Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #1441
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3g210 View Post
    Yes it was a T-Mobile fluke that started this mourning, but late this evening things are back to normal here in San Antonio, no more low res pictures...
    And for the sinful crap, it's just spookys bundles renamed....
    Thanks for the confirmation.

    The bundles are exclusive to MMi. I don't know anything about the sinful repo. I was not contacted nor have I given permission for the bundles to be published elsewhere. As such, I will not support them.

  2. #1442
    @SpookyET - I hear that Spirit is coming out with a jailbreak, If and when it comes out, and I use it, will I be able to then apply your carrier bundles?

  3. #1443
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - I hear that Spirit is coming out with a jailbreak, If and when it comes out, and I use it, will I be able to then apply your carrier bundles?
    If Spirit patches CommCenter to permit the application of unsigned carrier bundles, yes; otherwise, no.

  4. #1444
    @SpookyET - how will I know if it patches commcenter

  5. #1445
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - how will I know if it patches commcenter
    If the bundle works, it has been patched.

  6. #1446
    @SpookyET - so I just jailbreak then I do a shift update and install the carrier bundles you created

  7. #1447
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - so I just jailbreak then I do a shift update and install the carrier bundles you created
    Yes, just install the iOS4 bundles. iOS3 bundles will not work on iOS4.

  8. #1448
    Default CommCenter 3G/3GS Patches
    wortel has previously patched the 3G and 3GS binaries, but since sharing copyrighted code is illegal, I have made patches for both the 3G and 3GS CommCenters for iOS 4.0. With this, custom IPCC's can be installed via iTunes. In order for custom IPCC's to work, you need to add the following to your carrier.plist

    <key>signature</key>
    <data>
    thisisafakesignaturethisisafakesignature
    </data>

    before sms_validity_period key.

    Patch with bspatch.

    After applying the patch, verify that your CommCenter's SHA1 values match the ones below:

    3G: ec77e8474068821bbb110b6b228890e90431dbf9
    3GS: 45521eb9438ee847edb27361970d121a8fbb045d
    After verifying, place the patched CommCenter in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support. Remember to make a backup. Then chmod +x CommCenter. Finally reboot.

    If you do not wish to reboot your device, do the following before replacing CommCenter with the patched one.
    1. launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    2. Replace CommCenter with patched CommCenter. Remember to make a backup.
    3. chmod +x CommCenter
    4. launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mtnlmwmdmdj

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-10 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Converted patch files to different format

  9. #1449
    But still needs to be jailbroken first, of course.

    @SpookyET does this really work? If the commcenter isn't patched do I need to edit like I see above

  10. #1450
    You must have a patched CommCenter for custom carrier bundles to work. The extra stuff that is added is required because you must have at least some sort of fake signature in order for it to work, this is the way iOS 4.0 works now. Signature checking is patched but you still need to pay lipservice for it to work. The fake signature also allows iTunes to install the IPCC.

  11. #1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    But still needs to be jailbroken first, of course.

    @SpookyET does this really work? If the commcenter isn't patched do I need to edit like I see above
    You have to jailbreak. It will be embedded in Redsn0w/PwnageTool/Spirit soon enough if the patch is stable. It's up to you if you want to wait or not.

  12. #1452
    If people wish, I will contact MuscleNerd with the patches and get a confirmation from him.

  13. #1453
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    wortel has previously patched the 3G and 3GS binaries, but since sharing copyrighted code is illegal, I have made patches for both the 3G and 3GS CommCenters for iOS 4.0. With this, custom IPCC's can be installed via iTunes. In order for custom IPCC's to work, you need to add the following to your carrier.plist

    <key>signature</key>
    <data>
    thisisafakesignaturethisisafakesignature
    </data>

    before sms_validity_period key.

    After applying the patch, verify that your CommCenter's SHA1 values match the ones below:



    After verifying, place the patched CommCenter in /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support. Remember to make a backup. Then chmod +x CommCenter. Finally reboot.

    If you do not wish to reboot your device, do the following before replacing CommCenter with the patched one.
    1. launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    2. Replace CommCenter with patched CommCenter. Remember to make a backup.
    3. chmod +x CommCenter
    4. launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    Download
    CommCenterPatched.zip

    Enjoy!
    Thank you. Did you acquire this from the Hackint0sh forum? Does this also include the tethering patch? I did see a 3.1.2-based patch for iOS4 at Hackint0sh. It makes it use the Internet instead of tethering APN.

    Apple's carrier bundles have a couple of signatures. There is a signature for each APN and also one for the entire file. Is the fake signature tag required for each?

  14. #1454
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    You have to jailbreak. It will be embedded in Redsn0w/PwnageTool/Spirit soon enough if the patch is stable. It's up to you if you want to wait or not.
    @SpookyET - of course I'm gonna wait since there is no jailbreak yet. As for the other stuff I'm reading, will I have to do that?

  15. #1455
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - of course I'm gonna wait since there is no jailbreak yet. As for the other stuff I'm reading, will I have to do that?
    Do you have an iPhone 4? If yes, you also have to wait for the patch, not just the jailbreak. It may take a while. Please read the first post on how to ask for help.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-07-06 at 05:11 AM.

  16. #1456
    No, the fake signature is required only once for the required lipservice to get them working. I made the patch files myself, the originals were patched binaries, but that is illegal to redistribute so that rules out hackint0sh as not being the source. This patches the signature checks and includes a fully working tethering patch. This one actually uses the tethering apn for tethering.
    Last edited by gamer765; 2010-07-06 at 05:08 AM.

  17. #1457
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer765 View Post
    If people wish, I will contact MuscleNerd with the patches and get a confirmation from him.
    Please contact him if you have his email address. This is the tethering patch. tethering on iOS4 - Hackint0sh

  18. #1458
    @SpookyET - we've spoken for a while now, I have a 3GS (new bootrom) that has iOS 4 installed, legally unlocked, everything works except receiving pic messages

  19. #1459
    Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    @SpookyET - we've spoken for a while now, I have a 3GS (new bootrom) that has iOS 4 installed, legally unlocked, everything works except receiving pic messages
    Sorry, I didn't read your name, just the content of the post. I apologise. I haven't slept in 2 days. I barely remember my own name.

  20. #1460
    @SpookyET- I understand, not to be a pain, if the commcenter is patched in spirit can I just jailbreak and install your custom ipcc, then I'll let you get some sleep

Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •