Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tzones/Myfaves

Default Tzones/Myfaves
    what are Tzones plan speeds?
    is it GPRS? because the way i understood it was Tzones is made for crappy little flip phones to get the weather and traffic not youtube.

or are we screwing Tmobile and getting EDGE?

i know someone has to have asked this before but here it is again, thanks.

Now for the important question

myfaves, i am under the impression right before my bill change i have to pop my sim into my tmobile phone to get the myfaves filter to work otherwise overages out the rectum. noone at Tmobile answered this for me
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

You can change it yourself online at my.t-mobile.com or call Customer Care, or call your local T-Mobile Retail Store....not an authorized dealer an actual corportate store. I work for T-Mobile as a sales rep, and it used to be that way as far as changing your myFaves, but you can do it yourself now.

And no.....as far as filtering....it is all done on the backend by the system when you set your myFaves. So no need to worry about that.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I'm getting EDGE with the T-Zones plan.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I use MyFaves with my iPhone so that's not a problem. Customer Service will tell you that you need a MyFaves enabled phone but it's bs, hahah.

I'm using the tmobile tzone also, and it actually work. Can some tell me the difference between the full internet and the tzone services. If the tzone services can do everything the full internet do. Why do people subscribe to full internet service. Also, can tmobile find this out and block the internet access for tzone subscribers?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

The full internet is used to access complete net. T-Zones allows you to only access the mobile web. You can use a proxy with T-Zones to allow you to access the full web. T-Mobile can find out, sure, but they don't manage it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Ok its unlikely theyll find out or take action. Now my question is, whats the worst that could happen if T-Mobile found out you were using T-Zones to access the full internet? Would they take action against you or just cancel your T-Zones?

After all this, I am still confused as to the settings to get Tmobile Internet (19.95) plan to work.

I tried the Tzone settings that were spoke of in the following forum.. http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6365

The best I could come up with in getting my internet to work, was having the tzone proxy setting shown above, I would then get a redirected connection page showing that I did not have a tzone account.

This still leaves me with no way to connect to the internet via Tmobile Internet.

I got rid of all tzone settings and then tried all of the following APN settings.

internet2.voicestream.com
    blank
    blank

internet3.voicestream.com
    blank
    blank

wap.voicestream.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by fast_88gt View Post
    After all this, I am still confused as to the settings to get Tmobile Internet (19.95) plan to work.

I tried the Tzone settings that were spoke of in the following forum.. http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6365

The best I could come up with in getting my internet to work, was having the tzone proxy setting shown above, I would then get a redirected connection page showing that I did not have a tzone account.

This still leaves me with no way to connect to the internet via Tmobile Internet.

I got rid of all tzone settings and then tried all of the following APN settings.

internet2.voicestream.com
    blank
    blank

internet3.voicestream.com
    blank
    blank

wap.voicestream.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    you're 100% sure that you replaced the t-zones preferences with the original then right? the plist file? i'm thinking that could be it.
    Last edited by stevenisHAUNTED; 2007-10-02 at 06:51 AM. Reason: cuz i needed to? idk. :/

i saw that my phone put in Guest as the username and password by default when i deleted them, go back and check it a couple times to see that it did not do taht, if it did backspace ti and try

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lan05 View Post
    I use MyFaves with my iPhone so that's not a problem. Customer Service will tell you that you need a MyFaves enabled phone but it's bs, hahah.
    Its not all BS .. There was an issue anytime you had a non My Faves -device and you sim once register your imei with the system Your calls will not count as MYfaves hence you Anytimes mins get hit... But since Aug 07 you can relly us any device .... it doesnt matter... The reps tell you to use My Faves device because it is still a t-mobile policy that you have to have My Faves Device to get MyFaves ! but this doesn't matter no more..

^^ I think that is bs because most of the time I dont use my FAvs icons, I ussually dial the number

So do i understand this right. If I change my plan to MyFavs plan and put the sim in my MyFavs phone program the numbers then put the sim back in my iPhone it will work. Or do I have to contact T-Mobile to set the numbers up with them.

you can call T-Mobile, you can use MyTmobile on the internet (from your iphone if you like 0.o) or you can do the sim swap

I can't get the page to manage myfaves, to load.
    I just set up a flexpay acct. w/ myfaves, and when I sign in to my-t-mobile.com and click manage myfaves, it stalls forever, and then safari says Failed to open page
    Safari could not open the page “http://my5.msg.t-mobile.com/my5emu2/web/safari.cmd” because the server stopped responding.
    But I can go to anyother page on the net, so its not my internet connection.

Is there another myfaves link I should click on? Its doing this on both my iphone and laptop. I have tried selecting a few different myfaves phones on their site. Does it matter which one I choose? Or should I be selecting a paticular phone to get it to work w/ the iphone?

Edit: Just had a thought, Can someone try logging into their myfaves account, maybe the service is down for maintenance?

OK, weird, I think I figured it out. For some reason I am able to load the myfaves page with FireFox and not Safari. Retarded...
    So on the myfaves page it says the numbers I put in are waiting for confirmation? Hopefully it works?
    Last edited by mojojojo; 2007-11-10 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

it takes a bit but itl work.

also web browsers are fishy in the way that they render css and java and html and safari is probably not approved (idk why its a main stream browser) but if you used firefox or IE itl most certainly work for you

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats very easy, just call T-mobile, add your 5 faves to your account thru them, then add all your faves to your favorites list on your iphone, then anytime you gonna use it, press the home button and there are all your faves...