Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Internet Problem http://wipcore.t-mobile.com Possible Solution!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    mine also stopped working today, i have the $25 a month plan, and it's always worked fine until about 1pm today, in phoenix, arizona... i have always used wap.voicestream.com... when it stopped working i switched to internet2.voicestream.com then it worked for 5 mins then started doing the same thing. anyone else there experiencing the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HDoan112 View Post
    mine also stopped working today, i have the $25 a month plan, and it's always worked fine until about 1pm today, in phoenix, arizona... i have always used wap.voicestream.com... when it stopped working i switched to internet2.voicestream.com then it worked for 5 mins then started doing the same thing. anyone else there experiencing the same problem?
    Yeah but with web2go. If you're also getting the problem that means it's not the plan but the network..

Lovely

Not

Thanks

does anyone have a landline the rep just told me to call in and talk to the blackberry support group they can help troubleshoot the problem
    but she did not try to sell me an upgraded plan (my landline battery has been dead for about 6 months since we don't actually use it but it's free
    with our cable bundle)
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Green Apple
    Thanks
    mine started working again when i left work at about 6pm... so i guess they fixed it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just bought the tmobile iPhone plan. It's like $24.95 blah!

Default conflicting service 9.99 web2go with blackberry feature enabler
    Here is the update guys. I was at work and didnt had a back up phone so couldnt call tmobile.
    I came home and changed the sim from my iphone to nokia 6300 and called after 4 hours, just 5 minutes ago.
    The person said that since I have "Blackberry feature enabler" on my account its causing the conflict for the internet not to work. He sent some settings to my nokia 6300 and then turned off the phone. You know the regular troubleshooting stuff. So he told me to go and check the internet again and it didnt worked. But this time rather than giving the "wipcore" message it gave me the subscription upgrade message. He told me that if I remove the "blackberry feature enabler" feature then the internet will work fine. He explained that when we type a webaddress the phone looks for the kind of internet plan with tmobile and then in the account it sees that this account has blackberry feature enabler and it conflicts and doesnt even look for the 9.99 plan from the account or tmobile servers. He insisted that if i remove the blackberry feature enabler the data will work fine.
    So what my question is that whatever he is saying is true or shall I wait for few more days and lets see if this is outage.

Please use your knowledge and not guesses just to raise your post count

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

same problem in seattle allday internet2.voicestream.com not working.

Yeah I ran into the same problem today also...Idk if the network is down or what but it sure is annoying as hell, especially if im paying my good money for a service that they arent giving me.

But ive tried all the APN's with no luck and i dont have a backup Nokia or anything to call t-mobile with and give them the IMEI so i cant call... Hopefully this will be fixed soon... we can only hope because i dont wanna put 35 bucks for an upgraded plan...thats 15 bucks more

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey everyone.

Just wait it out. Last time they told me it was a global outage and they're reworking their systems. My internet worked fine (great, even) less than a day later. If it bothers you enough just call and complain that it's not working on your phone (never mention you're using an iPhone). They'll ask you to wait 24-48 hours. With TMobile expanding into the 3g realm they're doing a lot of revamp with their network. Expect "outages" but they should really only last 24-48 hours. If more, just call and complain and ask for a prorate payment or even a month of EDGE free. Even more upset or more inconvenienced?- ask for a reduction on your bill overall. If you're that dissatisfied, you're only other option is to switch to ATT.

Now to address the internet and iPhone issue:
    I called from a Tmobile iPhone before (even to sign up for unlimited web!) and although everyone says they know you're on the iphone, they've never confronted me about it. It's not good customer service. If they ever do call you out, just ask to speak to a manager and complain. Even threaten to cancel if you want. It's generally rude to tell someone "I know you're lying; you're using an iPhone and now I'm going to strong arm you into paying $25/mo when the $10/mo service works fine" If that's the case, why not just go to ATT for 3G service for $30/mo? TMobile should make it up to you. Since Tmobile doesn't have a specific iPhone plan, they can't enforce anyone to use any specific plan. They know this, so their best power play to say that the "smartphone data plan" is "most compatible" with the iPhone- which is $25/mo. Just call and say you want unlimited web2go for $9.99/mo for your Shadow, Nokia, Samsung, whatever and that should be the end of it. The most work required is giving an IMEI (which I had to do- Shadow IMEI) but I found one via google and now i'm set to go! One phone call, no problems. Business deals are like poker games, know when to bluff, raise, call and fold. You're not playing the numbers, you're playing the person on the other end of the line.

That's my spiel.

EDIT: P.S. my internet isn't working either. Using internet2 APN with web2go unlimited. Hasn't worked for most of today (8/25) but if it's not back by tomorrow or Thursday I'll probably call in to complain. Otherwise just let it figure itself out. No one should be paying more than $9.99/mo for EDGE with an iPhone on TMobile. If you are paying more, read all over the forums (or even in this post) on how to get the unlimited web2go plan. Outages are generic and from what I understand when ATT first kicked up their 3g system last year it was spotty as well. Don't stress it. Just wait it out and realize that you're cheating the system (using an iPhone on Tmobile), paying MUCH less ($10/mo for EDGE vs ATT $20/mo) and flat out lying to customer service when you sign up for web2go-- it won't be perfect all the time. At ATT you're paying for the "hassle-free" 3g network and no jailbreak req'd. With Tmobile, you're paying less but it does require various amounts of effort/patience. Weigh the benefits and costs for yourselves.
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2009-08-26 at 08:30 AM.

I agree with raginasian never mention that you are using iPhone. TMobile do not have iPhone so they can not say iPhone data plan they will always say smartphone data plan. Eg for g1 or g2 or my touch they say android data plan not the smartphone data plan. So just wait and relax. I hope and believe its an outage and it will come up.
    Its just TMobile is going greedy. Its like either you pay 25 for iphone or we will not let you use 9.99 service even though you are paying for it. We will block you. Its bullish!

I guess I will not remove the blackberry voice enabler and wait and see if this outage (supposed to be) comes up again.

As I mentioned in the other post I don't believe this is a "Global outage"
    read this...

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/68...ml#post4923692

Default THis is why we are not getting the service
    Please read this article

Rootsecure.net | Paris Hilton's phonebook hacked, posted online (+ how it could have been done)

Now can anyone advice any workaround for this problem. Now I have confirmed that TMobile has blocked the service itself. But we need to somehow convince tmobile as we are not scammer like in the post and we need to get the service back.

As I am writing this I am on phone with the rep who just told me that I was using the iPhone until 24 and maybe this is the reason the internet was stopped. She didnt confront that this is the only reason why internet was stopped and I believe she will never say it too BUT ITS CONFirmed that they can track. She said in their system its showing the iPhone imei.
    I didnt admit that I was using iPhone and never will. I am always using Nokia. If they are proud of their system I am proud of my lies. lolzzz

I am on hold to talk to tech dept. So lets see what they say.

Ok I am off the phone now. The tech dept guy said that they upgraded the system and the new system is able to get the imei of the phone. Once it gets the imei it checks in its database that if its a tmobile phone and if its a tmobile phone it checks what phone is it and then if there is right plan configured for this model of the phone or not. If it is then the internet will work and if not then the internet will not work. NOW if the system checks that if its a non tmobile phone then the system will check the account and if the account has the 24.99 plan then it will allow the access to the internet and if its any plan less than 24.99 (like we all were using for 9.99) then the system will not allow the internet access. He said that this policy was made effective but not enforced until yesterday because they didnt had a good system to track the imei's and now since they can track the imeis they started enforcing this policy heavily. He said its not just me its a lot of people who are having this problem. He did mentioned me that I am using the iPhone and in their system they still dont see Nokia as of we are talking (even though I changed the SIM to Nokia) and he also tried me to upgrade the plan. its so wicked when they say "it will be only $15 more/month" u sonofagun $15 is "only", $15 is a lot why dont you pay for me. Anyway! So I said that I am using a Nokia 6300 and in TMobile its called 6301 its the same phone but mine is just a european version. He said since this phone doesnt have the TMobile logo and its not a TMobile phone I will have to pay 24.99 for the internet to use BUT if I use the 6301 which has TMobile on it I will pay only 9.99. What a craaaaaaapppp is it. TMOBILE HAS JUST GONE GREEDY. They are loosing me as customer for sure. 6 years of loyalty gone in seconds!
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 2009-08-26 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hapishyguy For This Useful Post:

chessyang (2009-08-26)

Thanks

The thing that really gets me here as I have previosly mentioned is that I made perfectly clear that I would be using an iPhone when I dropped my Blackberry and the REP actually said oh yeah then this is the perfect plan for you. They seem to no longer care about rewarding Customer Loyalty and switching to AT&T which really does have more coverage in the areas I travel to and is waaaay more expensive is not a viable option the damn I pay $130.00 a month for two lines with unlimited everything no one can touch that plan pricepoint this is beyond annoying the shite out of me.
    Plus as I've said before the real thing confusing me here is that the smartphone plan is for TMOBILE SMARTPHONES i'm not getting this wouldn't the shadow plan work
    Hap hows that goin for ya
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-26 at 06:41 PM.

MREY
    Whatever I posted above is all the talk with the customer loyalty department. I think there is no loyalty and the customer rep wasnt even nice also. Anyway but back to the point there is no loyalty anymore in TMobile. Thats exactly what I told the rep name Jason, I told him that I told at the time of getting the 9.99 plan that this plan will work for you. He said he is sorry but at the time of adding the service the rep might have done a mistake but since the policies have changed there is nothing he can do. SONOF GUN, TMOBILE is just trying to be bullish now. thats it!

Forgot to mention. I told him that according to the clause 5 in terms and conditions tmobile is supposed to give a notice of 30 days for any change and he said that this clause is only for the voice plan but not for the add on features and data plan is a add on feature. another bullsOIIIO
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 2009-08-26 at 06:57 PM. Reason: add more info

Thanks

Really funny add on for you folks but just got off the phone with tmo and I seem to have qualified for a few other loyalty/ grandfathered plan discounts which made for a net gain of only $20 to my entire bill this was entirely worthwhile for me overall beacuse it still keeps my service priced well below what other carriers would be charging but I would recomennd calling into customer retention asking for a supervisor and go from there into quite frankly what can be done for me.

I have also drafted a letter which my attorney is reviewing because the first rep actually said "Well we knew it was a glitch and it shouldn't have been working" I said So when I called in on June 26 and spoke with Felicia your Rep and made clear that I would be using the iPhone and she said oh well then Sir the 9.99 web 2 go plan is the way to go for you as many of our customers who call in and are wanting to use the iPhone find that this is the most cost effective way to accomplish that she was actually selling me a service that she knew wouldn't be working once the nationwide 3G upgrade went into effect"
    Rep " Yes sir, y'know that's like I have comcast and when I moved into my place I ad asports package that shouldn't have been working but they said we don't know why it's working but it is then they fixed the problem and it stopped working"
    MREY " Are you kiddig me there is absolutely no way that you can compare a contracted service agreement with cable service you can cancel at anytime furthermore the cable agreement says they will raise prices at anytime as needed but you will be notified of changes to the service beforehand, at no time would anyone actually agree to pay for a service that only worked due to a glitch and would be corrected at any moment resulting in an over 100% price increase, and it's unethical and illegal to represent a service you know to be faulty as a solution, put your supervisor on"
    The story quickly changed and suddenlythere were discounts to be had and no need to change my contract terms though I will still be in contact with my states attorney general the a few other regulatory bodies.
    I deal with contracts on a daily basis as a Partner in a Financial Planning Firm and due to my license requirements have an extensive background in the rules of conduct. It also helps to have few people in contact with our senator who is one of the two pushing to end these exclusivity deals I urge you all to take a moment and notify your attorney general or let's at least get together somewhere to form a petition to address this egregious change in services without notification and outright FRAUD at recommending a service they KNEW would FAIL not tellng them you have an iPhone is pointless as it doesn't help your argument.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by MREY; 2009-08-26 at 07:39 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

chessyang (2009-08-26)

Default RE:
    If this "outage" isn't temporary, my girlfriend and I are going to get rid of our 100.00/month plan and go straight to AT&T. I have been satisfied with T-Mobile's customer service and pricing, but if they're going to penny pinch on a messily 1MB or so usage a month at 10 dollars per phone, then I will go elsewhere.

I will wait another day to see if something miraculously changes.
    Last edited by Joshie Poo; 2009-08-26 at 09:22 PM.

so wait, people are complaining because they didnt want to pay for a plan from AT&T for the iPhone that never was a cheap phone and went to to T-Mobile for the cheap plan even tho the iPhone is a AT&T phone and for as long as they could hogged up all the bandwidth from a cheap price until T-Mobile did something about it and now they wanna go back to AT&T.

I guess, makes perfect sense.

It's really about finding the best deal. If T-Mobile offers a 9.99 unlimited data plan to you, then they should honor it. When I originally signed up for a data plan last August when I got my 2G iPhone, the woman who signed me up for it offered the plan to me. If I am offered a plan and have been paying it for over a year now, it should continue to be honored as I've been a customer of T-Mobile's for over four years now. It's irritating that they would want to "pull the plug" after all this time. They've known I've had an iPhone every time I've called in, didn't complain about it but simply told me that they couldn't offer me support, which is completely understandable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVee3 View Post
    so wait, people are complaining because they didnt want to pay for a plan from AT&T for the iPhone that never was a cheap phone and went to to T-Mobile for the cheap plan even tho the iPhone is a AT&T phone and for as long as they could hogged up all the bandwidth from a cheap price until T-Mobile did something about it and now they wanna go back to AT&T.

The iPhone is an APPLE product currently under contract to at&t a service that doesn't work well everywhere. so YES when I am told that a service will work and is cheaper why wouldn't I go for it the sarcasm is completely pointless you mean to tell us that if you could pay less for service you would opt to pay more for the same service with no difference in performance Puhleassse

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVee3 View Post

Eh, who said the cost was the only problem with AT&T?

Lovely

Not

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-08-27)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast