Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS and internet with Unlimited Internet and Text

Default MMS and internet with Unlimited Internet and Text
    Hello All. I've sucesfully got MMS and internet working on my iphone (3.0 with Tzones and 400Messages) using wap.voicestream.com for internet and MMS APN (using the following settings).

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    [~]
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

I just got a second iphone and added a line to my account and painfully convinced t-mobile to let us sign up for a Unlimited Internet and Text for $20, on the new phone. It appears to be working great, except I can't use wap.voicestream.com for any Internet besides web. (email and maps do not work). If I use wap.voicestream I can do MMS too, but as soon as I changed the internet APN to internet2 (to get fully functioning internet) I either lose the MMS APN (as soon as I leave the screen) or if I set it to internet2.voicestream.com, MMS does not work.

Is there a way to fix it? Is this particular problem with two different APN's an iphone only problem? Please help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to linear For This Useful Post:

loveyuuh (2009-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by linear View Post
    Hello All. I've sucesfully got MMS and internet working on my iphone (3.0 with Tzones and 400Messages) using wap.voicestream.com for internet and MMS APN (using the following settings).

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    [~]
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

I just got a second iphone and added a line to my account and painfully convinced t-mobile to let us sign up for a Unlimited Internet and Text for $20, on the new phone. It appears to be working great, except I can't use wap.voicestream.com for any Internet besides web. (email and maps do not work). If I use wap.voicestream I can do MMS too, but as soon as I changed the internet APN to internet2 (to get fully functioning internet) I either lose the MMS APN (as soon as I leave the screen) or if I set it to internet2.voicestream.com, MMS does not work.

Is there a way to fix it? Is this particular problem with two different APN's an iphone only problem? Please help.
    I have unlimited net and text (but not for $20 you lucky ...) I'm using epc.tmobile.com for my APN on both. I have fully functional web, maps, mms.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to falconeyez For This Useful Post:

loveyuuh (2009-07-14)