Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    Fair enough. Since the APN's already have fake signatures on them, I think it would be safe to remove the final fake signature. Try uploading a test IPCC for me to test.
    Both the entire file and each APN must have a signature. There should be 2 signature checks. One for the carrier.plist file and another for APNs. Here's a test bundle: drop.io 9b7emyf

I can confirm that the 3G IPCC and tethering CommCenter patch works beautifully with the 1.1.1 IPCC. Thank you gamer765. You may have to convert it from patch to bspatch format. That's usually what the Dev Team uses.

gamer765, do you have any idea on how to induce an over-the-air carrier bundle update? Perhaps, we can trick it to install it properly instead of using the carrier testing mode?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-07 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

gamer765 (2010-07-08)

what bundle works for iphone 3g 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by kidsays View Post
    what bundle works for iphone 3g 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked?
    The one labeled as such in the first post? You still need a patched CommCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Both the entire file and each APN must have a signature. There should be 2 signature checks. One for the carrier.plist file and another for APNs. Here's a test bundle: drop.io 9b7emyf

I can confirm that the 3G IPCC and tethering CommCenter patch works beautifully with the 1.1.1 IPCC. Thank you gamer765. You may have to convert it from patch to bspatch format. That's usually what the Dev Team uses.

gamer765, do you have any idea on how to induce an over-the-air carrier bundle update? Perhaps, we can trick it to install it properly instead of using the carrier testing mode?
    yeah, that was an error on my behalf, I shall convert them to bspatch.
    EDIT: I updated the links with bspatch compatible patches. By the way, you read my mind, I am also looking into that and thinking of ways we can get that working. One way, I think would be to set up a server to emulate iTunes directory and just follow their setup of IPCC's. As for getting it properly installed, it is very easy, all you need is the patched CommCenter already packed into a custom IPSW and convert the IPCC into a PwnageTool bundle. All you have to do is make an IPSW with the T-Mobile bundle which will reside in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ along with the symlinks. I have been doing this all the time with 3.x, I always incorporate the bundle. I have both, a premade PwnageTool bundle by me which works wonderfully, as well as an IPCC for installing separately incase I make a revision to the bundle (I keep both the bundle and IPCC up-to-date as I make changes).
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-08 at 04:00 AM.

yeah, that was an error on my behalf, I shall convert them to bspatch.
    EDIT: I updated the links with bspatch compatible patches. By the way, you read my mind, I am also looking into that and thinking of ways we can get that working. One way, I think would be to set up a server to emulate iTunes directory and just follow their setup of IPCC's. As for getting it properly installed, it is very easy, all you need is the patched CommCenter already packed into a custom IPSW and convert the IPCC into a PwnageTool bundle. All you have to do is make an IPSW with the T-Mobile bundle which will reside in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ along with the symlinks. I have been doing this all the time with 3.x, I always incorporate the bundle. I have both, a premade PwnageTool bundle by me which works wonderfully, as well as an IPCC for installing separately incase I make a revision to the bundle (I keep both the bundle and IPCC up-to-date as I make changes).
    I am aware of how PwnageTool custom bundles work. I've created a tool to generate a bundle that embeds activation, unlock, tethering, ipcc, and a few other patches in the IPSW. It's called CreamSn0w. But, I'm still curious about over-the-air carrier settings. One could create a directory of carrier bundles for all unsupported carriers on the planet.

I'll look into over-the-air carrier updates when im off from work and school.

Does anyone that uses T-Mobile USA have their iPhones set to another language? I'm thinking of adding other localizations to my IPCC (Incase people have their iPhones localized in Spanish or any other language)
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-09 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'll look into over-the-air carrier updates when im off from work and school.

Does anyone that uses T-Mobile USA have their iPhones set to another language? I'm thinking of adding other localizations to my IPCC (Incase people have their iPhones localized in Spanish or any other language)
    I didn't know IPCCs supported localisation. I haven't seen it in any bundles. How do you say 'T-Mobile' in Spanish?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-09 at 12:43 AM.

I didn't know IPCCs supported localisation. I haven't seen it in any bundles. How do you say 'T-Mobile' in Spanish?
    I mean for menu items. Like instead of "View my minutes" which is in English, it can say "Chequear mis minutos" for Spanish folks.

I mean for menu items. Like instead of "View my minutes" which is in English, it can say "Chequear mis minutos" for Spanish folks.
    I doubt half a percent know that menu even exists. You can fork mine into Spanish if you want SpookyET's t-mobile_us_carrier_bundle at master

Sure thing. I'll work on it independently and once I have something done, i'll fork it. After that, it would be nice if other members contributed with their translations in order to try to make it feel as native as possible.

Created English, Spanish, French, German localizations. Will fork once I turn my Linux box on.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-09 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi!

iPhone Model: 3G (iOS4)
    iTunes: 9.2.0.61
    PC OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: T-Mobile Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 2 weeks
    Last Plan Change: 2 weeks ago

Problem: Installed the iOS4 .ipcc as directed from first post (seemed to have worked as I noticed a tethering option appeared), but iTunes still asks to update my carrier settings, even after rebooting both the PC and iPhone 3G.

(Note: Noticed "CommCenter" mentioned in reference to the 2G on the first page, but not for the other phones below it. Is this something I also need to do in order to make iTunes stop trying to update my carrier settings?)

Everything still seems to work as before the .ipcc patch, but all I want to do is make iTunes stop asking to update my carrier settings. It pops up all the time, often behind other windows (almost like it's intentionally hiding to catch me off-guard so I accidentally click it!)
    Last edited by cellstiled; 2010-07-09 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added iTunes and OS info.

Quote Originally Posted by cellstiled View Post
    Hi!

iPhone Model: 3G (iOS4)
    Carrier Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Standard
    Voice Plan: Family
    Data Plan: None
    SMS: T-Mobile Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: 2 weeks
    Last Plan Change: 2 weeks ago

Problem: Installed the iOS4 .ipcc as directed from first post (seemed to have worked as I noticed a tethering option appeared), but iTunes still asks to update my carrier settings, even after rebooting both the PC and iPhone 3G.

(Note: Noticed "CommCenter" mentioned in reference to the 2G on the first page, but not for the other phones below it. Is this something I also need to do in order to make iTunes stop trying to update my carrier settings?)

Everything still seems to work as before the .ipcc patch, but all I want to do is make iTunes stop asking to update my carrier settings. It pops up all the time, often behind other windows (almost like it's intentionally hiding to catch me off-guard so I accidentally click it!)
    You need a patched CommCenter for it to work. Maybe iTunes is trying to update the AT&T carrier bundle. You can check in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support. If it's ATT_US.ipcc, you're ok.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

cellstiled (2010-07-09)

You need a patched CommCenter for it to work. Maybe iTunes is trying to update the AT&T carrier bundle. You can check in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support. If it's ATT_US.ipcc, you're ok.
    Thanks for the reply, SpookyET!

Assume you mean SSH into my phone to check? Never done that before, but guess it's time to educate myself. As for installing a patched CommCenter, where would I find this for my phone? On Cydia?

Lastly, if it's not "ATT_US.ipcc" that I find in the folder you specified above, what should I do?

Sorry for all the basic questions; my search terms seemed to have failed me, and I'm new to all of this

For the CommCenter, you want to use my CommCenter patches over at post with patches. If you find ATT_US.IPCC in that folder, it means it is trying o update the AT&T settings. T-Mobile USA doesn't have carrier updates or over-the-air updates (yet).

Highly appreciate the effort that is being made to get this working.

Going to give it a try and patch up my CommCenter since the first time tried installing the .ipcc nothing happened at all.

Edit: Wow, it went a lot smoother than I expected! I even added my own custom png files into the bundle and they were displayed instantly. Now going to check if tethering works, if it does. I'm all set! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Everything seems to be swell besides not having the "Cellular Data" under the toggle anymore. Therefor I cannot make any kind of edits. Do I have to add something else to the .plist in order to get this working?

Edit 3:

just needed to add the following strings to my plist file in order to see the cellular data network.

<key>ASCIIFileNameRequired</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    <true/>

Again, thanks for everything guys. I really like this .ipcc method way better than having to install a bundle from Cydia. With this, I can save the one that works for me, and just keep it safe.
    Last edited by RaiV3R; 2010-07-10 at 04:35 AM.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

@SpookyET - I don't know how to work with github, so I'm just going to post my IPCC here. Feel free to edit/copy to match yours.

T-Mobile_USA.ipcc

For the CommCenter, you want to use my CommCenter patches over at post with patches. If you find ATT_US.IPCC in that folder, it means it is trying o update the AT&T settings. T-Mobile USA doesn't have carrier updates or over-the-air updates (yet).
    Thanks! Heading out of town for a few days, but will give this a go when I get back.

gamer765; how were you able to update the new 1.1.1 update to a iphone 3G w/ iOS4? I'm trying to update it by using ifunbox but i'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong and to what folders? Also, does this patch update the tmobile services under Settings > Phone > Tmobile Services? I'm missing this i'm hoping it's an easy fix. thanks to anyone that replies!

I updated to SpookyET's 1.1.1 IPCC by using iTunes. The patch patches CommCenter, nothing more.

@SpookyET - I don't know how to work with github, so I'm just going to post my IPCC here. Feel free to edit/copy to match yours.

T-Mobile_USA.ipcc
    You need to know how to use Git, not necessarily Github. Please don't attach IPCCs to this threat. You may share them via private message though. It becomes confusing to users who don't know if they should use the one in the main post or some random one attached to a post. It hasn't been pretty in the past. The IPCC is also broken. It seems to be based of a 3.0 version of AT&T. T-Mobile doesn't have those roaming exception nor that many supported sim cards. Some of the settings in there are not supported by the T-Mobile network.

Have you got a reply from the Dev-Team if they are willing to bundle the patches in the next version of the tools?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can translate the Settings > Phone menu, but I need native speakers with native keyboards that use the iPhone in a different language to volunteer by email. I will reply with a list of phrases to be translated. The language must be supported by iOS4. See Settings > General > International > Language.

I don't want Babelfish translators. I want correct translations with proper grammar, spelling, diacritics, accents, and diction. For example, a literal translation may make no sense in another language. "Customer care" might be "assistance", "customer assistance", "client assistance", or "service assistance" in another language.

Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-22 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast