Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Visual Voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by tnisatard View Post
    do you guys think it will be an extra fee for visual voicemail? or its free?
    IF we're ever able to get it, there won't be a fee for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tnisatard View Post
    do you guys think it will be an extra fee for visual voicemail? or its free?
    From what I heard there wont be a cost for some of the data plans (I'm assuming the non T-Zone Plans), and a cost for some of the lower end Data plans, but that's not from any T-Mobile rep, just what T-Mo News was reporting.

Default Visual Voicemail report
    SO i just spoke to a rep and everyone who ordered those my touch 3g's are getting them tomorrow....and obviously VVM is going to be an app that they have to download and the tmo rep said that it is something that has to be added onto the tmobile account that you have whatever that may be. I asked him if tmo customers needed to be on the G1 plan (the 34.99 package)and they said you do in order to get the vvm feature. They said that it's going to be a while before they release it to the other data plans. I have the tmo total internet package....so hopefully someone somewhere can figure out the settings to work for someone like me. You all probably know this already but i figure i'd put my two cents in...whatever they're worth!

Quote Originally Posted by humbeegj01 View Post
    SO i just spoke to a rep and everyone who ordered those my touch 3g's are getting them tomorrow....and obviously VVM is going to be an app that they have to download and the tmo rep said that it is something that has to be added onto the tmobile account that you have whatever that may be. I asked him if tmo customers needed to be on the G1 plan (the 34.99 package)and they said you do in order to get the vvm feature. They said that it's going to be a while before they release it to the other data plans. I have the tmo total internet package....so hopefully someone somewhere can figure out the settings to work for someone like me. You all probably know this already but i figure i'd put my two cents in...whatever they're worth!
    Now lets see how many reps give us the same story or something different. BTW did you speak with someone in techinical support or just a mormal rep?

I think some of this may be right. Voicemail is wacky today. I was wondering why I didn't get messages, and I called my own number. First it said that the mailbox is invalid and if I want to leave a message for another customer to dial the number. I tried again and this time while my phone was still ringing, I got connected to T-Mobile business selling unit. WTF?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds strange, maybe a VVM prep?

I was talking to a tech support agent last night and a reg tech was the one who informed me about the vvm being released today. The tech supportwas the one who informed me about differences in data plans.

Default More info...
    so i was reading up more on this visual voicemail dilema....i'm gonna go talk to someone at one of the stores and i will find out more info....anyone want me to ask something?!?! oh i attached a picture of what i found on the tmobile website. Something about you have to have a 34.99 plan in order to get "ENHANCED VOICEMAIL" whatever that means.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-5.png   -picture-6.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Call as a G1 person... tell them you are making the apps for the open market... And you;ll get the settings.. talk to TDD dept or tear 2 rep in tech... I called yesterday.. told me to call back at 12 am and I will get what I need.. I am to busy to do now.. or i would..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Call as a G1 person... tell them you are making the apps for the open market... And you;ll get the settings.. talk to TDD dept or tear 2 rep in tech... I called yesterday.. told me to call back at 12 am and I will get what I need.. I am to busy to do now.. or i would..
    can't right now...work... :-/

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

this is "enhanced voicemail's definition" on the t-mobile website:

Never miss a call again. With Enhanced VoiceMail, your employees or clients can always leave a message…whether you're on another call, are unable to answer, or have your phone turned off. Change the greeting as often as you want to give callers up-to-date information on where you are or when you'll be able to return their call. You can even record multiple greetings, with specific greetings for people in your contact list or for different times of day. It's like your own private executive assistant, and it's included with any T-Mobile business voice plan. To get started, just press and hold the 1 key for a second or two, or dial 1-805-MESSAGE and follow the prompts.

Enhanced VoiceMail is included free on all plans $34.99 and higher and covers all the capabilities of VoiceMail plus increased message storage capacity, increased greeting length, and fax mail.

