Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I saw that. Thank you. I appreciate it. Very few people have done so. I can count them on fingers. Naturally, they are the ones who get my attention and receive test IPCCs first if they request them and paragraphs of help instead of one liners.

Are you sure your phone is factory unlocked? Is it from New Zealand, Australia? Why would a non-jailbroken phone accept unsigned carrier settings. Makes no sense.
    It was my pleasure, you help us, you deserve some compensation.

My phone is 100% unlocked, I only buy them that way and the ipcc definetly worked before, I wish there was some way to try it with an updated ipcc for iOS4.

How come other people are saying the settings are working???? I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by icantthinkofanick View Post
    I havent ever jailbroken the european unlocked iPhone 3G I'm using on tmobile, but I've used ipcc files similar to the ones on the first page.

When I updated my iPhone to ios4 I noticed mms was gone. All I did was manually go to the network settings and key in the settings under reference on the first page.

Mms looks and is working fine?

Agh I guess I can send just have problems receiving.

I stand corrected
    I know what I'm saying. The carrier bundle does more than populate APNs and MMS settings.

Send me an email to send you test bundles. Maybe, they work on factory unlocked phones for non-official carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Butchiem1 View Post
    It was my pleasure, you help us, you deserve some compensation.

My phone is 100% unlocked, I only buy them that way and the ipcc definetly worked before, I wish there was some way to try it with an updated ipcc for iOS4.

How come other people are saying the settings are working???? I dont get it
    Some said that they input some settings in Cellular Data Network menu and that it's working. Then they correct themselves when they can't receive MMS and can't tether. Bundles do more than populate the APNs.

I sent you an email with test bundles.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————— —

Everyone, there are problems with Gmail push. It ain’t working, bro! Google Sync and iOS4 (iPhone OS 4) not working well? - Gmail Help So, don't despair if I don't respond to emails fast since I don't get notified and must check manually.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-06-23 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For all those waiting:

I created a new IPSW with the official Pwnage and restored. Set up as a new iPhone (which sucked, losing all my texts). Activated, unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.93, etc. Installed the IPSW, rebooted. No MMS settings. Removed files suggested by Spooky. Re-installed the IPCC, rebooted. No MMS settings.

Seems like ultrasn0w is not cancelling out the sig-check on IPCCs. I'm wondering what the heck musclenerd was talking about?

Default MMS iPhone 3G iOS4
    I'm on T-mobile USA. Since 3.0 I haven't been able to have MMS working. I still have the T-zones internet plan for $5.99, I don't know if that has something to do with the MMS settings because since 3.0 I have been left out without MMS which i really need now. Any Help appreciated. I don't know if I have to upgrade my internet service to the $9.99??

I know what I'm saying. The carrier bundle does more than populate APNs and MMS settings.

Send me an email to send you test bundles. Maybe, they work on factory unlocked phones for non-official carriers.

Some said that they input some settings in Cellular Data Network menu and that it's working. Then they correct themselves when they can't receive MMS and can't tether. Bundles do more than populate the APNs.

I sent you an email with test bundles.
    Got the test bundles, (I always wanted to help with iPhone tests and stuff) tested the 04 legacy, but didnt work, now im wondering if there is something wrong with my USB jack on my desktop computer,(its noticing the iphone, but when plugging in other things im getting an error) so I am updating to Itunes 9.2 on my laptop and will try again there when its done. Just figured I'd update you.

well I tried another computer with the 04 legacy ipcc and it doesnt work, should I jailbreak my phone, will the ipcc work if I jailbreak? if so, can you give me a walk through for a clean jailbreak.

Thanks
    Last edited by Butchiem1; 2010-06-23 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@n1c3jack3t Dev Team is composed of many people that each do their own speciality. There may be break down in communication. They are cutting corners in quality by rushing releases to avoid a flood of whiners that want everything 1 minute after they downloaded iOS4.

@Butchiem1 iOS4 needs the latest iTunes 9.2. You should not get errors after you update. Don't jailbrake yet.

@Butchiem1 iOS4 needs the latest iTunes 9.2. You should not get errors after you update. Don't jailbrake yet.
    no, you misunderstood, I wasnt getting any errors after updating, it was something with my computer itself.

Do you think there will be a fix without having to jailbrake?

I just got off the phone with tmobile and I crack up when the first thing they tell you is to "go to the Cydia Icon"

Anyway Thanks for your help, and please, keep me in mind when there is a fix. Also if you need help, let me know, i'll do what I can.

no, you misunderstood, I wasnt getting any errors after updating, it was something with my computer itself.

Do you think there will be a fix without having to jailbrake?

I just got off the phone with tmobile and I crack up when the first thing they tell you is to "go to the Cydia Icon"

Anyway Thanks for your help, and please, keep me in mind when there is a fix. Also if you need help, let me know, i'll do what I can.
    T-Mobile support can't help you. They expect me to help you. The stuff in the 'Cydia icon' is made by me. I have to lie to the T-Mobile network by saying it's a SonyEricsson for an iPhone to receive MMS. T-Mobile support can only read a script for you. They don't know anything.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

oneblessedguy (2010-06-23)

T-Mobile support can't help you. They expect me to help you. The stuff in the 'Cydia icon' is made by me. I have to lie to the T-Mobile network by saying it's a SonyEricsson for an iPhone to receive MMS. T-Mobile support can only read a script for you. They don't know anything.
    Oh exactly my point, thats why its hilarious.

