Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Couple months ago.

I'm testing some things right now. I'd like to email it to you for confirmation. I don't want to publish the new version yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

devro_85 (2009-07-02)

[s]Internet's back but now MMS is gone...[/s]

Edit-Never mind, I had screwed something else up. Thanks again, you're awesome!
    Last edited by devro_85; 2009-07-02 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devro_85 View Post
    Internet's back but now MMS is gone...
    Did you use the G1 IPCC?
    That's just weird. All bundles have the same MMS settings.

ok how do i get the cellular data network back, now I have nothing working and I cant edit the fields

same here, i am unable to change the cellular data network, and it works on my wife's but not on mine =( im sad!

I downloaded your new 1.0.3 bundle and it works. I can tether and now MMS is working with large size pictures. After installing the new .ipcc file I did have a few strange happenings but a couple reboots of the phone, choosing "reset network settings" and one more reboot it started working fine.

I also can no longer see the cellular data network settings so I can't change anything like the APN anymore, but luckily it is working so I'mOK.

Thanks!
    Warehouser

postpaid family plan with $24.99 unlimited web
    Last edited by Warehouser; 2009-07-02 at 08:34 AM.

its draining my battery too!! =(

i think im gonna delete it until everything is 100% fixed... and i would like to be able to change my cellular network settings since i like to use epc.tmobile.com

Quote Originally Posted by devro_85 View Post
    [s]Internet's back but now MMS is gone...[/s]

Edit-Never mind, I had screwed something else up. Thanks again, you're awesome!
    Did you use the G1 one?

Quote Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post
    ok how do i get the cellular data network back, now I have nothing working and I cant edit the fields
    If you ask for help.
    POST iPhone version.
    POST iPhone Firmware version.
    POST T-Mobile USA voice plan name.
    POST T-Mobile USA data plan name.
    POST T-Mobile IPCC file name you used.

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    same here, i am unable to change the cellular data network, and it works on my wife's but not on mine =( im sad!
    If you ask for help.
    POST iPhone version.
    POST iPhone Firmware version.
    POST T-Mobile USA voice plan name.
    POST T-Mobile USA data plan name.
    POST T-Mobile IPCC file name you used.

Post for both you and your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by lencho View Post
    its draining my battery too!! =(

i think im gonna delete it until everything is 100% fixed... and i would like to be able to change my cellular network settings since i like to use epc.tmobile.com
    It's just a settings file. It will not drain your battery. Check Settings > General > Mail, Contacts, Calendars if you have Push mail enabled. Change it to fetch to hourly or 15 minutes. There is a bug in Firmwire 3.0. It dries your battery in 5 hours on airplane mode.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-02 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm visiting the US in a few days and am going to sign up for a Individual myFaves with FlexPay plan. I'm going to be paying the additional $19.99 for unlimited data and messaging. I have my iPhone 3G unlocked with ultrasn0w and Apple had activated it for me. Will I be able to use the internet on my phone with the correct APN settings(I read only edge works)? To use MMS and tethering do I install the 1.03 carrier bundle and does it require the latest iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by amanisfly3 View Post
    I'm visiting the US in a few days and am going to sign up for a Individual myFaves with FlexPay plan. I'm going to be paying the additional $19.99 for unlimited data and messaging. I have my iPhone 3G unlocked with ultrasn0w and Apple had activated it for me. Will I be able to use the internet on my phone with the correct APN settings(I read only edge works)? To use MMS and tethering do I install the 1.03 carrier bundle and does it require the latest iTunes?
    EDGE only works because T-Mobile USA are using non-standard 3G frequencies. If you want 3G, you have to use AT&T. Install the latest iTunes. By the time you come here, 1.0.4, or 1.0.5 will be released. It's not one bundle. It's multiple bundles for different account types in the zip.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

amanisfly3 (2009-07-02)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    EDGE only works because T-Mobile USA are using non-standard 3G frequencies. If you want 3G, you have to use AT&T. Install the latest iTunes. By the time you come here, 1.0.4, or 1.0.5 will be released. It's not one bundle. It's multiple bundles for different account types in the zip.
    Oh ok, yeah I was going to go with AT&T but their non contract pay monthly plans are terrible and I'm only there for 1 month. So do you have a bundle for the flexpay monthly account type? And is that a yes on you just need the correct APN setting?

Default 2g Apn settings
    Phone: 2g
    Firmware: 3.0
    Voice Plan: Fmaily PLan
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    Ipcc: TMobile_us_postpaid

Had MMS working but with bad quality, and I wasn't recieving MMS from all cariers only certain ones...

I installed TMobile_us_postpaid, and my APN setting went away. MMS was perfect quality, and MMS worked from the carriers that were previously weren't. BUT, but internet stopped working...

I restored and re-jailbroke the phone. Installed the mmsactivate from cydia, then the TMobile_us_postpaid.ipcc

I'm in the same boat as before...I have tried reseting the network settings via general>reset>reset network settings...nothing. Tried installing tmobile us bundles from benm....nothing.

I'm so close! Please any help would be so so helpful. Thank you
    Cheese is milk's attempt at immortality...

Hi SpookyET, can you please help me. This is my setup:
    iPhone 2G
    OS 3.0
    T-Mobile (USA) myFaves Plan
    5.99 T-zones Data Plan
    ipcc version installed is yours, version 1.03 tmobile_postpaid.ipcc

I am requesting if you can make me an ipcc file that shows the cellular data network settings because I use epc.tmobile.com for my data APN and I like that menu to remain available for other apn's if necessary. Thank you I greatly appreciate it.

Here's the ipcc I made to work with the G1 data plan. It's the one I've been using on mine and my wife's phone. It uses epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS, and it has the resolution fix. It has the data menu set to edit and all sub menus under phone are set to work with t-mobile.

Edit: remove the .zip file extension to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geo411m; 2009-07-02 at 02:05 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geo411m For This Useful Post:

elduu (2009-07-03), JTO76 (2009-09-12)

Can someone please make the cellular data network settings menu show, when I travel overseas I need to be able to change it and for other reasons, sometimes epc works better and sometimes wap depending on the area I'm in. I would appreciate it please. Thank you.

Oh wait is the G1 ipcc posted 2 posts above show the cellular data network settings menu?
    Last edited by m600i; 2009-07-02 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by amanisfly3 View Post
    Oh ok, yeah I was going to go with AT&T but their non contract pay monthly plans are terrible and I'm only there for 1 month. So do you have a bundle for the flexpay monthly account type? And is that a yes on you just need the correct APN setting?
    Just download the zip file and have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    Here's the ipcc I made to work with the G1 data plan. It's the one I've been using on mine and my wife's phone. It uses epc.tmobile.com for both data and MMS, and it has the resolution fix. It has the data menu set to edit and all sub menus under phone are set to work with t-mobile.

I'm down to try this, but it's not letting me download it

Quote Originally Posted by martee View Post
    Phone: 2g
    Firmware: 3.0
    Voice Plan: Fmaily PLan
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    Ipcc: TMobile_us_postpaid

Had MMS working but with bad quality, and I wasn't recieving MMS from all cariers only certain ones...

I installed TMobile_us_postpaid, and my APN setting went away. MMS was perfect quality, and MMS worked from the carriers that were previously weren't. BUT, but internet stopped working...

I restored and re-jailbroke the phone. Installed the mmsactivate from cydia, then the TMobile_us_postpaid.ipcc

I'm in the same boat as before...I have tried reseting the network settings via general>reset>reset network settings...nothing. Tried installing tmobile us bundles from benm....nothing.

I'm so close! Please any help would be so so helpful. Thank you
    I will have a fix for you soon. I think you have a new plan. How old is the account?

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post

Please don't attach IPCC files to the thread. It will make things very confusing. I have a G1 fix that I'll publish in the next few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    Can someone please make the cellular data network settings menu show, when I travel overseas I need to be able to change it and for other reasons, sometimes epc works better and sometimes wap depending on the area I'm in. I would appreciate it please. Thank you.

Oh wait is the G1 ipcc posted 2 posts above show the cellular data network settings menu?
    When you roam, the menu will reappear.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-02 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

martee (2009-07-02)

It's been a while. Got the Iphone back in the good ol' 1.1.2 days

I had this tmobile account a few years before iphones were out

Thank you

Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast