Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If i dont pay my bill my screen wont work...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default If i dont pay my bill my screen wont work...
    first off, im from michigan usa and i have a iphone 2g unlocked on t-mobile, running 3.0 firmware. i had my phone shut off because of not paying my bill a few times before and edge/internet will still work for maybe a week but after that, my screen will stop responding.

ive had my screen not respond when i had service and all i had to do was a hard reset to fix this. im just wondering if anyone had similar problems and what they might have done to fix this... (other than pay their bill hah) id really like to still be able to listen to my ipod or play with my apps.

thanks!!!

im 99.9% sure there is no signal the can send to your phone over their satellites that will allow them to make your screen stop responding it must have been slightly defective before and now it has gotten worse

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah, it only really ever does it when i dont pay my bill, then when i do, it works again haha. im going to pay my bill tomorrow when i get paid and then reply to this. i mean, i know nothing about stuff like this, i just wondered if anyone ever heard of this happening with t-mobile 2g's or something. maybe my phone is just weird.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thats wierd!!! lol

first-gen iphones are known for having digitizer issues (which is what makes the screen have touch function).

ATT is not locking your phone up because you didnt pay your bill, lol. Ever seen that movie "Conspiracy Theory"?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    first-gen iphones are known for having digitizer issues (which is what makes the screen have touch function).

ATT is not locking your phone up because you didnt pay your bill, lol. Ever seen that movie "Conspiracy Theory"?
    They are? Should I be concerned about selling my first gen and then the digitizer messing up?
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Quote Originally Posted by SharpieBandit View Post
    They are? Should I be concerned about selling my first gen and then the digitizer messing up?
    I wouldnt worry about it. Its just one of them things...it may work forever, or it may not.

Apple actually extended the warranty on the first-gen to cover the digitizer only beyond the first year because of this issue. Dont know how much longer they would cover it...but its still covered to a point after the warranty expires.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

SharpieBandit (2009-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I wouldnt worry about it. Its just one of them things...it may work forever, or it may not.

Apple actually extended the warranty on the first-gen to cover the digitizer only beyond the first year because of this issue. Dont know how much longer they would cover it...but its still covered to a point after the warranty expires.
    I've had my 2G since the DAY it came out...never had a problem with it. Been running on T-Mobile unlocked/jb'd since it was possible. I wouldn't worry about it, unless the screen feezes when you don't pay your bill...