Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #1521
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    No. Just found about the deb when the person above mentioned it. I patch it manually.
    Can you tell me a little bit more detail about this. What folder on my iphone do i need to be in and execute that cmd after i ssh it?

  2. #1522
    Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    Can you tell me a little bit more detail about this. What folder on my iphone do i need to be in and execute that cmd after i ssh it?
    Transfer the deb to /tmp
    SSH into /tmp
    Execute that command

  3. #1523
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Transfer the deb to /tmp
    SSH into /tmp
    Execute that command
    Alright cool thanks. I tried to look for a tutorial on that site but the site is having bad gateway issue. So I ran the patch now I just need to install the ipcc right? I saw on that site earlier that it did some carrier.plist editing do I need to do that?

    Nvm I figured it all out. Got my edge working now thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by luan87us; 2010-08-02 at 07:33 AM.

  4. #1524
    Quote Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
    Alright cool thanks. I tried to look for a tutorial on that site but the site is having bad gateway issue. So I ran the patch now I just need to install the ipcc right? I saw on that site earlier that it did some carrier.plist editing do I need to do that?

    Nvm I figured it all out. Got my edge working now thanks for the tips.
    You don't need to edit anything. I'm not in the business of half baked goods. Tethering and MMS should work as well. You're welcome. Feel free to donate...

  5. #1525
    @SpookyET - what is wrong with the new jailbreak? Also, when the jailbreak has been tweaked and is working better, will using your ipcc be easy to install? Please let me know when everything is working ok and you feel it's a good time to jailbreak.

  6. #1526
    Damn, lots of talk that is above my head at this point. spooky...maybe you can guide me. The phone I have an issue with is a 3GS, jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I do not get the Celular Data button in my settings where I would normally input my carriers APN. The phone is on ios4.0

    thanks for all that you do.

  7. #1527
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - what is wrong with the new jailbreak? Also, when the jailbreak has been tweaked and is working better, will using your ipcc be easy to install? Please let me know when everything is working ok and you feel it's a good time to jailbreak.
    There were a few MMS/FaceTime bugs. Also, there are iPad bugs which I don't know if they are yet fixed. There may be other bugs which have not yet been found. You can try it if you want, or you can wait a few more days. It's up to you.

    It is safe to upgrade to 4.0.1. First, you need to save your SHSH blobs. Apple will fix this bug very quickly, and you won't be able to jailbreak again until a new bug to exploit is found. Get the Firmware Umbrella. Run it. Save those blobs to be able to restore to 4.0.1 in the future.

    Next, you need to install the CommCenter patch like the person above, or you can send me your CommCenter, and I can manually patch it for you and send it back. Restart.

    Download the IPCCs from the main page. Extract the zip and install the appropriate one for your account by reading the README.txt or watching the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    Damn, lots of talk that is above my head at this point. spooky...maybe you can guide me. The phone I have an issue with is a 3GS, jailbroken and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I do not get the Celular Data button in my settings where I would normally input my carriers APN. The phone is on ios4.0

    thanks for all that you do.
    Depending on which dialect of English, you're phone is using, it may be "Mobile Data Network" instead of "Cellular Data Network". It's disabled by design. You won't see it when you insert an official carrier SIM. You won't see it when you install one of my bundles. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You will see it if you go oversees and roam on an unknown carrier.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-02 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

    aguyindallas (2010-08-02)

  9. #1528
    Spooky....can you guide me? Let me tell you exactly what I have done:

    1. Bought phone already updated to 4.0 (this has never been jailbroken or unlocked in the past).
    2. Seller left his original ATT sim in the phone, so when I connected to itunes initially (to sync data from my wifes old 2G), it worked without any trouble.
    3. I did the new jailbreak yesterday, which installed Cydia.
    4. Applied the Ultrasn0w unlock.
    5. Installed carrier bundle appropriate to my plan via Cydia
    6. Now...I can call and SMS, but not MMS. Also, cannot get any data working when not on wifi (no mail, internet, facebook, etc...anything that requries data to work.)

    What am I missing? What do I need to do from this point? Again, thanks for the help and all you do.
    Last edited by aguyindallas; 2010-08-02 at 06:44 PM.

  10. #1529
    Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    Spooky....can you guide me? Let me tell you exactly what I have done:

    1. Bought phone already updated to 4.0 (this has never been jailbroken or unlocked in the past).
    2. Seller left his original ATT sim in the phone, so when I connected to itunes initially (to sync data from my wifes old 2G), it worked without any trouble.
    3. I did the new jailbreak yesterday, which installed Cydia.
    4. Applied the Ultrasn0w unlock.
    5. Installed carrier bundle appropriate to my plan via Cydia
    6. Now...I can call and SMS, but not MMS. Also, cannot get any data working when not on wifi (no mail, internet, facebook, etc...anything that requries data to work.)

    What am I missing? What do I need to do from this point? Again, thanks for the help and all you do.
    You need to install the CommCenter patch mentioned a few posts above. Restart! Then install one of my carrier bundles appropriate for your account.

  11. #1530
    Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    Spooky....can you guide me? Let me tell you exactly what I have done:

    1. Bought phone already updated to 4.0 (this has never been jailbroken or unlocked in the past).
    2. Seller left his original ATT sim in the phone, so when I connected to itunes initially (to sync data from my wifes old 2G), it worked without any trouble.
    3. I did the new jailbreak yesterday, which installed Cydia.
    4. Applied the Ultrasn0w unlock.
    5. Installed carrier bundle appropriate to my plan via Cydia
    6. Now...I can call and SMS, but not MMS. Also, cannot get any data working when not on wifi (no mail, internet, facebook, etc...anything that requries data to work.)

    What am I missing? What do I need to do from this point? Again, thanks for the help and all you do.
    You can update to the latest iOS 4.0.1 if you want to have the latest firmware on your iphone. Though I don't think it would help much if you don't have at least a 3gs. This period is one of those rare time where you can update to the latest firmware and still able to jb and unlock so I like to take advantage of it. For MMS and internet to work you need to install a deb patch a few post back and then install the ipcc appropriately.

  12. #1531
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    @SpookyET - I don't know how to work with github, so I'm just going to post my IPCC here. Feel free to edit/copy to match yours.

    T-Mobile_USA.ipcc

    Spooky - is this the one I should use?

    Also...I am not familiar with how to SSH into my phone to install the Commcenter patch and am a little worried about screwing this up. Anyway you could PM me so we could have a conversation by email etc...maybe you have the time to walk me through a couple steps?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by aguyindallas; 2010-08-02 at 07:53 PM.

  13. #1532
    Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    Spooky - is this the one I should use?

    Also...I am not familiar with how to SSH into my phone to install the Commcenter patch and am a little worried about screwing this up. Anyway you could PM me so we could have a conversation by email etc...maybe you have the time to walk me through a couple steps?

    Thanks!
    You need to download the zip in the first post appropriate for your iOS version, not one randomly attached. Hence, why I don't approve when people randomly attach their IPPC to a post.

    I can't hold your hand in patching CommCenter. I have mentioned the steps above in a post on how to do it.

  14. #1533
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    There were a few MMS/FaceTime bugs. Also, there are iPad bugs which I don't know if they are yet fixed. There may be other bugs which have not yet been found. You can try it if you want, or you can wait a few more days. It's up to you.

    It is safe to upgrade to 4.0.1. First, you need to save your SHSH blobs. Apple will fix this bug very quickly, and you won't be able to jailbreak again until a new bug to exploit is found. Get the Firmware Umbrella. Run it. Save those blobs to be able to restore to 4.0.1 in the future.

    Next, you need to install the CommCenter patch like the person above, or you can send me your CommCenter, and I can manually patch it for you and send it back. Restart.

    Download the IPCCs from the main page. Extract the zip and install the appropriate one for your account by reading the README.txt or watching the video.
    So after A few days (when the jailbreak has been tweeked) I should upgrade to 4.0.1 then run the firmwareumbrella (I assume its self explanatory).

    Next, which is the thing I have the problem with, is patching my CommCenter, First of all, if you dont mind me sending it to you, How would I send it to you? and then How would I re install it on my Iphone?

    I assume installing the IPCC is easy since I have done it before (unless the process has changed).

    But I have a question for you, I was on iphonehacks.com and it says

    "Adding http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ in Cydia and installing their package should fix MMS issues for T-Mobile users."

    will this actually work, If so it would save BOTH of us alot of headaches.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks

    Nathan

    I cant wait to be able to receive MMS again

  15. #1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    So after A few days (when the jailbreak has been tweeked) I should upgrade to 4.0.1 then run the firmwareumbrella (I assume its self explanatory).
    If you run umbrella now, which is pretty self explanatory, you'll have the SHSH blobs for 4.0. So, you'll always be able to restore to 4.0. If you run it for 4.0.1, you'll only have the 4.0.1 blobs. You won't be able to restore to 4.0, but only to 4.0.1. You can upgrade to 4.0.1 now. It doesn't really matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    Next, which is the thing I have the problem with, is patching my CommCenter, First of all, if you dont mind me sending it to you, How would I send it to you? and then How would I re install it on my Iphone?
    There should be a Cydia repository for that deb mentioned above (Cydia package). Thus, you should be able to install it via Cydia. If not, you'll have to install OpenSSH via Cydia, use a FTP program to navigate onto the phone, get the CommCenter, email it to me. I patch it and email it back. Then you put the patched CommCenter on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    I assume installing the IPCC is easy since I have done it before (unless the process has changed).
    Nothing has changed. It's the same as in the video. The IPCC names have changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    But I have a question for you, I was on iphonehacks.com and it says

    "Adding http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ in Cydia and installing their package should fix MMS issues for T-Mobile users."

    will this actually work, If so it would save BOTH of us alot of headaches.
    Patches are good. Hacks like the above are not. You don't need it. The CommCenter patch + the IPCC are enough. I wish they would include the CommCenter patch in the jailbreak. I wonder why they haven't yet.

  16. #1535
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    There should be a Cydia repository for that deb mentioned above (Cydia package). Thus, you should be able to install it via Cydia. If not, you'll have to install OpenSSH via Cydia, use a FTP program to navigate onto the phone, get the CommCenter, email it to me. I patch it and email it back. Then you put the patched CommCenter on the phone.
    I downloaded the deb, but have no clue what to do with it.

    How can I find out if there is a Cydia package for that deb, what would I search for?

  17. #1536
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    I downloaded the deb, but have no clue what to do with it.

    How can I find out if there is a Cydia package for that deb, what would I search for?
    The deb is a Cydia package, but it has to be in a repository of many packages that Cydia can browse. It can be installed manually without Cydia as well. It's more complicated.

    Does anyone know if the CommCenter patch deb is in any repository?

    Manual installation.

    1) Install OpenSSH from Cydia.
    2) Find your iPhone IP address in Settings > Wi-Fi > Name of Network > IP Address.
    3) Copy ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb to /tmp on the Phone using an sFTP program.
    4) In Terminal on Mac or PuTTY on Windows.
    a) Connect to the Phone: ssh [email protected]
    b) It will prompt for password, type: alpine
    c) Change directory to tmp: cd /tmp
    d) Install the deb: dpkg -i ccp401_1.1-2_wortel.deb
    5) Reboot the phone.

    Then install the IPCC. You may uninstall OpenSSH, if you wish.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-08-03 at 12:02 AM.

  18. #1537
    iPhone Model: 3G with 4.01(Factory unlocked and unjailbreak)
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 1000
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: Family unlimited SMS and MMS
    Time with T-Mobile: 5 Monhts
    Last Plan Change: Don't remember
    Problem: I don't plan to jailbrak my phone and I input all epc.tmobile.com etc. MMS send okay but not receiving. "The media content was not included due to picture solution or message size restriction." The IPCC file to fix this is no longer working on 4.01. Is there anyway do fix this in 4.01?

  19. #1538
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvsmac View Post
    iPhone Model: 3G with 4.01(Factory unlocked and unjailbreak)
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family 1000
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: Family unlimited SMS and MMS
    Time with T-Mobile: 5 Monhts
    Last Plan Change: Don't remember
    Problem: I don't plan to jailbrak my phone and I input all epc.tmobile.com etc. MMS send okay but not receiving. "The media content was not included due to picture solution or message size restriction." The IPCC file to fix this is no longer working on 4.01. Is there anyway do fix this in 4.01?
    Jailbreak. Install the CommCenter patch. Install the IPCC appropriate for your account from the first post.

  20. #1539
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Jailbreak. Install the CommCenter patch. Install the IPCC appropriate for your account from the first post.
    Is there a way to do it without jailbreak like in firm 3.X.X? Just run a commmand in terminal or windows command then update the ipcc file through itune?
    thanks

  21. #1540
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvsmac View Post
    Is there a way to do it without jailbreak like in firm 3.X.X? Just run a commmand in terminal or windows command then update the ipcc file through itune?
    thanks
    No.

Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •