Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G GPS Doesnt work

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default 3G GPS Doesnt work
    i searched for this on the forums but couldnt figure it out, i got a 3G 16GB on 3.0 on t-mobile i cannot get the GPS to work with any GPS app i havent tried a restore yet but i tried GPS Lite and it never picks up a signal i also tried GPS kit and that never gets a signal, Diagnostic padd shows information but im not sure if thats network triangulation or GPS Data. i also tried this while i was driving up north, i tried standing still i tried wifi no wifi. i also tried resetting the location warnings Anyone have any tips or anything. Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    i searched for this on the forums but couldnt figure it out, i got a 3G 16GB on 3.0 on t-mobile i cannot get the GPS to work with any GPS app i havent tried a restore yet but i tried GPS Lite and it never picks up a signal i also tried GPS kit and that never gets a signal, Diagnostic padd shows information but im not sure if thats network triangulation or GPS Data. i also tried this while i was driving up north, i tried standing still i tried wifi no wifi. i also tried resetting the location warnings Anyone have any tips or anything. Thanks guys!!
    The GPS, at least in my case, seems to be pretty damn iffy. But one thing that always gets it to work (and make sure you are outside with a clear view of the sky) is to go to Settings > General > Reset and reset the network settings and have the phone reboot. Then try Maps > My Location again and see if your GPS catches on then.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Tried that, I also installed xGPS and when i hit reset it shows a speed for a second then quits but its not like a speed that im moving at once i was doing like 12 and it said 32 so i dont know whats wrong, ive tried restoring and using a ATT Sim but it has no effect