Note: You can receive up to 500 free minutes of messages per month. Additional minutes of messages will be charged at airtime rates. Contact a T-Mobile representative for details. California customers, please call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone to add fax mail to your Enhanced VoiceMail account.

not the same as visual voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by gcastro723 View Post
    this is "enhanced voicemail's definition" on the t-mobile website:

Never miss a call again. With Enhanced VoiceMail, your employees or clients can always leave a message…whether you're on another call, are unable to answer, or have your phone turned off. Change the greeting as often as you want to give callers up-to-date information on where you are or when you'll be able to return their call. You can even record multiple greetings, with specific greetings for people in your contact list or for different times of day. It's like your own private executive assistant, and it's included with any T-Mobile business voice plan. To get started, just press and hold the 1 key for a second or two, or dial 1-805-MESSAGE and follow the prompts.

Enhanced VoiceMail is included free on all plans $34.99 and higher and covers all the capabilities of VoiceMail plus increased message storage capacity, increased greeting length, and fax mail.

Note: You can receive up to 500 free minutes of messages per month. Additional minutes of messages will be charged at airtime rates. Contact a T-Mobile representative for details. California customers, please call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone to add fax mail to your Enhanced VoiceMail account.

not the same as visual voicemail
    ahhh ic....thanks for that clarification! i was totally confused....so now i guess we will wait...im going to call tomorrow...unless someone beats me to it....

The "feature" changes they are talking about are two that launched yesterday. The old G1 plans are grandfathered and now need to be changed to "Android" SOC codes. There are two Android SOC codes that include VVM capabilities. $24.99 Android UNL DATA NO MSG, (for people who want no or less than 1000 txt messages, or people who have family unlimited messaging) and $34.99 UNL DATA UNL MSG. Those are the same as the late G1 rate plans, but include VVM capabilities. Call and change to that rate plan. There are no differences other than that. These work 100% for the iPhone without giving you the Web2Go nag screen.

Quote Originally Posted by wdelisi View Post
    The "feature" changes they are talking about are two that launched yesterday. The old G1 plans are grandfathered and now need to be changed to "Android" SOC codes. There are two Android SOC codes that include VVM capabilities. $24.99 Android UNL DATA NO MSG, (for people who want no or less than 1000 txt messages, or people who have family unlimited messaging) and $34.99 UNL DATA UNL MSG. Those are the same as the late G1 rate plans, but include VVM capabilities. Call and change to that rate plan. There are no differences other than that. These work 100% for the iPhone without giving you the Web2Go nag screen.
    So to be clear, I currently have their $19.99 data plan, now I just have to ask for the Android UNL DATA NO MSG (or unlimited msg) plan? How do I then get VVM? CAN ANYONE ELSE VERIFY THIS WORKS????? Thank you
    Last edited by sr852; 2009-07-30 at 10:03 PM.

You HAVE to have one of the "Android UNL DATA" plans for VVM, but we do not know the complete settings for the iPhone yet... When the community figures it out, it should work, but you will have to have one of those rate plan features. Until then, don't worry about changing your data feature, as you will not be able to change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by wdelisi View Post
    You HAVE to have one of the "Android UNL DATA" plans for VVM, but we do not know the complete settings for the iPhone yet... When the community figures it out, it should work, but you will have to have one of those rate plan features. Until then, don't worry about changing your data feature, as you will not be able to change it back.
    Thank you for the clarification. My interpretation was that I just had to switch plans and I was good to go. Now I know I need to wait.

Default ??
    just wondering if anyone has figured anything out since the last post about having specific G1/mytouch data plans?

Quote Originally Posted by humbeegj01 View Post
    just wondering if anyone has figured anything out since the last post about having specific G1/mytouch data plans?
    Don't you think it would have been published by now? I'm working on it. I know it, you'll know it. myTouch is not yet hackable. I guesstimate that I have 90% of the settings needed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Don't you think it would have been published by now? I'm working on it. I know it, you'll know it. myTouch is not yet hackable. I guesstimate that I have 90% of the settings needed.
    I would call that progress.

I just got off the phone with a T-Mobile rep and he said you can only get VVM if you are black! ROFL...

Seriously guys I can't believe you all are willing to pay upwards of 40 bucks a month for a data plan...that is total insanity! I pay almost that much monthly with Comcast for high speed internet, I'm not paying it twice a month! You people with data plans do realize you are paying for the internet twice each month, right? For me I just can't see it, I'm on Wi-Fi like 99.9% of the time unless I'm in my car driving somewhere...I can live without checking email on my phone when I'm in my car.

This is nuts!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast