Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Yes I have ... and your decision is still wrong.

Have you ever called T-Mobile for support? They always verify network data settings ... or try to. But because you hide them, they will deny support and claim the iPhone is faulty.
    There is a bundle for each account type. Calling T-Mobile support is pointless. Either standard or legacy will work every time. A person doesn't have to try them all.

And ... technically .... you DO hide them ... because it's enable by default on all other carrier bundles.
    That's a load of bull. Cellular Data Network/Mobile Data Network is not enabled by default on ALL other carrier bundles. Hence why I don't hide it but just don't add the extract instructions to show it. There are 165 official carrier bundles in iOS 4.1 including CarrierLab and Unknown bundles. Do you know how many of them have said menu enabled? Just 27%.

The following carrier bundles have Cellular Data Network/Mobile Data Network menu enabled:
    CMCC_cn, CSL_hk, CarrierLab, Chunghwa_tw, EMT_ee, FarEasTone_tw, Globe_ph, Hutchison_hk, Hutchison_mo, LMT_lv, LuxGSM_lu, MTS_ru, MegaFon_ru, Mobistar_be, NetCom_no, O2_Prepaid_UK, O2_Tesco_UK, O2_UK, O2_cz, O2_ie, Omnitel_lt, Orange_ch, SFR_fr, SingTel_sg, Sonera_fi, TIM_Italy, TMobile_gr, TaiwanMobile_tw, Tele2_se, Telenor_dk, Telenor_no, Telenor_se, Telia_dk, Telia_se, Telkomsel_id, Turkcell_tr, Unknown, VimpelCom_ru, Vodafone_cz, Vodafone_gr, Vodafone_nz, Vodafone_tr, Vodafone_uk, Vodafone_za, mobily_sa, movistar_ve

The following carrier bundles DO NOT have Cellular Data Network/Mobile Data Network menu enabled:
    ATT_US, Bell_ca, BhartiAirtel_in, Bouygues_fr, Cellcom_il, Claro_ar, Claro_br, Claro_cl, Claro_do, Claro_gt, Claro_hn, Claro_jm, Claro_ni, Claro_pe, Claro_py, Claro_sv, Claro_uy, Comcel_co, DiGi_my, EntelPCS_cl, Etisalat_ae, Fido_ca, GTA_gu, Hutchison_au, Hutchison_dk, Hutchison_ie, Hutchison_it, Hutchison_se, Hutchison_uk, KTF_kr, Maxis_my, MobileOne_sg, Oi_BrT_br, Oi_br, One_at, Optimus_pt, Optus_au, Orange_France, Orange_am, Orange_bw, Orange_cf, Orange_ci, Orange_cm, Orange_do, Orange_es, Orange_gn, Orange_il, Orange_jo, Orange_ke, Orange_li, Orange_md, Orange_mg, Orange_ml, Orange_mq, Orange_mu, Orange_ne, Orange_nl, Orange_pl, Orange_re, Orange_ro, Orange_sk, Orange_sn, Orange_ug, Orange_uk, Pelephone_il, Personal_ar, Porta_ec, Rogers_ca, SmarTone_hk, Softbank_jp, StarHub_sg, Sunrise_ch, Swisscom_ch, TIM_br, TMobile_Germany, TMobile_at, TMobile_bg, TMobile_cz, TMobile_hr, TMobile_hu, TMobile_me, TMobile_mk, TMobile_nl, TMobile_pl, TMobile_sk, TMobile_uk, Tango_lu, Telcel_mx, Telefonica_es, Telstra_au, Telus_ca, True_th, Unicom_cn, VOX_lu, Viettel_vn, VinaPhone_vn, Vodafone_au, Vodafone_eg, Vodafone_es, Vodafone_ie, Vodafone_in, Vodafone_it, Vodafone_mt, Vodafone_pt, Vodafone_qa, dtac_th, du_ae, mobinil_eg, movistar_ar, movistar_cl, movistar_co, movistar_ec, movistar_gt, movistar_ni, movistar_pa, movistar_pe, movistar_sv, movistar_uy, vivo_br

My decision stands. I am not having this conversation with you again.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-11-07 at 06:41 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Fine. So I didn't check ALL the bundles. Your decision is still wrong -- and you know it. I'm so happy you've decided to assist T-Mobile support.

We all know the only reason you hide it. To prevent people from copying the settings and keep 'em Donating. While I encourage donations, your methods violate your own "Keep it Default" standards and reap of highly restrictive Apple policies.

Due to the tone of your reply ... I will let the readers know.

For those who want the 'Cellular Data Network' tab returned and be able to change APN and MMS settings --- it's very very easy to do (just search). A couple Cydia packages and many threads expose this tweak. And .... here a key. At the top of carrier.plist for "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle" add:

Code:
        <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
        <true/>
    So you won't discuss this again? Haha like I really care.

iPhone Model: 4
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - STANDARD
    Voice Plan: FAMILY PLAN UNLIMITED
    Data Plan: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Web
    SMS: UNLIMITED TEXT
    Time with T-Mobile: MANY YEARS MAYBE LIKE 5
    Last Plan Change: LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO
    Problem: WANT TO GO FROM SMARTPHONE PLAN TO PAY AS YOU $10 PLAN.

oh **** so ive been payin $30 all this time for nothing!!?? smh...

for this step here

"Yep! I can confirm that this works. I have an old Samsung flip phone and with it I signed up for the $10/month unlimited data plan. I then switched my SIM over to my iPhone, installed the appropriate carrier bundle, and I was good to go!"

what happens if i have an iphone 4 and my micro sim card doesnt fit into my alternative phone?
    by the way i have a nokia 1661 pre paid phone as an alternative phone can i set up the $10/a month unlimited data plan pay as you go with this? then i would just have to add unlimited text messaging and im good?

can i set all of this up online when i sign into my tmobile account by any chance?

(i posted this in another thread but i see that this thread is the more responsive and real thread.. im trying to get full instructions on this asap so that i can make the switch from smarthphone plan to $10 pay as u go asap)
    Last edited by sixbuilding; 2010-11-07 at 07:53 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Spookeys may be a dork, but his T-MOb works. Give him a donation -- he worked for it and deserves it.

i dont mind giving a donation after it works because then i would have saved alot of money in the coming months years and future. its only right. i just want to make sure that its stable, and i can still do everything normally as if i had a smartphone plan with unlimited texting. and if i have to redue this process everytime i upgrade firmwares. if so its cool but thats a pain in the ***. hopefully it still works. which from what i see from the longevity of this thread it should as long as you never call tmobile from your iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by sixbuilding View Post
    iPhone Model: 4
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - STANDARD
    Voice Plan: FAMILY PLAN UNLIMITED
    Data Plan: T-Mobile G1 Unlimited Web
    SMS: UNLIMITED TEXT
    Time with T-Mobile: MANY YEARS MAYBE LIKE 5
    Last Plan Change: LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO
    Problem: WANT TO GO FROM SMARTPHONE PLAN TO PAY AS YOU $10 PLAN.

oh **** so ive been payin $30 all this time for nothing!!?? smh...

for this step here

"Yep! I can confirm that this works. I have an old Samsung flip phone and with it I signed up for the $10/month unlimited data plan. I then switched my SIM over to my iPhone, installed the appropriate carrier bundle, and I was good to go!"

what happens if i have an iphone 4 and my micro sim card doesnt fit into my alternative phone?
    by the way i have a nokia 1661 pre paid phone as an alternative phone can i set up the $10/a month unlimited data plan pay as you go with this? then i would just have to add unlimited text messaging and im good?

can i set all of this up online when i sign into my tmobile account by any chance?

(i posted this in another thread but i see that this thread is the more responsive and real thread.. im trying to get full instructions on this asap so that i can make the switch from smarthphone plan to $10 pay as u go asap)

Fine. So I didn't check ALL the bundles. Your decision is still wrong -- and you know it. I'm so happy you've decided to assist T-Mobile support.

We all know the only reason you hide it. To prevent people from copying the settings and keep 'em Donating. While I encourage donations, your methods violate your own "Keep it Default" standards and reap of highly restrictive Apple policies.

Due to the tone of your reply ... I will let the readers know.

For those who want the 'Cellular Data Network' tab returned and be able to change APN and MMS settings --- it's very very easy to do (just search). A couple Cydia packages and many threads expose this tweak. And .... here a key. At the top of carrier.plist for "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle" add:

Code:
        <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
        <true/>
    So you won't discuss this again? Haha like I really care.
    You have been warned by moderators from pulling stunts like this, but you have a short memory. You love to start fights.

You are a child. In a year, you still haven't matured and behave like an a-hole as if you are owed something. I don't owe you anything. The 'settings' are not a state secret. They are available on the T-Mobile website as well as countless forums. The menu is disabled because people don't follow, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' and shoot themselves in the foot then whine at me asking why it doesn't work. The instructions to enable the menu are also not a secret. They have been posted many times by me and others. I just won't do it in the bundles. Those who love to tinker and have the technical ability can do it themselves.

Your allegation that I keep the settings hidden for people to donate is downright offensive to me and to those who have donated. The bundles have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times when they were in Cydia and a few thousands times while only in the IPCC form. In a year and a half, ONLY 33 people have donated mostly between $2 and $5, and a few have donated $10 to say, 'Thank you!' If I wanted to make money, I would have charged a fee per download with an app in the Cydia store. At $0.99, I could have been half a million dollars richer. I can't even buy a decent pair of sneakers with the money donated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Didn't you say this discussion was closed?
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-07 at 08:25 PM.

I tried reinstalling the package - and I think it worked because my cellular data settings are now gone, but unfortunately, still no internet .... any ideas?

and btw I am on the phone first data plan for non-smartphones from tmobile

any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    I tried reinstalling the package - and I think it worked because my cellular data settings are now gone, but unfortunately, still no internet .... any ideas?

and btw I am on the phone first data plan for non-smartphones from tmobile

any help would be greatly appreciated
    Which bundle did you install? Try legacy, t-zones, and standard. One of them has to work. Make sure you don't have Cydia crapware installed that may conflict with it.

i've tried the package on a newly restored phone with nothing on it.... and i did standard, and legacy, and tzones..... nothing yet.

are you sure that one of these will work with the specific plan I have?

i've tried the package on a newly restored phone with nothing on it.... and i did standard, and legacy, and tzones..... nothing yet.

are you sure that one of these will work with the specific plan I have?
    Which APN works for you in the prepaid phone?

what do you mean? i dont have a prepaid phone.... I have a post paid acct.

what do you mean? i dont have a prepaid phone.... I have a post paid acct.
    When you upgraded the account, which APN did T-Mobile told you to use? On My T-Mobile, can you verify that they actually did upgrade your account?

yeah, I've gone to "my account" from web2go from my phone and it said
    "preferred phone first unlimited web only"

any idea what the hell is going on?

they didnt give me a APN btw

yeah, I've gone to "my account" from web2go from my phone and it said
    "preferred phone first unlimited web only"

any idea what the hell is going on?

they didnt give me a APN btw
    That should be internet2.voicestream.com, which is the legacy bundle. Try resetting your network settings after installing the legacy bundle.

what I did is use a restored iphone 4 installed nothing in cydia, except ifile (so i could install the commcenter .deb file) then update the carrier bundle using ipcc file in itunes then resetting network settings.... reboot

still no internet

what I did is use a restored iphone 4 installed nothing in cydia, except ifile (so i could install the commcenter .deb file) then update the carrier bundle using ipcc file in itunes then resetting network settings.... reboot

still no internet
    Has the IPCC been accepted? Can you send/receive MMS? MMS uses the data connection. By no Internet, do you mean that the phone says that there is no data connection or that T-Mobile is redirecting you to a page to buy a package?

how can i tell if the ipcc has or hasnt been accepted?

how can i tell if the ipcc has or hasnt been accepted?
    'Cellular Data Network' or 'Mobile Data Network' menu is no longer visible in Settings > General > Network when the IPCC has been accepted.

IT WORKED!!!!!!! thanks to all the guys that contributed and helped

what worked for me:

1. restored to make sure no other packages i had installed had any conflicts with the above mentioned software

2.installed carrier reset fix from pushfix repo (cydia.pushfix.info)

3. IMPORTANT: After installing carrier reset fix from pushfix repo, MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE the SIM AND REINSERT

4. Confirm that the package worked by going to settings -> general -> about -> carrier should say tmobile 7.0. (prior to installing it will probably say unknown, if it already says T-mobile 7.0 then you're awesome)

5. Install Commcenter patch (i did it via ifile on my iphone, but i guess you can do it whatever way tickles your fancy)

6. Proceed to install the .ipcc via itunes by ittine shift+update and pointing the browser to the LEGACY BUNDLE

7. Sync

8. Reboot

(8.5. Pray)

9. fire up safari and try doing a google search, or browsing a website you havent been to before

10. Thank SpookyET for his hard work

Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast