Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help

Default help
    ****Please Help I-Phone2G*****!!!! Begging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello everyone I would appreciate help as i read and tryed to fix this problem by reading other peoples post but its not working.... I got iphone 2g and unlocked it and jailbroke it with my tmobile simcard in there with Pwnage and everything i needed it went through and when the phone starts back up it says different sim detected please connect to itunes and when i do that it says it doesnt recognize the carrier with the sim on itunes so i cant restore and it keeps asking me to update to 3.0 os software which i didnt do...what do i have to do i typed in wap.voicestream.com in the APN section when taking out the sim card... do i have to change the settings while i take the sim card out for it to get past this screen i mean what do i really have to do without going through so much again and why is it doing this because the tmobile service is up my texts are popping up i can get calls i just cant get past that screen... do i have to like take the sim card out and do something on cydia pleae help please i need service its taking me like 5 hours with this whole process so far....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sounds like it may have not been actually been unlocked during the process. My suggestion would be to restore the phone in iTunes and then jailbreak and unlock again.
    Since you didn't say what version you are using,(2.2.1-3.0) PC/Mac here is a guide to jailbreak and unlock the 2G iPhone.
    I would update your iTunes to 8.2 and use RedsnOw to jailbreak and unlock. So easy. Good luck.

Do i Have to use Redsnow when unlocking with windowns because i thought i did that with pwn 2.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antneyaces View Post
    Do i Have to use Redsnow when unlocking with windowns because i thought i did that with pwn 2.2
    RedsnOw has been found to be much easier and more stable. It will give you an option to unlock during the process, very smooth and easy, after you restore in iTunes to 3.0 it will only take about 5 minutes to jailbreak and unlock.

Go here to this link and it will shed some light. It is a tree menu, just follow it and click on what applies to you, everything you need will be there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

antneyaces (2009-07-08)

Default ok
    I really appreciate all this help but im having a hard time with this becuase i always get mixed up when i need the sim card in when to take it out and what to do i have the latest verzion of itunes 8 ok i have the pwn installed....... so now that my phone is jailbroken i guess can u tell me what exact steps u would take step by step as far as going about this if u had my phone???

so what do i do take the sim out?? and then when theres no sim doesnt itunes say doesnt recognize any sim?? it says restore or update and i hit restore right??? then when i do that what do i do put the sim in and jail break again and then click link for redsnow and download all that into one folder or put in pwn folder when does the sim card supposed to be in and how do i go about doing this step by step and when sim should be in phone with my software latest verzion of itunes iphone2g and windows vista i would greatly appreciate it man and like what about cydia???? what do i do with that and do i have to change the setting on my phone AND WHAT IS DCU MODE OR WHATEVER???

Thanks

OK, here it is plain and simply.
    Update itunes to 8.2
    Leave the sim card in.
    Put your phone in DFU mode. (in DFU mode you will not get any sim error)
    Restore as a New phone. (do not set up from a back up)
    Jailbreak with RedsnOw. (check box to unlock)

If your unsure how to put in DFU mode, do this.

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-08 at 11:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

antneyaces (2009-07-08)

ok i just want to be prepared for all this later....so it will say on itunes that it will read the sim but on the phone itself it will still say different SIM detected after i hold that down WHILE its plugged into itunes.... the i restore it? after i Restore it and everything will my iphone screen be different and then you say i Jailbreak it with the redsn0w software correct?? and after i do that i unlock it with redsn0w as well and my sim should be kept in during this whole process??? When you say restore as new phone what do u mean by that?????? and what about in itunes when it keeps trying to make me update to 3.0?????? and is there a visual screen shot step by step format for Redsn0w??? to jailbreak and unlock and what to do first... thanks so much

please?
    Last edited by antneyaces; 2009-07-09 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

DFU mode first (then you will have no sim error). then update to 3.0

ok i just want to be prepared for all this later....so it will say on itunes that it will read the sim but on the phone itself it will still say different SIM detected after i hold that down WHILE its plugged into itunes.... the i restore it? after i Restore it and everything will my iphone screen be different and then you say i Jailbreak it with the redsn0w software correct?? and after i do that i unlock it with redsn0w as well and my sim should be kept in during this whole process??? When you say restore as new phone what do u mean by that?????? and what about in itunes when it keeps trying to make me update to 3.0?????? and is there a visual screen shot step by step format for Redsn0w??? to jailbreak and unlock and what to do first... thanks so much

please?
    Yes, 3.0 is what you want.
    Yes redsnOw, it will offer an unlock, click yes.
    Sim in phone the whole time.
    If you go to the link I gave you it will have pictures of every page of the process. READ everything first.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-09 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

do i have to update to 3.0 it takes a long time doi have to ??????

Thanks

do i have to update to 3.0 it takes a long time doi have to ??????
    lmao, ok your making this way harder then it is.
    I understand this is your first time but once you do it you will laugh and say, dam this was easy. If you have a problem, which you will not as long as you follow the directions. There is always help here on MMi.

You can't screw your phone up. You can always restore it.

For a 2g phone it is so easy. Update iTunes, just few minutes
    update phone to 3.0 5 to 8 minutes maybe
    jailbreak and unlock 3 to 5 minutes max

tells me its gonna take 5 hours to get done with this and it keeps saying networking timing out cant connect software update.... when im downloading the 3.0

keeps saying now sim card in the middle of me downloading it and all this other stuff and i the redsn0w download is 122kb and it doesnt even open???????

???
    Last edited by antneyaces; 2009-07-09 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

tells me its gonna take 5 hours to get done with this and it keeps saying networking timing out cant connect software update.... when im downloading the 3.0

keeps saying now sim card in the middle of me downloading it and all this other stuff and i the redsn0w download is 122kb and it doesnt even open???????

???
    First problem, did you update iTunes to 8.2?
    Did you put phone in DFU and then click restore in iTunes.
    If not in DFU you will get sim error.
    Yes, the Redsnow is a big file.
    Here is a video that may help you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDEN3zfQOg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How To Jailbreak NEW 3.0 Firmware For iPhone,iPhone 3G,iPod Touch 1st & 2nd Gen On Windows/Mac[/ame]

If your in it for a quick go its not going to happen. For Itunes it can be at least an 80MB file... the software for the iphone firmware. another 250MB. Then redsnow which should not take as long as these other ones. If your running a bunch of download/uploads its really going to take a while. Use this time to watch a movie as it all downloads perhaps...

Either way once you have all you need it really is pretty simple process to do for the 2G's. But you must have patience grasshopper. Skip a step and you may have to do things all over. The guides are very good.