Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I have sent MuscleNerd the patches as well as how to get the IPCC's to install and currently await his reply/confirmation.
    @Butchiem1 - It is hard to tell if you will be able to patch CommCenter on spirit jailbroken devices without having any race issues since CommCenter starts very early in the boot process and spirit takes over towards the end of bootup. When the jailbreak is released, only then we can find out if that will be possible.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-06 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    No, the fake signature is required only once for the required lipservice to get them working. I made the patch files myself, the originals were patched binaries, but that is illegal to redistribute so that rules out hackint0sh as not being the source. This patches the signature checks and includes a fully working tethering patch. This one actually uses the tethering apn for tethering.
    That's nice. Thank you for your work. Let's get them tested and into the jailbreak tools, and I'll update the iOS4 carrier bundles and release 1.1.1 for testing. You're welcome to review one of the current 1.1.0 carrier bundles in the first post to see if anything else besides the signature is missing. I don't believe the sms_validity_period has any effect on T-Mobile USA. So, I'll take it as the end of the file for the placement.

I must caution you that MuscleNerd doesn't respond much to Twitter messages since he is flooded, I suggest you contact a few of the other iPhone Dev Team members, perhaps @wizdaz or @chpwn. See my list Twitter / @SpookyET/iphone

I have sent MuscleNerd the patches as well as how to get the IPCC's to install and currently await his reply/confirmation.
    @Butchiem1 - It is hard to tell if you will be able to patch CommCenter on spirit jailbroken devices without having any race issues since CommCenter starts very early in the boot process and spirit takes over towards the end of bootup. When the jailbreak is released, only then we can find out if that will be possible.
    You can let the original CommCenter load then use a script unload it then reload the patched one. The user experience is less than desirable, but it will avoid the race condition. Using Mobile Substrate to patch it in memory would be cleaner. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-06 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the sms_validity_period is not needed but was only used to signify it goes towards the end. I currently use my own custom IPCC for T-Mobile with the fake signature and iTunes installs it just fine. I'll try out your IPCC's anyways just to test if your bundles work. I emailed MuscleNerd my patch files so I should get a prompt response when he gets it.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-06 at 05:46 AM.

@Spooky & gamer765 thanks for all this help and I hope that when Spirit does come out, this will work and be any easy install. If not, I hope, SpookyET, you will help me install it.

I can probably try to write a script to make the patching easier for end users by making it automatically unload, backup, and apply the patch file then reload the CommCenter.

@Gamer765- that would be great. I can't believe all this just to receive pictures on tmobile

I can probably try to write a script to make the patching easier for end users by making it automatically unload, backup, and apply the patch file then reload the CommCenter.
    My user experience comment was referring to something else. If you unload then reload CommCenter, SpringBoard will show up very quickly and the phone will show 'Searching...' while trying to acquire a GSM signal in about 90 seconds.

Yes, but I meant a more permanent patch for when a low level jailbreak is released rather than a userland jailbreak. Your suggestion also works for userland jailbroken devices and I shall attempt to make a script for that when I have the time. I start work tomorrow and classes start the following week so it should be very busy for me, but i'll try to make time.

Yes, but I meant a more permanent patch for when a low level jailbreak is released rather than a userland jailbreak. Your suggestion also works for userland jailbroken devices and I shall attempt to make a script for that when I have the time. I start work tomorrow and classes start the following week so it should be very busy for me, but i'll try to make time.
    There is already an example in the patched blacksn0w for 3.1.3 http://msftguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/...0w-on-313.html in cydia.pushfix.info. I don't like it though mainly because it takes a very long time to acquire a signal. It reminds me of the experience of the crap SIM proxies back in the day.

those SIM proxies were crap. Lost signal every now and then. Good thing they are dead for good. I'll look into convenient ways of getting CommCenter unloaded then reloaded. In the meantime, it won't be necessary since spirit for iOS 4.0 is not released yet and those jailbroken on iOS 4.0 already can use the direct patch instead of detouring.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-06 at 06:21 AM.

I have updated the iOS4 bundles with fake signatures. They should work provided the patch is applied. Let me know.

@SpookyET do we know when spirit is coming out?

And where are the new carrier bundles with fake signatures, are they posted here
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 2010-07-06 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET do we know when spirit is coming out?

And where are the new carrier bundles with fake signatures, are they posted here
    I can only give that irritating answer, 'When it's ready!'

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I can only give that irritating answer, 'When it's ready!'
    OK, I can live with that answer ;-) I just thought you might have an 'Inside Scoop'

also where are the new iOS4 carrier bundles you created, can you send them to me
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 2010-07-06 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    OK, I can live with that answer ;-) I just thought you might have an 'Inside Scoop'

also where are the new iOS4 carrier bundles you created, can you send them to me
    The link is in the first post.

I have also made a Tele2 Sweden carrier bundle for iOS4 at the request of someone. tele2_se_ios4_1.0.1.ipcc.zip
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-07 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont know if it's me or your IPCC bundles, but I cant install version 1.1.1, iTunes gives me an error when trying to update to your IPCC. I even removed my custom IPCC files from my phone and even then it wont install. I'll unzip your IPCC and look through the contents later.

I dont know if it's me or your IPCC bundles, but I cant install version 1.1.1, iTunes gives me an error when trying to update to your IPCC. I even removed my custom IPCC files from my phone and even then it wont install. I'll unzip your IPCC and look through the contents later.
    Did you unzip it? There are 8 carrier bundles in there. Perhaps, I should take ipcc out of the name.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-07 at 01:14 AM.

yeah, that was probably why. I saw that it had IPCC in the name and assumed that my web browser had auto added the zip extension.

Yeah, it installs fine. Upon revising your carrier.plist, i see that you added fake signatures after every apn. Although it doesnt affect whether it will work or not, I think it's better to just keep one fake signature at the end. Tethering menu shows up. Everything works. Good job.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-07 at 01:48 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gamer765 For This Useful Post:

SpookyET (2010-07-07)

yeah, that was probably why. I saw that it had IPCC in the name and assumed that my web browser had auto added the zip extension.

Yeah, it installs fine. Upon revising your carrier.plist, i see that you added fake signatures after every apn. Although it doesnt affect whether it will work or not, I think it's better to just keep one fake signature at the end. Tethering menu shows up. Everything works. Good job.
    I think it's better to have it as close as possible to an Apple carrier bundle. Though your patch does not require fake APN signatures, maybe, a future patch by someone else will, or the iPhone 4 patch will. If there is no detrimental effect, I would rather keep them.

I'm glad everything works. Thank you.

Fair enough. Since the APN's already have fake signatures on them, I think it would be safe to remove the final fake signature. Try uploading a test IPCC for me to test.

Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast