Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sidekick plan stopped working all of a sudden

Default sidekick plan stopped working all of a sudden
    Hey Guys,

I'm running a jailbroken ultrasn0w'd iPhone 3G on 3.0.1. I have the sidekick unlimited plan and have been using it for about 11 months now with no problems.All of a sudden my data stopped working and I've tried everything in my will to fix it. Respring/reboot doesn't help. I re-stored and re-jailbroke and that didn't work either. I also tried my SIM in another phone and was able to connect to the internet. Then replaced the SIM in the iPhone and still no internet.

My APN settings are:
    hiptop.t-mobile.com

Anyone know anything I can do? I called t-mobile and they told me I need the "smart phone" data plan, but I don't really believe anything they say anymore...

Thanks in advance!

Several other people are experiencing this also.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ng-iphone.html

Default same here
    same here safiri wont load for nuthing but.. i noticed i can still recive and send email in my email,contacts thingy so thats strange may be sever down? worked last night great

im guessing its on tmobiles end as this would hit their own sidekicks, not just iphones.

and its acting like it is connected, but it just times out, which usually is a server side error

my son and I also. Indiana.

i think they finally cracked on all iphones.

Me 2, n i jus paid my bill, does ne1 else have their "granfathered" sidekick data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Burk View Post
    Me 2, n i jus paid my bill, does ne1 else have their "granfathered" sidekick data plan?
    I'm still paying 14.99/month as I have been for 3 years.

I understand the myth is that iphone users are going to use more data than you would on a sidekick but at home I use wifi and out I use it mostly to check email and now and then to do a search or check weather. I personally checked my account and my data has NOT skyrocketed from my sidekick days so to pay whatever more a month they want is rape! (yeah I said it!..lol)

I already pay alot and use alil. I might just move on and get raped by AT&T. Atleast then I can get a NEW iphone for the price I been buying year old ones for off Craigslist and not have to worry about unlocking. Smh at TMo. I love em but might be time to move on.

Default got mine working
    just got off the phone with t-mobile (they are not cracking down on iphones they even sent me to there department witch specializes in iphones) had me reset my apn settings restart my phone then set my apn to internet2.voicestream.com and restart my phone works perfectly now

i have the pepaid sidekick plan

forgot the tech i talked to said if i have any other problems when i call back when it asks for your mobile number say iphone and it will take you to there iphone department

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jss85 For This Useful Post:

RDL (2009-08-09)

Quote Originally Posted by jss85 View Post
    just got off the phone with t-mobile (they are not cracking down on iphones they even sent me to there department witch specializes in iphones) had me reset my apn settings restart my phone then set my apn to internet2.voicestream.com and restart my phone works perfectly now

i have the pepaid sidekick plan

forgot the tech i talked to said if i have any other problems when i call back when it asks for your mobile number say iphone and it will take you to there iphone department
    good to hear some feedback from someone who spoke with tmobile but on sidekick (not prepaid) but monthly plan i have never had any apn but hiptop.t-mobile.com to work so i'm not sure this will solve most users problems.

Just tried it and no luck.

Just got off the phone with tmobile and they said they close th loop hole so iphones can't use the sidekick plan for internet. They said it's for sidekicks only. He basically accused me o stealing there internet.

i got sidkick plan and 1.00 day prepay... i think they did close loop hole ..cause if i put my sim in a old tmobile phone it will not connect to network but when i use my other sim card basic pre pay plan im my old tmobile phone it connects ..so i gusee tmobile did something to the account with the sk plan so it wont connect.....has anyone tryed a sk with sim to see if it connects BUt use differnt sim not the one u use in iphone

I'm still using my sidekick unlimited plan with my iPhone with no problems.

im in nyc tmobile rep in ipone deparment said she has not herd anything about tmobile bloking sk plan on iphone she said it should work...so i ask her if there are outages in my area and she said brokklin,manhatten(where i am) and albany are haveing a problom she said it might just be that.but shes not sure... i repeat she has not herd of tmobile blocking sk plan on iphone.....

I called and got the same explanation about the Sidekick policy change. I was on the $20 unlimited data and text plan and they told me that in order to get the data portion working again, I needed to get on a smartphone plan that is $24.99 without unlimited text. If I wanted to get unlimited text that would be an additional $10. I'm no longer under a 2-year contract (it expired) and I asked if changing the data plan would require me to sign up for another 2-year contract. The representative said no, I would still be paying monthly out of contract. I'm in NYC. They said there aren't any power outages in my area that they could see. Hope that helps.

It makes sense that it isn't a power outage since its only sidekick plans that are affected (why aren't people on smartphone plans having trouble?) and phone service is ok, its just data that's not working...

I wanna know how chaingang54's sidekick unlimited is working?

What are your configurations? What exactly have you all done to your iphone?

Thanks man

a few of my friends here in nyc have sidkick with 1 buk a day and its working fine...i waz gonna put there sim card in my iphone to see if it works but i dont wanna get there sim banned to lol lol...ok this is what i tryed i have to sims one on sk plan buk aday and one basic prepay i with my basic pre pay sim my old tmobile phone connets to tzone.. but when i put sk sim (iphone)in my old phone it does not connet to tzone... so i think there r blocking us.... i don wanna put my other sim in cause dont want it to be band to

hey.. what's the deal with this? Anyone have any clear answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast