redirects back that the signal is from an iPhone they've had this conversation with me several times.
    I kept my black berry on there and after I switched to web2go the site eventually updated asking me to select what phones me and my girlfriend are using I think people picking fake phones is part of where they run into certain web problems because TMO thinks you're s'posed to be on a different data plan.
    As far as the MMS GOODLUCK We are both also on 3G iPhones and I'm tellin ya it may take some time but try the long ***** process I described my friends and I spent alot of time getting it to work in total 11 phones and each one took one of the two variations in order to work mind you we removed the package each time as well
    Again Good Luck and if ya need someone to test the MMS on feel free to PM I'll give ya my number I know this can be a pain in the BLEEP
    Again Good Luck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

littleface (2009-08-12)

thanks i figured out what is was thnx for all the help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleface View Post
    thanks i figured out what is was thnx for all the help
    Awesome glad to hear it
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

littleface (2009-08-17)

I'm in the same boat and thinking about switching to the $19.99 web2go. Can anyone tell me the process about switching, like what to say to the reps when I call? or can I just change it online?

Thanks

really you should just go online switch your phone to a non smartphone if not personally I just called & said I want the web 2 go @ the time I had no phone listed o. Mytmobile.
    I have the 89.99 loyalty unlimited phone
    19.99 unlimted text
    19.98 unlimited web 2 go
    all covers both mine and the gf's iPhone
    Also if you're already using the iphone there shouldn't be anything listed in mytmobile I told the girl I wanted to switch to web 2 go because I no longer the blackberry specifc services and just wanted to have unlimited internet access as there ae time when I would be switching back and forth to the iphone upon which she said oh yeah that's totally an awesome plan for doing that when I called back about something else the rep said oh I see you're usig an iPhone b/c the tower reads the imei being sent to it this was during an internet outage which is on another thread
    I wanted to give you my exact experience becasue if you just call and say I'm looking for the cheapest option to accomplish "xyz" alot of the reps will actually help you
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-18 at 07:13 AM. Reason: clarification
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

If I use the spookyET bundle and have my mms working, can I just go into the network>cellular data and change the APN without installing the legacy bundle?