Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

is it better to install the IPCC in SSH and upload via Fugu or to install it via iTunes - or does either work?

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonFong View Post
    is it better to install the IPCC in SSH and upload via Fugu or to install it via iTunes - or does either work?
    iTunes assuming you don't use more than one unofficial carrier. Otherwise, extract name.ipcc/Payload into /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

The first post feels like a mess. It's a lot of information. I'm thinking of rewriting it on my blog where I have more formatting flexibility and have the first forward onto my blog. Thoughts?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-04 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    iTunes assuming you don't use more than one unofficial carrier. Otherwise, extract name.ipcc/Payload into /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

The first post feels like a mess. It's a lot of information. I'm thinking of rewriting it on my blog where I have more formatting flexibility and have the first forward onto my blog. Thoughts?
    +1 I would also put a mention in there about the commcenter patching. I had no clue of it until you mentioned it to me in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    +1 I would also put a mention in there about the commcenter patching. I had no clue of it until you mentioned it to me in the threads.
    There is patching information for the first iPhone, and iOS3 3G/3GS. I haven't posted anything abut 4 because I want confirmation that it works from a decent amount of people first.

I followed everything step by step patched commcenter via my PC (WinSCP) ran the command got a successful message (told me to reboot, which I did).

went to my mac and did the terminal command to allow me to change IPCC in iTunes - opened up iTunes and uploaded the same legacy IPCC that worked on my 3GS and it loaded up fine.

I have the camera icon but tried to send an MMS and it failed with the Red exclamation mark - Reset Network settings, tried again to send MMS and failed. Checked settings and I am unable to change anything, it just says T-Mobile Carrier just like RaginAsian55, unfortunately cannot send MMS like RaginAsian55.

any ideas?

Got it working...switched the SIM back to my 3GS sent an MMS and then put it back in the i4 and it started to work...stopped working when I installed MyWi for iOS4 - uninstalled it, Reset Network Settings, got the Bad Iphone error/safe mode, restarted it and it still didn't work. Took the sim out of the i4 and back into the 3GS sent an MMS and then put it back into the i4 and it started to work again, tested tethering and it works as well. I don't know if this is temporary or fixed - but I will continue to test it out.
    Last edited by TeflonFong; 2010-08-05 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I followed everything step by step patched commcenter via my PC (WinSCP) ran the command got a successful message (told me to reboot, which I did).

went to my mac and did the terminal command to allow me to change IPCC in iTunes - opened up iTunes and uploaded the same legacy IPCC that worked on my 3GS and it loaded up fine.

I have the camera icon but tried to send an MMS and it failed with the Red exclamation mark - Reset Network settings, tried again to send MMS and failed. Checked settings and I am unable to change anything, it just says T-Mobile Carrier just like RaginAsian55, unfortunately cannot send MMS like RaginAsian55.

any ideas?

Got it working...switched the SIM back to my 3GS sent an MMS and then put it back in the i4 and it started to work...stopped working when I installed MyWi for iOS4 - uninstalled it, Reset Network Settings, got the Bad Iphone error/safe mode, restarted it and it still didn't work. Took the sim out of the i4 and back into the 3GS sent an MMS and then put it back into the i4 and it started to work again, tested tethering and it works as well. I don't know if this is temporary or fixed - but I will continue to test it out.
    Why in the world would you install MyWi? The patch enables native iPhone tethering. Pay attention!

I don't know what kind of Cydia crap you have installed, but that's the reason it's not working. Start fresh. You need ultrasn0w, wortel's CommCenter patch, and one of my IPCCs to make your phone work. That is it.

Started Fresh...restored as a new phone. MMS works, but not when you have to reboot or turn off the phone - you need to take out the SIM and reinsert it for MMS to work again; it's weird. Only other Cydia packages I have installed are SBSettings and OpenSSH as well as the Complete Ugrade Saurik/Cydia stuff. Respring/Soft Restarts are not effected, so its almost a non-issue. Thanks.

@SpookyET - I jailbroke yesterday, was so easy, but I do have one question - now if I reboot the phone the apple comes up, with what looks like a line in the upper right corner of the phone and while the apple is there you see something running (that round circle with lines all around). After that, the phone works as normal, just wondering if you have heard of anything like this at startup.

I will be working on the commcenter and installing the ipcc tonite or tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Also, I dont see any difference in the look of the signal bars at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - I jailbroke yesterday, was so easy, but I do have one question - now if I reboot the phone the apple comes up, with what looks like a line in the upper right corner of the phone and while the apple is there you see something running (that round circle with lines all around). After that, the phone works as normal, just wondering if you have heard of anything like this at startup.

I will be working on the commcenter and installing the ipcc tonite or tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Also, I dont see any difference in the look of the signal bars at all.
    I saw that as well. It seems to be a problem with the jailbreak, but it doesn't always happen. Jailbreaking with PwnageTool seems to be best, but it doesn't yet work on your phone.

Started Fresh...restored as a new phone. MMS works, but not when you have to reboot or turn off the phone - you need to take out the SIM and reinsert it for MMS to work again; it's weird. Only other Cydia packages I have installed are SBSettings and OpenSSH as well as the Complete Ugrade Saurik/Cydia stuff. Respring/Soft Restarts are not effected, so its almost a non-issue. Thanks.
    The only package I see that can affect it is SBSettings. I don't know.

I have been informed that the T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles have been removed from Cydia. From now on, it's IPCC only.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-06 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just wanted to post a little update and say that I now have Data, MMS and tethering all working with a small catch. I'll make it quick and short

iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked with of course ultrasn0w. With my back up restored and unlock installed I applied wortel's CommCenter patch to allow for signed carrier bundles which I then applied my own carrier bundle but is the same as T-Mobile Legacy from SpookyET and rebooted the phone. I went ahead and turned off FaceTime sense it doesn't work on Tmobile and rebooted again to get rid of the waiting for activation screen (won't go away unless you reboot or wait a while) I tested Data and MMS and nothing worked I then popped my SIM out and back in and tested again everything is up and running smoothly plus tethering. I noticed everytime I rebooted the phone nothing would work but if I pop the sim out and back in it works which kind of sucks but I generally don't turn it off a lot anyways. Maybe someone else can try it and confirm but I have done it to 2 iphone 4's and came up with the exact same result and no delay on MMS either comes in quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I saw that as well. It seems to be a problem with the jailbreak, but it doesn't always happen. Jailbreaking with PwnageTool seems to be best, but it doesn't yet work on your phone.
    what is PwnageTool?

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    I just wanted to post a little update and say that I now have Data, MMS and tethering all working with a small catch. I'll make it quick and short

iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked with of course ultrasn0w. With my back up restored and unlock installed I applied wortel's CommCenter patch to allow for signed carrier bundles which I then applied my own carrier bundle but is the same as T-Mobile Legacy from SpookyET and rebooted the phone. I went ahead and turned off FaceTime sense it doesn't work on Tmobile and rebooted again to get rid of the waiting for activation screen (won't go away unless you reboot or wait a while) I tested Data and MMS and nothing worked I then popped my SIM out and back in and tested again everything is up and running smoothly plus tethering. I noticed everytime I rebooted the phone nothing would work but if I pop the sim out and back in it works which kind of sucks but I generally don't turn it off a lot anyways. Maybe someone else can try it and confirm but I have done it to 2 iphone 4's and came up with the exact same result and no delay on MMS either comes in quick.
    I also have a iPhone 4, what wortel's CommCenter patch did you use? 1-1.3 or 1-1.4???

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I also have a iPhone 4, what wortel's CommCenter patch did you use? 1-1.3 or 1-1.4???
    I used 1-1.3 didn't even know there is a .4 what is new in that version as I can't find it?

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    I used 1-1.3 didn't even know there is a .4 what is new in that version as I can't find it?
    Sorry that was my mistake, for some reason I thought there was another version. Anyways, I cant get my i4 to take the .ipcc through itunes even after doing the comcenter patch. Do I need to edit a .plist or somthing or just install the .deb patch and the ipcc should work??????

Sorry that was my mistake, for some reason I thought there was another version. Anyways, I cant get my i4 to take the .ipcc through itunes even after doing the comcenter patch. Do I need to edit a .plist or somthing or just install the .deb patch and the ipcc should work??????
    Do you have carrier testing mode (I think that's what it;s called) enabled for itunes? You run this command in command prompt under windows

"C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    or for MAC in terminal

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE
    After that try and upload it again

yes I have it enabled on my Mac. I can do the option+update and choose the ipcc, then it seems like it's updating but nothing shows up in my network settings

Somebody please help me if you can.

I have installed the comm patch. I install the ipcc and it seems to work but I still can't send or receive mms. And whenever I try to reset network settings, my springboard crashes.

Thanks
    yes I have it enabled on my Mac. I can do the option+update and choose the ipcc, then it seems like it's updating but nothing shows up in my network settings
    Did you use IPCC for iOS4 cuz iOS4 will check
    signature in IPCC file. If the IPCC file does not
    includes signature in it, iOS4 will refuse to accept
    the new configurations.

Ok, I dont know what im doing wrong.

I installed OpenSSH via Cydia, tried to use putty and SmartFTP but cannot access the iphone, it keeps saying "timed out"

Please tell me what im doing wrong

like _zen_ said are you using the new ipcc from the first page of this thread I think labeled tmobile ios4 1.1.1 It has multiple bundles inside and I am using the legacy version

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast