Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accelerometer gets "stuck"

Default Accelerometer gets "stuck"
    I have an issue with my iPhone that my accelerometer gets stuck in a way. Sometimes it just refuses to rotate the screen unless I hit the back of the phone, and lately it has been happening more often. Can I get my phone replaced for this reason? Also, I don't have an AT&T contract, my phone is unlocked on Tmobile, it still has warranty, so how can I bring it in to Apple to get it replaced? Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a thought, but maybe it's designed to do that?
    I've had an issue (maybe this is how it was supposed to be) that after a couple of minutes of using the messaging application, it gets "stuck" in a certain rotation mode and wont change to the way I'm holding it until I restart the messages application.
    I'll see if maybe shaking the iPhone or lightly hitting it while it's "stuck" will do anything. If it does, then it was supposed to do that. I'll let ya know.

edit: nope, it seems to just lock in a certain orientation for me after a while.
    Try downloading an accelerometer graph application to watch the accelerometer in action and determine if it actually is defective / broken
    Last edited by BoneCrif; 2009-07-01 at 05:41 AM.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit