Page 79 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Not necessarily. That number should be a gateway recognised by GSM networks.
    All I know is people in NZ were getting charged with international SMS's until the carrier fixed the problem.

I don't have t-mobile to try it out. If it doesn't work you can try the other number and hope you don't get charged as the NZ carrier could have been a isolated problem :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
    All I know is people in NZ were getting charged with international SMS's until the carrier fixed the problem.

I don't have t-mobile to try it out. If it doesn't work you can try the other number and hope you don't get charged as the NZ carrier could have been a isolated problem :-)
    Yes, but that AT&T number is incomplete. T-Mobile needs to know how to translate it to a full number. Even then you can still get charged. I'll have to get feedback before I change it.

That said, I looked at some of the iOS3 carrier bundles for NZ carriers found at http://www.iphonewzealand.co.nz. They are terrible based Unknown.bundle. There is a lot of crap that shouldn't be there, and stuff that should be isn't there.

@SpookET and GoodOmens

I have tried both gateway #'s and I am on Tmobile FaceTime still doesn't work. The option is there but only waiting for activation. It does not actually show up when making a call to another iphone 4, MMS is even spotty it works a few times then stops

*To clarify I have tried both gateway #'s

I take that back I tried both the ATT gateway # and the one SpookET mentioned not the New Zealand gateway
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-04 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    @SpookET and GoodOmens

I have tried both gateway #'s and I am on Tmobile FaceTime still doesn't work. The option is there but only waiting for activation. It does not actually show up when making a call to another iphone 4, MMS is even spotty it works a few times then stops

*To clarify I have tried both gateway #'s you both mentioned
    Of coarse it doesn't work. The New Zealand problem wasn't just that people were getting charged for the SMS, but the SMS message was also not being recognised by the network as a hidden protocol message and was being displayed as gibberish to the user. I doubt that T-Mobile will do squat about it.

Of coarse it doesn't work. The New Zealand problem wasn't just that people were getting charged for the SMS, but the SMS message was also not being recognised by the network as a hidden protocol message and was being displayed as gibberish to the user. I doubt that T-Mobile will do squat about it.
    Ya probably I just edited my post I did not try the New Zealand gateway I meant the one from your carrier bundles and the one from ATT who knows maybe T-Mobile will show some love. Hopefully MMS is just spotty temporarily

Yea that's making more sense.

Ya probably I just edited my post I did not try the New Zealand gateway I meant the one from your carrier bundles and the one from ATT who knows maybe T-Mobile will show some love. Hopefully MMS is just spotty temporarily
    It's not a New Zealand gateway. It's the world gateway. 154 out of 155 official carriers use it. AT&T use their own number.

Oh, try using

HTML Code:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>00447786205094</string>
    Or is that what SpookyET has in the file already? That's the only other gateway at the moment.

Oh, try using

HTML Code:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>00447786205094</string>
    Or is that what SpookyET has in the file already? That's the only other gateway at the moment.
    That's the world gateway used by 154 out of 155 official carriers. But, I have +447786205094. The plus isn't always translated into 00. USA out prefix is 011. Using 00 is dumb. Like I have said, those NZ bundles are pretty crappy. No attention to detail.

This is the one I have in right now +447786205094. My Data has stopped working though so I am working on that atm its like on and off today

*I got data back I had FaceTime turned off and thats when data wasn't working I just turned it on and data is working again I just tested it again kind of odd
    Last edited by alpineflip; 2010-08-04 at 06:37 PM.

Anyway, just like Visual Voice Mail won't work on T-Mobile nor will FaceTime. The engineer in chief will not do anything to change the network unless the phone is officially supported by T-Mobile. Maybe, we can petition them, but it will have to be a few thousand people.

Anyway, just like Visual Voice Mail won't work on T-Mobile nor will FaceTime. The engineer in chief will not do anything to change the network unless the phone is officially supported by T-Mobile. Maybe, we can petition them, but it will have to be a few thousand people.
    To be honest until a proper fix is found I'd remove that number as people will rack up international SMS charges trying to activate facetime.

To be honest until a proper fix is found I'd remove that number as people will rack up international SMS charges trying to activate facetime.
    It's a good idea, but I will not take such an action without confirmation first from more than one person.

FaceTime OPTION was working immediately after I unlocked and had the T-Mobile SIM in there...after I played around with the settings/Cydia carrier bundles for MMS to work I turned the FaceTime switch to off and then back on and it won't authorize - even when I put back the AT&T SIM it still won't authorize (I imagine a restore would resolve that problem).

MMS is the main issue - very erratic on the iPhone4 - even SwirlyMMS is acting strange. But I am sure it will be patched soon - the unlock JUST came out last night.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to patch your CommCenter to support unsigned bundles.
    Do you mean enter that text in my terminal (Mac OS X) and then Option+Update and click on the appropriate bundle? I did all that, still no luck. Do you mean for me to do something else to patch my CommCenter? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Do you mean enter that text in my terminal (Mac OS X) and then Option+Update and click on the appropriate bundle? I did all that, still no luck. Do you mean for me to do something else to patch my CommCenter? Thanks!!
    No, through a process like this.

Thanks

No, through a process like this.
    The link is broken but I found where you were trying to send me. A working link is here: Patch for CommCenter iOS4 V.4.0.1 on 3G/3Gs/4G - xSellize . I downloaded the deb file but I don't really know what to do next. They also mention carrier.plist and I've never messed around with that stuff yet. Also, SpookyET mentions using an FTP program, which I've downloaded FileZilla.

Can someone guide me through patching my commcenter? I already have the legacy ipcc installed-- should I clean and redo after patching?

Thanks for all the help! I haven't felt this confused with JBing in a while!

The link is broken but I found where you were trying to send me. A working link is here: Patch for CommCenter iOS4 V.4.0.1 on 3G/3Gs/4G - xSellize . I downloaded the deb file but I don't really know what to do next. They also mention carrier.plist and I've never messed around with that stuff yet. Also, SpookyET mentions using an FTP program, which I've downloaded FileZilla.

Can someone guide me through patching my commcenter? I already have the legacy ipcc installed-- should I clean and redo after patching?

Thanks for all the help! I haven't felt this confused with JBing in a while!
    No, you don't have the legacy IPCC installed. Read the last few pages, and you'll know what to do with it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (2010-08-04)

Thanks

No, you don't have the legacy IPCC installed. Read the last few pages, and you'll know what to do with it.
    YESSSS!! MMS WORKING ON T-MOBILE USA. (No ideas on tethering- I don't ever tether.)

I found SpookyET's directions for CommCenter Patching on POST #1536 on PAGE 103. I just used Fugu as my sFTP client (Mac OS X).

After patching you MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FROM THE ORIGINAL POST, where you upload your IPCC from iTunes. Personally, I used the Legacy ipcc because that's what plan I'm on. If you simply install the package from Cydia it won't work. Still no Cellular Data Network settings, although it doesn't matter much to me as long as it works. From what I read earlier as well, if you roam it shows up to adjust carrier settings.

A BIG THANKS TO SPOOKYET FOR BEING PATIENT AND HELPFUL.

EDIT: Attached a screenshot of the directions and deb file I used, newest one by Wortel. I am currently running 4.0.1 on 3GS new bootrom.
    NOTE: directions given by SpookyET enter in the older version, 1.1-2, of the patch. So be sure you type in the appropriate command matching the appropriate version of your deb file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -directions_read-me.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2010-08-04 at 10:13 PM. Reason: add info

YESSSS!! MMS WORKING ON T-MOBILE USA. (No ideas on tethering- I don't ever tether.)

I found SpookyET's directions for CommCenter Patching on POST #1536 on PAGE 103. I just used Fugu as my sFTP client (Mac OS X).

After patching you MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FROM THE ORIGINAL POST, where you upload your IPCC from iTunes. Personally, I used the Legacy ipcc because that's what plan I'm on. If you simply install the package from Cydia it won't work. Still no Cellular Data Network settings, although it doesn't matter much to me as long as it works. From what I read earlier as well, if you roam it shows up to adjust carrier settings.

A BIG THANKS TO SPOOKYET FOR BEING PATIENT AND HELPFUL.

EDIT: Attached a screenshot of the directions and deb file I used, newest one by Wortel. I am currently running 4.0.1 on 3GS new bootrom.
    NOTE: directions given by SpookyET enter in the older version, 1.1-2, of the patch. So be sure you type in the appropriate command matching the appropriate version of your deb file.
    Missing Cellular Data Network menu is by design, not a bug. Everyone, learn from RaginAsian55. Reading is all one has to do. Whining and moaning won't fix your phone.

The old iOS3 bundles will be removed from Cydia within the next few days. From now, at least for a while, it will be IPCC only.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-04 at 10:53 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (2010-08-04)

Page 79 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast