Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS 2G MMS + epc.tmobile.com - How to make it work?

ironicirony
    About getting better Quality MMS

I am using a custom logo and I do not want to lose it.

So, I wanna take the SSH route...
    But, when I opened the "carier.plist" on /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle, I was not able to locate the MMS line stated in the first link you provided...

Can you give me a step-by-step on how to get better quality MMS without having to install any bundles that would change my logo?
    Housekeepin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    ironicirony
    About getting better Quality MMS

I am using a custom logo and I do not want to lose it.

So, I wanna take the SSH route...
    But, when I opened the "carier.plist" on /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle, I was not able to locate the MMS line stated in the first link you provided...

Can you give me a step-by-step on how to get better quality MMS without having to install any bundles that would change my logo?
    Okay... predictably, there is no MMS section in the Unknown.bundle/carier.plist.

At the end of the file right before...

Code:
    </dict>
    </plist>
    You could try adding...

Code:
    	<key>MMS</key>
    	<dict>
    		<key>UAProf</key>
    		<string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    		<key>UserAgent</key>
    		<string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
            </dict>
    That might break your ability to edit your MMSC, not really sure... if it does you could try adding...

Code:
    	<key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    	<true/>
    At the beginning of the file right below...

Code:
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    Last edited by ironicirony; 2009-07-02 at 06:28 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

Oliver350Z (2009-07-02)

You are the man ironicirony!!!

(No irony on that lol)
    Housekeepin'?

Green Apple
    Thanks

oliver so if i follow what was suggested by changing the code inside bundles it will clear up the picture quality? did you notice anything different in phone signal or anything like that? also did you install a custom carrier bundle?
    Last edited by smokeyismyg; 2009-07-03 at 06:22 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyismyg View Post
    oliver so if i follow what was suggested by changing the code inside bundles it will clear up the picture quality? did you notice anything different in phone signal or anything like that? also did you install a custom carrier bundle?
    Yes... that's it!

1) All I did was to insert the MMS Code he provided on the "carrier.plist" and the quality of the pictures are perfect now.

2) I did not notice anything different in phone signal or battery drain by inserting that code. HOWEVER, ever since I installed MMS on my phone I suspect that my battery is draining quicker. Last night I did a fresh reboot and went to sleep with 55%... I woke up with 43%... I mean, 12% in +-8hrs stand by? Definetly something is wrong. I am doing some tests this morning, let's see.

3) I did not install any custom carrier bundle.
    Housekeepin'?

Hey guys I have entered everything you guys said down to the last period and my mms still won't send keeps giving me a (!). Any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes oliver i noticed significant battery drain. it is really bad meaning charged it to 100%...left it on standby for a day and didn't use my phone at all and now down to 20%. i don't think this mms is worth it. i am turning it off in messages to see if that helps or i might just uninstall it but thanks for telling me how to clear up the pictures!

I used these settings and I can send out mms but can't receive mms messages. Also it appears when someone sends mms, I get voicemail prompt and the phone volume goes dead i.e. I can't hear anyone on the line but they can hear me. However no pics are received. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

WORKING!!!

He mistyped on the APN Settings...
    People with T-Zones, try this Settings...
    It should work!

Cellular Data

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    USERNAME: (leave blank)
    PASSWORD: (leave blank)

MMS

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: (leave blank)
    MMS UA PROF URL: (leave blank)

(Also, feel free to ask me any questions)

EDIT (REPLY TO IRONICNY): I finally got EPC to work with MMS, see settings above.

Steps I took:

1) Made sure I did not have "AsBattery" installed.
    2) Installed "ActivateMMS2G"
    3) Reboot Device.
    4) Setup up MMS on Cellular Data Network (with the information above)
    5) Reboot Device.
    6) Made sure Message Settings had MMS turned on
    7) Tested Sending MMS = OK / Tested Receiving MMS = OK

If anyone needs it, I have a custom IPCC file for the settings of using EPC for Net and WAP for MMS. My pic resolution also comes out perfect.

Thanks

WORKING!!!

He mistyped on the APN Settings...
    People with T-Zones, try this Settings...
    It should work!

Cellular Data

MMS

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: (leave blank)
    MMS UA PROF URL: (leave blank)

(Also, feel free to ask me any questions)

EDIT (REPLY TO IRONICNY): I finally got EPC to work with MMS, see settings above.

Steps I took:

1) Made sure I did not have "AsBattery" installed.
    2) Installed "ActivateMMS2G"
    3) Reboot Device.
    4) Setup up MMS on Cellular Data Network (with the information above)
    5) Reboot Device.
    6) Made sure Message Settings had MMS turned on
    7) Tested Sending MMS = OK / Tested Receiving MMS = OK
    Working like a champ. Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

does anyone know if they fixed the battery issue?

worked great for me!!!
    sending pic size is lame tho

Honestly I have never had problem with battery issue on 2 different 2G's, 3.0 or 3.1.2 . They are saying it may be phone specific in some of the articles I have read. Its going to use some battery because it is always checking to see if there is a MMS, that the "push" part of it.

My pics look great but I used "MMS Max Message Size 2400000".

Honestly never really had issues with pic clarity after SpookyET tweaked things on 3.0

This is my plist

<key>MMS</key>
    <dict>
    <key>GroupModeEnabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>MMSC</key>
    <string>http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms</string>
    <key>MaxMessageSize</key>
    <integer>2400000</integer>
    <key>MaxRecipients</key>
    <integer>10</integer>
    <key>MaxVideoBitrate</key>
    <integer>131072</integer>
    <key>Proxy</key>
    <string>216.155.165.50:8080</string>
    <key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.2</string>
    </dict>
    <key>MyAccountURL</key>
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-12-04 at 11:04 AM.

I have the T-Mobile "Unlimited Web for Phones" data plan for $9.99 a month (I tried to get TZones but it's grandfathered now). I know my settings work with internet2.voicestream.com as my data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN but as the original poster said, it won't let you have two different APNs so I am stuck with either having data OR MMS, but not both. The details contained in this thread (epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS APNs) do not work for the Unlimited Web plan. I'm running 3.0.1 on my 2G iPhone. What can I do so that I can use both?
    Last edited by icemule1; 2010-01-19 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icemule1 View Post
    I have the T-Mobile "Unlimited Web for Phones" data plan for $9.99 a month (I tried to get TZones but it's grandfathered now). I know my settings work with internet2.voicestream.com as my data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN but as the original poster said, it won't let you have two different APNs so I am stuck with either having data OR MMS, but not both. The details contained in this thread (epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS APNs) do not work for the Unlimited Web plan. I'm running 3.0.1 on my 2G iPhone. What can I do so that I can use both?

Hi guys, long time lurker but avid follower. I am astounded by the sheer mass of information you guys have gathered on this forum!

I recently purchased a used 2g and have spent the last month reading and reading and reading on how to get various settings and things setup for Tmobile. Unfortunately I find myself often reading outdated information. I am pretty much in the same situation as the quoted poster above.

I signed up for the "unlmited data" plan for the tmobile shadow (btw, what carrier bundle does this exactly place me in?). For the first week or two I had my phone on fw3.0 and actually had mms and internet working off wap.voicestream.com

Unfortunately, as of updating to 3.1.2 those settings do not work. And downgrading to 3.0 didn't solve the problem either.
    So now, I'm back to 3.1.2

As stated from the previous poster, internet2.voicestream.com will get me connected to tmobile internet, but will not let me send mms (maybe I used the wrong carrier info?) But, switching to wap.voicestream.com will let me send and receive mms, but then no internet.

What work around am I looking for?

I apologize for the long winded post, but any information would be helpful. Thank you peoples of modmyi. *fingers crossed*

btw for reference I'm running a 2g on 3.1.2 with tmobile family plan, with unlimited text and pic message, with tmobile shadow unlimited data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by nyquil07 View Post
    Hi guys, long time lurker but avid follower. I am astounded by the sheer mass of information you guys have gathered on this forum!

I recently purchased a used 2g and have spent the last month reading and reading and reading on how to get various settings and things setup for Tmobile. Unfortunately I find myself often reading outdated information. I am pretty much in the same situation as the quoted poster above.

I signed up for the "unlmited data" plan for the tmobile shadow (btw, what carrier bundle does this exactly place me in?). For the first week or two I had my phone on fw3.0 and actually had mms and internet working off wap.voicestream.com

Unfortunately, as of updating to 3.1.2 those settings do not work. And downgrading to 3.0 didn't solve the problem either.
    So now, I'm back to 3.1.2

As stated from the previous poster, internet2.voicestream.com will get me connected to tmobile internet, but will not let me send mms (maybe I used the wrong carrier info?) But, switching to wap.voicestream.com will let me send and receive mms, but then no internet.

What work around am I looking for?

I apologize for the long winded post, but any information would be helpful. Thank you peoples of modmyi. *fingers crossed*

btw for reference I'm running a 2g on 3.1.2 with tmobile family plan, with unlimited text and pic message, with tmobile shadow unlimited data plan.
    I think I can answer my own question as well as yours. If you go to this thread, you can find out how to install something that will allow you to use different APN settings for your MMS and Internet. It worked for me. The package you are looking for is the T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy package. Send me a private message or post on that thread if you have questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12