Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Telenav for iPhone through T-Mobile (if you had it on a T-Mobile phone already)

Default Telenav for iPhone through T-Mobile (if you had it on a T-Mobile phone already)
    So...I haven't seen anything about this, really, so I thought I'd share what I found out by accident.

I was using the Blackberry Curve 8900 on T-Mobile for a while and downloaded the "Telenav" gps app. I loved it, it always worked, and I travel a lot for work, so it always came in handy. For me, it was worth the $9.99 tacked onto my bill every month.

When I recently switched over to my "new" iPhone 2g, I found to my dismay that I couldn't access the T-Mobile apps store to re-download Telenav. I'll be honest, I panicked. I use it a LOT. For the hell of it, I browsed the Apple App store and found the AT&T version. I figured "What the hell" and downloaded it.

What I found out:
    If you had previously gotten Telenav through T-Mobile, just enter your phone #, name, and email then hit submit. When prompted, leave the 4-digit pin blank and click "forgot my pin".

What happens is, they'll text you your pin and then you can sign in fully. Despite it being touted as AT&T, the program is working just fine for me over T-Mobile.

I don't know how useful this will be to any of you, but I wanted to try and throw something back since I'm slowly learning a lot through the forums here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRiot For This Useful Post:

iBrickMyi (2011-01-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why not get one of the GPS apps from the app store and pay once and your done

I finally figured out how to add addresses and look up businesses on the web and synchronize them to my Navigator's "Favorites". If anyone is interested here is the link: TeleNav - Voice directions on your GPS phone

hello mr. riot,
    well, this is just the solution i've been looking for. except i haven't had telenav navigator on any t-mobile phone before. i started with t-mobile with my jb, unlocked iphone. i did download at&t telenav navigator to the iphone, but can't activate it. have you or anyone found a way to get telenav navigator running on a t-mobile iphone? thanks.
    regards,
    iBrickMyi

iPhone 3Gs via T-Mobile; iOS 4.2.1; baseband 06.15.00, jb, unlocked, sam'ed & unbricked!