Thanks again, and dont forget me, when you finally figure this out 9as I know you will)

Spooky
    If you need any prepaid bundles tested let me know. I have a iPhone 3G that was on iOS 4 but then I downgraded to 3.1.2 to get MMS working again. So I'm on 05.13.04bb using ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock to use US tmobile prepaid for the unlimited text plan.

Also I'm am not afraid to do fresh restores to any firmware using any tool on Mac or Windows. And I'll be happy to donate again when I get paid Thursday.

@kmmxracer Endless restores may be the norm for a while. Last night, a new redsn0w beta that fixes issues with iBooks not working on jailbroken phones. PwnageTool suffers from same problem, yet it's not labeled as beta. In the past, the tools used to come out a week or two after release, and they were relatively bug free. Now, not so much. Hopefully, the IPCC issue gets fixed as well. Thanks for the support.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Butchiem1 (2010-06-23), oneblessedguy (2010-06-23)

@kmmxracer Endless restores may be the norm for a while. Last night, a new redsn0w beta that fixes issues with iBooks not working on jailbroken phones. PwnageTool suffers from same problem, yet it's not labeled as beta. In the past, the tools used to come out a week or two after release, and they were relatively bug free. Now, not so much. Hopefully, the IPCC issue gets fixed as well. Thanks for the support.
    how can I restore back to 3.1.2 using a windows xp system

how can I restore back to 3.1.2 using a windows xp system
    You have a 3G, right? Get the appropriate firmware from iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From, put phone in iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode and restore. By, the way, you can restore to 3.1.3, not 3.1.2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

oneblessedguy (2010-06-23)

You have a 3G, right? Get the appropriate firmware from iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From, put phone in iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode and restore. By, the way, you can restore to 3.1.3, not 3.1.2.

Actually I have a 3GS, after I restore, then I would use the backup I had from before I upgraded to the iOS4, everything should come back to normal. would my carrier settings revert back to the old way when I had 3.1.2 on my phone?

Also, why cant I revert to 3.1.2 since that is what I had before?

@SpookyET I came across this post in the hackint0sh forums, I know it's not the correct way to do it (forum link) but for now he is using this method as a temporary solutions but I did come across others trying to figure out the carrier.plist signing issue, I hope it can be resolved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by alpineflip View Post
    @SpookyET I came across this post in the hackint0sh forums, I know it's not the correct way to do it (forum link) but for now he is using this method as a temporary solutions but I did come across others trying to figure out the carrier.plist signing issue, I hope it can be resolved soon!
    Doesn't work for me. The override plist is just overwritten again once the phone is rebooted. I believe that fix may have been more geared toward 3.1.3.

Actually I have a 3GS, after I restore, then I would use the backup I had from before I upgraded to the iOS4, everything should come back to normal. would my carrier settings revert back to the old way when I had 3.1.2 on my phone?

Also, why cant I revert to 3.1.2 since that is what I had before?
    The reason why I gave you the bundles in the email is so you can test the iOS3 bundles with your unlocked 3.1.2. I also gave you the iOS4 test bundles so you won't have to wait for another email from me when it finally works.

Why did you upgrade to iOS4? When you've brought the upgrade subject before, I have have asked you to wait. According to Downgrade iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 to 3.1.3 with Cydia SHSH, you are stuck with iOS4 because you've never jail-broken and you don't have the SHSH.

Now, you'll have to wait for things to start working again iOS4. I ask everyone to please not be impatient.

SpookyET, I have an idea. You're aware of the sites that auto-generate carrier bundles and then install them to your iPhone, right? Well why not make a simple, dinky little site where you answer one or two questions about your data plan and phone model and it installs the bundle to your phone right through Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    SpookyET, I have an idea. You're aware of the sites that auto-generate carrier bundles and then install them to your iPhone, right? Well why not make a simple, dinky little site where you answer one or two questions about your data plan and phone model and it installs the bundle to your phone right through Safari?
    They are not carrier bundles but mobileconfig files targeted at corporation for one tap configuration for custom VPN, custom APN, security rules, etc., which support less settings than a carrier bundle. They are very limiting. In short, I can not set carrier icons nor fix MMS with them.

Everyone, I have created a memorable, short URL (case sensitive) for this thread that takes you to the main page: http://j.mp/TmoUSA
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2010-06-24 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In short, I can not set carrier icons nor fix MMS with them.
    I don't use either of those functions, and 2G owners are the only ones left that need MMS fixed and they don't even get 4.0. Setting carrier icons is just something cosmetic. If these are the only two restrictions with the mobileconfig Safari installations, then I would take ease-of-installation over a cutesy carrier logo any day.

Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast