Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want cheapest, simplest Tmo Data Plan

Default Want cheapest, simplest Tmo Data Plan
    Kinda newbie, but I have Tmo and E working fine on my 3g 3.0 BUT, I'm tagging on an older Family Plan with no data that I can see. My previous Samsung TMo phone would connect to T-Zones I think but I never used it.
    My sister says we don't have data? My line's online bill shows messaging is available, and there is a Downloads portion that shows any downloads but I haven't incurred any. I can not connect to web on Edge.

Is it feasible to set up a separate cheap data plan/SIM for me to use myself? Is the $30/mo sidekick plan the only option? Don't need messaging at all.
    is switching sims depending on use crazy? I only need minimal voice, and data.
    thanks for reading.

With the way they're limiting iPhone users from using any other plan than the smartphone data plan, I would just have that added.

Thanks

Just get an offical AT+T contract.

You don't buy a BMW then stick on the cheapest, nastiest wheels you can fine. Or maybe you do. Who knows.

Don't live outside your means, that's how the credit crunch happened
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just get an offical AT+T contract.

You don't buy a BMW then stick on the cheapest, nastiest wheels you can fine. Or maybe you do. Who knows.

Don't live outside your means, that's how the credit crunch happened
    You do realize this is the T-Mobile section. Who cares about AT&T. I most certainly didn't buy my iPhone with someone over me telling me which data plans I had to have and for how long, matched up with spotty 3G and horrible customer service.

Hmm, you got the wrong impression. I actually live below my means. My home and cars are paid off. I'm just not a heavy cell/voice plan user and don't wish to fork over thousands to ATT. I'd just like some data access when not in a Wifi zone.

I use the iphone most for ipod, apps, music, games, email, video/cam, internet. I had a 2G Touch before and decided to just roll my very basic shared TMo plan onto this 16gb 3G I got. I was using my Touch to make Voip calls sometimes.

Isn't that the reason all of us are here??, avoiding the ATT no option contract/plan. US Justice dept just started looking into this 'deal' and others.

We use Macs at work (graphic work), I have Mac Minis on my HDTV/HTPC setups. I like Apple products and enjoy all the things the iphone does, phone calls being just one feature for me.
    well, that's my Apple story. thanks for the helps.
    oh, and no. I wouldn't buy a BMW, I prefer better tech and value in my Acuras.
    Last edited by gigaguy; 2009-07-12 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

unlimited web2go for 9.99.just put your sim into an older non smart phone like razr or something and call CS with the razr and ask for them to add "unlimited web for 9.99"
    p.s. use internet2.voicestream.com
    if it doent work or stops working you can always cancel.
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button