Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post

1) Install OpenSSH from Cydia.
    2) Find your iPhone IP address in Settings > Wi-Fi > Name of Network > IP Address.
    3) Copy ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb to /tmp on the Phone using an sFTP program.
    4) In Terminal on Mac or PuTTY on Windows.
    a) Connect to the Phone: ssh [email protected]
    b) It will prompt for password, type: alpine
    c) Change directory to tmp: cd /tmp
    d) Install the deb: dpkg -i ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb
    5) Reboot the phone.

Then install the IPCC. You may uninstall OpenSSH, if you wish.
    a Couple of questions,

1. I am assuming the iphone should be connected to the computer while doing this

2. is PuTTY an sFTP program or do I need to use something else and is PuTTY the easiest one to use

3. when you say "ssh [email protected]" the ip should be the phones ip address.

4. typing this in exactly as shown dpkg -i ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb will install the deb package?

sorry for the questions, but I'd rather ask BEFORE I do it then after I screw up.

Thanks

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    a Couple of questions,

1. I am assuming the iphone should be connected to the computer while doing this
    Yes.

2. is PuTTY an sFTP program or do I need to use something else and is PuTTY the easiest one to use
    PuTTY is a Terminal. For sFTP, I think SmartFTP is a good Windows program.

3. when you say "ssh [email protected]" the ip should be the phones ip address.
    iPhone's IP address assigned by the Wi-Fi router.

4. typing this in exactly as shown dpkg -i ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb will install the deb package?
    Yes, whatever the name the name of the deb. It was named ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb last I checked. dpkg is the program, -i is the install switch and the ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb is what to install.

Yes.

Yes, whatever the name the name of the deb. It was named ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb last I checked. dpkg is the program, -i is the install switch and the ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb is what to install.
    Lots of respect for having enough patience to show people how to SSH/use UNIX commands. Haha. I'm going to try the commcenter patch on my 4 when the unlock comes out today. I'll report back

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Lots of respect for having enough patience to show people how to SSH/use UNIX commands. Haha. I'm going to try the commcenter patch on my 4 when the unlock comes out today. I'll report back
    There is no patch for 4 yet, only for 3G/3GS.

There is no patch for 4 yet, only for 3G/3GS.
    Gotcha. I'll just use the plist override until then. Let me know if you need any testers for a 4 commcenter patch.

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    Gotcha. I'll just use the plist override until then. Let me know if you need any testers for a 4 commcenter patch.
    I'm not the author of the patch.Wortel is the author. Now, iPhone 4 has a different chipset, a completely different baseband. Meaning, the CommCenter might also be quite different.

If everything is working, why do you need to edit it? If it ain't broke don't fix it. When you roam on an unknown carrier, you'll be able to edit them again. Disable/Enable data if you have crappy towers in your area when that happens. Switching APNs is not an the issue.

See above.
    But there is a problem, I am still not able to send mms or receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoiphon1 View Post
    But there is a problem, I am still not able to send mms or receive them.
    You tinkering with the APNs won't fix that problem. It's a CommCenter patch or some other Cydia hack issue.

You tinkering with the APNs won't fix that problem. It's a CommCenter patch or some other Cydia hack issue.
    So how do I fix this? Can it be because I am using iRealSMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoiphon1 View Post
    So how do I fix this? Can it be because I am using iRealSMS?
    I don't know what that does. I keep a clean phone. I avoid Cydia crap like the plague. Try to uninstall it. Most of the time when it doesn't work, it's because some Cydia hack conflicts.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ———————————————————————

Those who have emailed me in the past know that I am willing to have long email conversations and do help people who show a minimal level of intelligence. This is another case of how not to have an email conversation with me. I've said it before, imbeciles will be publicly ridiculed. I am all for helping, but I will not accept abuse nor insults.

Tupring to me
    Hello. I seem to be having trouble. I'm using an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.0 and none of the profiles work. After rebooting the phone, the "Carrier Services" tab or button is still gone. I also have no "International Assist" option. Both settings were present on Firmware 3.1.2. I have yet to find any successful way to reactivate these features.

me to Tupring
    The IPCC will not work without a patched CommCenter to allow unsigned carrier bundles. International assist does not work on T-Mobile. There is no "Carrier Services". There is "T-Mobile Services" which you will see once you have a patched CommCenter. "International Assist" does not work on T-Mobile. Thus, it was disabled.

Tupring to me
    Is this new for iOS 4? Both options were enabled on T-Mobile on Firmware 3.1.2. I followed the included directions and there is no mention of CommCenter or how to patch it, unless you are talking about the Terminal command to add the line to iTunes prefs, which I did. I also did not see any comments on the site other than people saying it either worked or not. Am I missing something?

me to Tupring
    iOS4 CommCenter needs patching. See the last few pages of T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4). The guide hasn't yet been updated for iOS4.

Tupring to me
    Thanks, I installed the CommCenter patch and now it's worse. Now I have no "Cellular Data Network" tab and thus no APN settings at all. And btw, here's a screenshot of "Carrier Services" which your script installed (which does not exist for T-Mobile)? Now how do I get my APN settings please.

me to Tupring
    International assist does not exist on T-Mobile. Hence, why it's not displayed. Cellular Data Menu is also disabled. You will only see it while roaming on an unknown carrier. You don't need to tinker with the APN settings. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You never see that menu if you insert an official SIM. It's not 'Carrier Services'. It's 'T-Mobile Services'. Those are displayed.

Tupring to me
    Right, my screenshot says "T-Mobile Services…"

Here it is again "CARRIER_SERVICES" plain as day. And yes, I DO need to tinker with the settings thank you very much. I would much rather be able to do that and just dial #646# myself to check my minutes. Please, how can I make or get a T-Mobile bundle that works like the ones on 3.1.2 and actually shows the APN Settings as well. Thank you.

Tupring to me
    Another reboot made it say "T-Mobile Services" so that's good. But please how do i re-enable the APN settings please.

me to Tupring
    The iOS3 bundles version 1.0.12 work the same way. I know how it's supposed to work, and I made as such. Listen mate, don't be so demanding. Take it or leave it. I don't owe you anything.

Tupring to me
    First of all, I'm not your mate. Second of all I am looking at my other ******* iPhone on T-Mobile right now and the other settings are there via the T-Mobile profile from help.benm.at which will not install on 4.0. However installing it on 3.1.2 and then upgrading to 4.0 it sticks. Guess it's time to downgrade. **** your fail script.

me to Tupring
    Make your own bundle.

me to Tupring
    I don't owe you anything. Further emails from you will be automatically deleted. Jog on.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— ———————————————————————

To be fair, his screenshot did show 'CARRIER_SERVICES'. I don't know what editing or hacks made Springboard fail that way. It wasn't the bundle.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-03 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes.

Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver, have you heard any more bugs on the new jailbreak? also, is the only difference between 4.0 and 4.01 the fix with the signal bars? cause if so, I will stay at 4.0 for now.

I was reading in one of the post about cydia, how you hate it, and I remember you telling me that there might be a way to jailbreak "clean" without Cydia, is that really possible.

Also, I was reading your last post, and people have nerve talking to you that way, as if you owe them something. just my 2 cents

Thanks again for the hand holding

Nathan

Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver, have you heard any more bugs on the new jailbreak? also, is the only difference between 4.0 and 4.01 the fix with the signal bars? cause if so, I will stay at 4.0 for now.

I was reading in one of the post about cydia, how you hate it, and I remember you telling me that there might be a way to jailbreak "clean" without Cydia, is that really possible.

Also, I was reading your last post, and people have nerve talking to you that way, as if you owe them something. just my 2 cents

Thanks again for the hand holding

Nathan
    Yes, 4.0.1 just changes the dBm ranges associated with each bar. It also changes the shape of the bars from a linear to an exponential curve, which resembles the real world. See this article. That CommCenter patch only works with 4.0.1. So, the point is moot. You'll have to upgrade, and you need to do it soon before Apple closes the exploit used by Jailbrakme. Yes, there is a way to jailbreak cleanly without installing Cydia, but it's dependent on PwangeTool, and it doesn't work on your phone since you have a newer boot loader.

@SpookyET - is the wortel patch the right one, he has made a new one called
    "ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" is this the one i should use?

@SpookyET - is the wortel patch the right one, he has made a new one called
    "ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" is this the one i should use?
    Use the latest one.

It looks like the 3GS patch works on 4 as well, so n1c3jack3t, you can try it on your phone. wortel, if you're reading this, that deb is ugly. You should try to get the patches into the jailbreak tools.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-04 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey All,

I tried the solution from the main post but no matter what I do I can't get MMS to work on my iPhone 3GS (4.0.1, new bootrom). It didn't work when it was clean and it still doesn't work after JB. Bluetooth and EDGE work just fine with the settings but never MMS. Otherwise I just use unlockit.co.nz for my APN to use EDGE. Not sure if tethering works, never use/tried it.

Any help to get MMS working for a TMob customer? All help is appreciated!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Hey All,

I tried the solution from the main post but no matter what I do I can't get MMS to work on my iPhone 3GS (4.0.1, new bootrom). It didn't work when it was clean and it still doesn't work after JB. Bluetooth and EDGE work just fine with the settings but never MMS. Otherwise I just use unlockit.co.nz for my APN to use EDGE. Not sure if tethering works, never use/tried it.

Any help to get MMS working for a TMob customer? All help is appreciated!! :-)
    You need to patch your CommCenter to support unsigned bundles.

Just as a side note, after patching the commcenter via Wortel's patch and installing a custom t-mobile carrier bundle you should then add the following line to carrier.plist to get facetime working:

HTML Code:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>28818773</string>

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
    Just as a side note, after patching the commcenter via Wortel's patch and installing a custom t-mobile carrier bundle you should then add the following line to carrier.plist to get facetime working:

HTML Code:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>28818773</string>
    That's AT&T's number. Does it work with T-Mobile? It's not a complete number. Is it a short-code? Is it treated as free SMS? +447786205094, which I currently have in the bundle, is used by 154 out of 155 carriers.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-04 at 05:41 PM.

That's AT&T's number. Does it work with T-Mobile? It's not a complete number. Is it a short-code? Is it treated as free SMS? +447786205094, which I currently have in the bundle, is used by 154 out of 155 carriers.
    I would say if your on T-mobile in the US I'd use that otherwise you might get dinged for a international SMS. I don't have t-mobile to try it out but I would assume it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
    I would say if your on T-mobile in the US I'd use that otherwise you might get dinged for a international SMS. I don't have t-mobile to try it out but I would assume it should work.
    Not necessarily. That number should be a gateway recognised by GSM networks.

Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast