Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    iPhone Model: 3GS
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard (what does this mean?)
    Voice Plan: Family Talk 1000
    Data Plan: Web2go
    SMS: unlimited
    Time with T-Mobile: 2 years
    Last Plan Change: 6 months
    Problem: on 4.0.1 I never got the "my t-mobile services" as shown on the picture.

I wanna upgrade to 4.1, but that would mean starting over right? My question is: will I still have everything once I set it up? (phone, SMS, mms,)

Finally, if you could summarize what I'd need to do in a short sentence. ei. Upgrade, pawnage tool, jailbreak, ultrasnow, carrier bundle.

Thank you Spooky your forum and assistance are greatly appreciated!
    Standard means the regular one, what most people should use. If you didn't get T-mobile services, you never installed the carrier bundle. You didn't install the patch and the bundle was rejected.

Your best bet is to 'upgrade' using PwnageTool since you do not want to upgrade the baseband. Then install the unlock and CommCenterNoSig patch. Reboot and install the 4.1 carrier bundle via iTunes. If you don't need Cydia crapware, use CreamSn0w. Watch the video. Read README.txt. Restore in DFU mode, and don't restore the iTunes backup. Set it up as a new phone.

Your welcome. Please donate.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-11-01 at 03:08 PM.

I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right...

The CommCenterNoSig (ccp4.1-4_wortel.deb) will work with iPhone 3g, v.3.1.3, Modem Firmware 05.12.01?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adrockn View Post
    I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right...

The CommCenterNoSig (ccp4.1-4_wortel.deb) will work with iPhone 3g, v.3.1.3, Modem Firmware 05.12.01?

Thank you.
    NO! It's for 4.1 only. Notice it in the package name.

That's what I thought. Is there a patch available/necessary for installing the T-Mobile carrier bundle on an iPhone 3g v.3.1.3?

I installed one of your carrier bundles on my wife's iPhone a while back that was available directly through Cydia. I cannot find it anymore. I'm trying to follow your directions from the first post, but I'm not sure if these apply to my iPhone.

Thank you.
    Last edited by adrockn; 2010-11-02 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrockn View Post
    That's what I thought. Is there a patch available/necessary for installing the T-Mobile carrier bundle on an iPhone 3g v.3.1.3?

I installed one of your carrier bundles on my wife's iPhone a while back that was available directly through Cydia. I cannot find it anymore. I'm trying to follow your directions from the first post, but I'm not sure if these apply to my iPhone.

Thank you.
    Same thing, you need an older version of the patch. It may have been called something else. I don't remember. You can still search Cydia for CommCenter. Maybe, it's still available.

There is a CommCenter patch 1.1-3 (also by wortel) in Cydia, but when I try to install it I get the error:

"NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

It also says it is for iPhone 3G/3GS/4 on FW 4.0.1 *ONLY*

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I skipped the CommCenter patch and followed the rest of you directions. I installed the "t-mobile_us_standard.ipcc" file from the "t-mobile_us_ios3.1_1.0.12.ipcc" folder and it seems to be working so far.

My carrier is now listed as T-Mobile 5.0.
    I see that the Carrier Settings are no longer available for editing on my iPhone.
    I now have the Date & Time "set automatically" toggle.

I haven't tried MMS or tethering yet, but so far this is already an improvement.

Thank you for you patience and guidance.
    Last edited by adrockn; 2010-11-02 at 02:04 AM.

MMS should work. Tethering will not work without a patched CommCenter.

When I try to search the thing in Command Prompt I get an error. Any help?

Smile Everything is working.

Everything works as advertised! MMS ,Tethering, etc..
    Well worth a donation.

iphone 3gs
    ios 4.1

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ocean223 View Post

Everything works as advertised! MMS ,Tethering, etc..
    Well worth a donation.

iphone 3gs
    ios 4.1

Many thanks!
    You're welcome. Yes, it is worth a donation.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

ocean223 (2010-11-06)

hey i would like to know if theres a commcenter patch for a 3gs on 4.0.2 as seeing the one in first post is for 4.1 if so where thanx

Quote Originally Posted by young e View Post
    hey i would like to know if theres a commcenter patch for a 3gs on 4.0.2 as seeing the one in first post is for 4.1 if so where thanx
    You'll have to upgrade to 4.1. Sorry.

Damn that sucks was one Eva made or is it pointless to search for one I have no need to update to 4.1 so I'm not gonna bother I only really wanted it for it to try out the tethering but it's fine Internet worked along with mms with a package from cydia o well thanx

4.0 is buggy and slow. Yes, there is a need to upgrade, but at this point, it's best to wait for 4.2 since it will soon be released.

iPhone Model: iPhone 4 on 4.0.1
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family plan Even more plus Unlimited Voice
    Data Plan: T-mobile Phone first data plan ($10) - for non-smartphones
    SMS: Unlimited family SMS
    Time with T-Mobile: 10-12ish years?
    Last Plan Change: 1 year ago
    Problem: So I just added a data plan for the first time to my acct, I've been reading conflicting reports on how to configure the phone first data plan to work on the iphone (tmobile said it wouldnt work). Initially, I had no data plan, and in cellular data settings, I had Wap.voicestream.com as the APN for cellular data, and MMS and everything was cool. I then added the above mentioned data package to my account's services. After adding that service, the first thing i tried is changing cellular data apn to "internet2.voicestream.com" and after a reboot gave it a go, and got nothing (web2go upgrade offer screen). Then, I tried the advice of the guy on this thread

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/727686-data-plan.html

(except having the tmobile shadow data plan, I have the phone first data plan)

1. I installed the commcenter package via repo.insanelyi.com (commcenter patch 4.0.1)
    2. Did a reboot
    3. did the whole command prompt deal to enable ipcc updates in itunes
    4. shift+update -> looked up the legacy .ipcc file and allowed itunes to process it and then synced it
    5. did a reboot
    6. went to settings>general>network> cellular data network tab and all the information is the same as before... is that normal, or should it be blank? should there be anything there at all? if so, what?

at this point, my data should theoretically work, right?

what am I doing wrong and what should i do differently

sorry for the long post

Thanks to anyone who can help

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    iPhone Model: iPhone 4 on 4.0.1
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family plan Even more plus Unlimited Voice
    Data Plan: T-mobile Phone first data plan ($10) - for non-smartphones
    SMS: Unlimited family SMS
    Time with T-Mobile: 10-12ish years?
    Last Plan Change: 1 year ago
    Problem: So I just added a data plan for the first time to my acct, I've been reading conflicting reports on how to configure the phone first data plan to work on the iphone (tmobile said it wouldnt work). Initially, I had no data plan, and in cellular data settings, I had Wap.voicestream.com as the APN for cellular data, and MMS and everything was cool. I then added the above mentioned data package to my account's services. After adding that service, the first thing i tried is changing cellular data apn to "internet2.voicestream.com" and after a reboot gave it a go, and got nothing (web2go upgrade offer screen). Then, I tried the advice of the guy on this thread

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/727686-data-plan.html

(except having the tmobile shadow data plan, I have the phone first data plan)

1. I installed the commcenter package via repo.insanelyi.com (commcenter patch 4.0.1)
    2. Did a reboot
    3. did the whole command prompt deal to enable ipcc updates in itunes
    4. shift+update -> looked up the legacy .ipcc file and allowed itunes to process it and then synced it
    5. did a reboot
    6. went to settings>general>network> cellular data network tab and all the information is the same as before... is that normal, or should it be blank? should there be anything there at all? if so, what?

at this point, my data should theoretically work, right?

what am I doing wrong and what should i do differently

sorry for the long post

Thanks to anyone who can help
    The patch was not installed, or you attempted to install the wrong IPCC. You should no longer see Cellular Data Network menu when installed properly.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The patch was not installed, or you attempted to install the wrong IPCC. You should no longer see Cellular Data Network menu when installed properly.
    SpookyET .... Why do you hide the 'Cellular Data Network' tab?

Strange, cause i see the regular t-mobile carrier logo (no scrolling) - should i uninstall a tmobile ios4.0 mms fix i have installed? (from the pushfix repo)

what should I do to properly install the patch? And there's like 12 ipcc files how do I know which is appropriate for me?

And if there's no cellular data tab, how am I supposed to enter apn info for mms?
    Last edited by 2006yamahaR6; 2010-11-07 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    SpookyET .... Why do you hide the 'Cellular Data Network' tab?
    Technically, I don't hide it. I just don't show it. You've been around long enough to know why. It's been answered many times.

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    Strange, cause i see the regular t-mobile carrier logo (no scrolling) - should i uninstall a tmobile ios4.0 mms fix i have installed? (from the pushfix repo)

what should I do to properly install the patch? And there's like 12 ipcc files how do I know which is appropriate for me?

And if there's no cellular data tab, how am I supposed to enter apn info for mms?
    You only need the CommCenter patch and the IPCC. Cydia crapware will conflict. You don't have to enter anything. The carrier bundle takes care of everything. You did unzip the carrier bundles, right? You didn't try to install the zip?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-11-07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Technically, I don't hide it. I just don't show it. You've been around long enough to know why. It's been answered many times.
    Yes I have ... and your decision is still wrong.

Have you ever called T-Mobile for support? They always verify network data settings ... or try to. But because you hide them, they will deny support and claim the iPhone is faulty.

And ... technically .... you DO hide them ... because it's enable by default on all other carrier bundles.

Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast