Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Stay away from hacks and don't use them in conjecture with the carrie bundles. All you have to do is install the patch and my carrier bundle. What's taking you so long?
    Well, Finally did it last night, and its working beautifully, you are AMAZING. once I am done with this post I will be donating a little more, It's so worth it for all your help.

IF ANYONE ELSE READS THIS - YOU SHOULD ALL DONATE AT LEAST A LITTLE TO SPOOKYET FOR ALL HIS HELP.

Thanks Again SpookyET

Just want to confirm, if I put a SIM from another country, the DATA settings will open up So I can edit?
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 2010-08-10 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    Well, Finally did it last night, and its working beautifully, you are AMAZING. once I am done with this post I will be donating a little more, It's so worth it for all your help.

IF ANYONE ELSE READS THIS - YOU SHOULD ALL DONATE AT LEAST A LITTLE TO SPOOKYET FOR ALL HIS HELP.

Thanks Again SpookyET
    Thank you for the support.

Just want to confirm, if I put a SIM from another country, the DATA settings will open up So I can edit?
    Perhaps it will; perhaps it will not. There are 157 official carriers. If you insert a SIM from another country that is from an official carrier, 'Cellular Data Network', or 'Mobile Data Network' if your phone is set to British English, will not be displayed. It will ONLY be displayed if your are roaming on an unknown carrier or if you insert a SIM card from an unknown carrier. They key word here is unknown, not one of the 157, for which there is no carrier bundle on the phone.

I posted a video a few posts back where you see me scrolling through all the official carrier bundles around minute 3. If you have travelled, you may recognise some of the names.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-10 at 08:36 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, I have a 3GS, unlocked on 4.0.1 with T-Mobile. I'm uploading the carrier file onto my iPhone but all my settings are remaining blank. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    Hey, I have a 3GS, unlocked on 4.0.1 with T-Mobile. I'm uploading the carrier file onto my iPhone but all my settings are remaining blank. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    You need to patch your CommCenter to accept unsigned carrier bundles. There is a link a few posts back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

To anyone that can help me? I can not get my laptop to enable letting me shift+update to select and install the .ipcc through iTunes. I followed the instructions in the read me file many times.

Windows 7 64bit
    iTunes 9.2.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    To anyone that can help me? I can not get my laptop to enable letting me shift+update to select and install the .ipcc through iTunes. I followed the instructions in the read me file many times.

Windows 7 64bit
    iTunes 9.2.1.5
    Make sure iTunes is closed. Just paste that line in Start > Run.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

Perhaps it will; perhaps it will not. There are 157 official carriers. If you insert a SIM from another country that is from an official carrier, 'Cellular Data Network', or 'Mobile Data Network' if your phone is set to British English, will not be displayed. It will ONLY be displayed if your are roaming on an unknown carrier or if you insert a SIM card from an unknown carrier. They key word here is unknown, not one of the 157, for which there is no carrier bundle on the phone.

I posted a video a few posts back where you see me scrolling through all the official carrier bundles around minute 3. If you have travelled, you may recognise some of the names.
    so if it is an official carrier MMS should work automatically, if it an "UNKNOWN" carrier then the settings will show and I can adjust? Correct?

i went to Israel last year, put in a sim card from that country and my internet wouldnt work, I had to remove my tmobile info in the cellular data settings for it to work
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 2010-08-10 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so if it is an official carrier MMS should work automatically, if it an "UNKNOWN" carrier then the settings will show and I can adjust? Correct?

i went to Israel last year, put in a sim card from that country and my internet wouldnt work, I had to remove my tmobile info in the cellular data settings for it to work
    Yes, that menu will be displayed to let you adjust the APNs, but MMS may not work properly if that carrier is bonkers like T-Mobile.

As for Israel, I know all about it (slideshow), but that was so last year. Orange, Cellcom, and Pelephone are all official carriers now. So, they'll all be automatically recognised when you go back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok, so I installed CommCenterNoSig 4.0.1 from Cydia and I am still getting blank internet settings on my phone. It mentions to add a few lines to my carrier.plist, would anyone know what's wrong?

Ok, so I installed CommCenterNoSig 4.0.1 from Cydia and I am still getting blank internet settings on my phone. It mentions to add a few lines to my carrier.plist, would anyone know what's wrong?
    You don't need to add anything. You need to reboot before installing the IPCC.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yup, looks like it's working thanks so much! Sidenote- is it normal for the Cellular Data Menu to disappear?

Yup, looks like it's working thanks so much! Sidenote- is it normal for the Cellular Data Menu to disappear?
    Yes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Spookey, Thanks for your help- All went well except for one thing
    1/2 my apps are gone including echo, settings and many other things.

Whgat caused this and is there somethig i missed?

All is working after following Spookeys instructions

thank you
    Last edited by beav626; 2010-08-11 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Spookey,

I used to install your T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy deb package from Cydia after any firmware update/restore to enable MMS. It works perfectly. Last night I restored my FW and your package does not appear on Cydia anymore. Is there any way to retrieve it somewhere?

Thank you very much

Gian

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pijama View Post
    Spookey,

I used to install your T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy deb package from Cydia after any firmware update/restore to enable MMS. It works perfectly. Last night I restored my FW and your package does not appear on Cydia anymore. Is there any way to retrieve it somewhere?

Thank you very much

Gian
    they are not on Cydia anymore, you have to install them via itunes, see first post in this thread, very easy.

Thank you very much! Found the information

Will give it a try asap.

Thank you again

Gian

There are some reports that ultrasn0w is draining battery like a politician drains the treasury. I have noticed this myself. I will have to turn off push mail tonight and measure the drain in the morning to confirm. For those with an iPhone 4, FaceTime may also be draining battery if it tries to activate over and over again, and it cannot.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-11 at 04:58 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you help with which is the one for me?

Running 3.1.3 3G and have the flex pay plan.

Im assuming the prepay one but just want to be sure, thanks!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 40ozBulldog For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Can you help with which is the one for me?

Running 3.1.3 3G and have the flex pay plan.

Im assuming the prepay one but just want to be sure, thanks!!
    Use the standard one. If that doesn't work, use the legacy one.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

40ozBulldog (2010-08-12), Butchiem1 (2010-08-11)

There are some reports that ultrasn0w is draining battery like a politician drains the treasury. I have noticed this myself. I will have to turn off push mail tonight and measure the drain in the morning to confirm. For those with an iPhone 4, FaceTime may also be draining battery if it tries to activate over and over again, and it cannot.
    Planetbeing said he was looking into this yesturday and was testing

*A new ultrasn0w 1.1.1 has been updated to possibly address the issue*
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-11 at 08:49 PM.

Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast