Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sidekick plan stopped working all of a sudden

this is F*k*d up! i heard that tmobile set it up in there system so that any unlocked phone using there network needed a 24.99$ internet plan or higher or it wont work

i even changed my imei to a sidekick one and still nothing!!
    Last edited by scott901148; 2009-08-10 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For anyone wondering I'm still using my hiptop sidekick plan with my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by chaingang54 View Post
    For anyone wondering I'm still using my hiptop sidekick plan with my iPhone.
    You've said this twice now without providing any details.
    Correction: Three times. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary to make it work or is it just magically working for you? Where are you located? Which plan do you have, exactly?
    Last edited by JacksonBrown; 2009-08-10 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Update

you realize he's just trolling right?

That guy is a liar the sidekick plan is not working for anyone any more,emails yes,and i promise you he can't provide proof,does not matter anyway i got web2go for 20 bucks and net is back up unlimited usage with unlimited text

web2go is 20 dollars but you need to pay additional for a voice line as well dont you? What is your monthly bill because i dont seem to see how 20/mo (alone) will enable my data again...

eh i am on a flex voice plan i am paying 50 for unlimited mins any time

and 20 bucks for my data

Okay, I just checked right now, sorry about no details idk how to prove it, my Sidekick Plan has officialy stoepd working, only the calling and email works, and the texts. I'm on the phone to see if I can get the webs2go plan right now.

They are charging me $34.99 for the internet plan for the iPhone!
    Webs2Go is only $19.99.

Mine has officialy stoped working in NYC, I called and they wanted me to switch to the $34.99 plan which I refuse to use, will the web2go plan work?
    Last edited by chaingang54; 2009-08-12 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I am not on the sidekick plan I have the Total Internet Plan but for all Pay as you go sidekick users on the iPhone here is an article, they are no longer supporting that plan on the iPhone

T-Mobile stops offering prepaid Sidekick data service to unlocked iPhone users

Quote Originally Posted by chaingang54 View Post
    Okay, I just checked right now, sorry about no details idk how to prove it, my Sidekick Plan has officialy stoepd working, only the calling and email works, and the texts. I'm on the phone to see if I can get the webs2go plan right now.

They are charging me $34.99 for the internet plan for the iPhone!
    Webs2Go is only $19.99.

Mine has officialy stoped working in NYC, I called and they wanted me to switch to the $34.99 plan which I refuse to use, will the web2go plan work?
    yes the web2go works great unlimited texting/data for 20 bucks

but they might hassle u asking you for a imei number for a phone that supports it,thankfully for me my gf had some bs phone laying around that i took the imei from

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    yes the web2go works great unlimited texting/data for 20 bucks

but they might hassle u asking you for a imei number for a phone that supports it,thankfully for me my gf had some bs phone laying around that i took the imei from
    Yea they did, I called 4 times and they refused to make it a web2go plan, I'm going to the T-Mobile store I bought the phone at to see if they will change it because they are very good and customer friendly.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

just what i didn't want to hear.

friends are calling me left n right wondering why it stopped working. this is what i thought it was before i even looked.

thanks everyone
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

just quit my sidekick plan, i am not going to pay 30 dollars a month
    to receive email only.

I went to a T-Mobile store and they gave me the Shadows IMEI Code, I then called up T-Mobile on my phone, told them I would like to change my Sidekick Unlimited Plan to the Web2Go Unlimited Plan ($19.95), they said ookay no problem, and now I'm saving 5cents every month and still have unlimited texting and web usage, I should of change a while back...Also, if you don't use texting it's only $9.99 a month. So all of you with this problem find an extra IMEI Code or maybe your local T-Mobile can give you one, and call up and say you would like to change your plan, DO NOT MENTION you have an iPhone, if they ask why just say because it's a temporary phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12