Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New $5 Increase for Unlocked Phones!

Default New $5 Increase for Unlocked Phones!
    Got some really bad news today and want to vent! I have been subscribed paying $19.95 for T-Mo's "Total Internet Add-on" but today they cut me off saying that I am on a superseded plan, have been "grandfathered" for the maximum amount of time, and now need to upgrade to their "Smart Phone Plan" which means I need to pay $5 per month (that is, $24.95) just to keep a crappy Edge connection!

Now's maybe the time to bite the bullet and move over to AT&T !

Quote Originally Posted by itaxcpa View Post
    Got some really bad news today and want to vent! I have been subscribed paying $19.95 for T-Mo's "Total Internet Add-on" but today they cut me off saying that I am on a superseded plan, have been "grandfathered" for the maximum amount of time, and now need to upgrade to their "Smart Phone Plan" which means I need to pay $5 per month (that is, $24.95) just to keep a crappy Edge connection!

Now's maybe the time to bite the bullet and move over to AT&T !
    I was told this recently as well, but they havent done anything yet. If i understand correctly tho the $35 includes free messaging as well. So the old plan was $20 for data plus $15 for unlmt messaging. Now its just bundled together, no big deal. Correct me if Im wrong.

I am curious tho, did they call you or did your data just stop working?
    Last edited by justinclark; 2009-06-30 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Play smart. Get yourself old t-mobile phone that can use T-ZONES, and at least go to Google. Tell them i want $9.99 plan, and make sure you have tmobile phone when you call them in case they verify the phone EMEI. Once they verify, tell them i want now that plan it comes with 200 messages. Instead of txting though regular txting install TEXTFREE UNLIMITED from APP STORE on installious. it workds with 9.99 plan. txt your friends for free using their data plan when you arent around wifi. when you are around wifi it will use existing wifi. no charge to you. go around thing man =) they cant prove your using iphone. if they say sumting just them how do u know what am using, if they say sumtin just swtich ur sim to tmobile phone keep playing games with them when they bust your balls. Make sure you have tmobile phone with you when you call and ask foir 9.99 plan tell them i want it, dont mention u had iphone. keep quiet if they dont ask anything dont say anything. if they ask u if u had one deny it. u never speak to the same customer agent anyway. Good luck

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if youve been grandfathered in they cannot change it, i just talked to a tmobile rep about this recently because it happened to someone else i know

Thanks

whats grandfathered in?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

It means you had this program before and your still able to use it.

Thanks

I have the $19.99 plan and I have not got any error messages. Is this happening to anyone else on web2go?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

am using $9.99 plan i have no problems. i guess for every person is different.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    whats grandfathered in?

It means that the subscription is no longer available and you had it before the service went away

Thanks

Got it. thanks =)

God I love my t-zones.

With these crazy wicked @$$ stories, I am just crossing my fingers every morning that I never get that "SUBSCRIPTION UPGRADE REQUIRED" notice.

Loving $5.99 T-Zones
    Housekeepin'?

Thanks

it's amazing we all do the same set up's but we all get different outcomes, one cant connect the other one blocked out, third......

My $2.99 data/text plan still in effect!

im still on the 5.99 plan the day they do this to me is the day ill be at an apple store buying a 3gs and switching to att

Thanks

5.99 Plan FTW!

My t-zones is 4.99. From back in the day, son!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    im still on the 5.99 plan the day they do this to me is the day ill be at an apple store buying a 3gs and switching to att
    same here i still paying 5.99 if they do that to me i switch to att