Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Uninstall any old bundles you have from Cydia. Then search for "Legacy" on Cydia. Install. Then go to settings - general - reset - reset network settings.
    I tried doing that but the only One I see is that Legacy Cydia pack then when I reset network settings it reverts to wap.voicestream.com and I get nothing. Any Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic916 View Post
    I tried doing that but the only One I see is that Legacy Cydia pack then when I reset network settings it reverts to wap.voicestream.com and I get nothing. Any Suggestions?
    Have you installed both from Cydia and IPPC?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Have you installed both from Cydia and IPPC?
    I got no Idea what IPPC is so no. So what is it? And how do I get it?

Update! I changed my APN to Internet2.voicestream.com and I got edge back AND I can receive pictures.But when I try to send pix it hangs up almost all the way it but fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic916 View Post
    I got no Idea what IPPC is so no. So what is it? And how do I get it?

Update! I changed my APN to Internet2.voicestream.com and I got edge back AND I can receive pictures.But when I try to send pix it hangs up almost all the way it but fails.
    If you had read the first post, you would have know what IPCC is. There are two methods of installation. You choose one or the other, not both.

so after a bit of searching i finally figured out how to get EDGE to work on my 2G 3.1.3 iphone, but now i can't figure out how to get mms to work on it. anyone know how to do this??

I have 2 iPhones right now one is a 2g for my wife and the other is a 3g for me. Both are running 3.1.3, is there anyway that maybe the ippc file from AT&T would work and allow us to change the mms settings to use tmobile? I'm sorry I am new to all of this but my wife wants to keep 3.1.3 on her iPhone cause she has everything setup just the way she wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    I have 2 iPhones right now one is a 2g for my wife and the other is a 3g for me. Both are running 3.1.3, is there anyway that maybe the ippc file from AT&T would work and allow us to change the mms settings to use tmobile? I'm sorry I am new to all of this but my wife wants to keep 3.1.3 on her iPhone cause she has everything setup just the way she wants it.
    Carrier settings are SIM card dependent. AT&T settings will not be activated with a T-Mobile SIM. My bundles work with 3.1.3.

Thank you for you reply. I talked my wife into letting me reload 3.1.2, however my phone is still using 3.1.3, do I just load the ippc file then from this thread? My phone is a 3g not a 3gs. I really appreciate you help and all the work you have put into making this work.

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    Thank you for you reply. I talked my wife into letting me reload 3.1.2, however my phone is still using 3.1.3, do I just load the ippc file then from this thread? My phone is a 3g not a 3gs. I really appreciate you help and all the work you have put into making this work.
    It works with 3.1.3. There is no need to reload 3.1.2. You should really read the first post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok So I posted here recently and was confused so I opted to start over. I just restored my iPhone 3G back to original setting and Unlocked and Jailbroke using Black Ra1n. I am on 3.1.2 I have NOT installed ANYTHING Within Cydia I just installed Cydia Rock and Sn0w from within Black Ra1n. My Current Settings in Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network are:

Cellular Data Network:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

MMS:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.59:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Currently I have my edge functioning and my MMS Gives Error: The Media Content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.

And When I send it appears to go through.

Which is opposite of the issue I had before where I could recieve and not send.

Thanks
    Unhappy Enable Tethering not working after Firmware 3.1.3 App spoof
    iPhone: 3G - 3.1.2
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 700/myFaves
    Data Plan: T-Mobile 9.99 Web2Go unlim.
    SMS: T-Mobile Family unlimited 9.99
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs.
    Last Plan Change: 18 mos.
    Problem:
    I have used the first post instructions here for some time to successfully enable tethering on my 3G running 3.1.2. Since App Store apps have been demanding 3.1.3 lately, I decided to benefit from BigBoss's Firmware 3.1.3 App that spoofs 3.1.3 (by changing some .plist).

Recently, I had to restore my phone and after adding the spoof app, I could not install the "Enable tethering" hack because of the "3.1.2" dependency. So I switched the spoof back to 3.1.2. Same error on "Enable Tethering...". So I uninstalled the spoof. Same error on "Enable Tethering...". Each time I reset network settings, etc. and reboot.

Any help on how to get tethering back on my 3G 3.1.2 (3.1.3 spoofed), and why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofray View Post
    iPhone: 3G - 3.1.2
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 700/myFaves
    Data Plan: T-Mobile 9.99 Web2Go unlim.
    SMS: T-Mobile Family unlimited 9.99
    Time with T-Mobile: 4 yrs.
    Last Plan Change: 18 mos.
    Problem:
    I have used the first post instructions here for some time to successfully enable tethering on my 3G running 3.1.2. Since App Store apps have been demanding 3.1.3 lately, I decided to benefit from BigBoss's Firmware 3.1.3 App that spoofs 3.1.3 (by changing some .plist).

Recently, I had to restore my phone and after adding the spoof app, I could not install the "Enable tethering" hack because of the "3.1.2" dependency. So I switched the spoof back to 3.1.2. Same error on "Enable Tethering...". So I uninstalled the spoof. Same error on "Enable Tethering...". Each time I reset network settings, etc. and reboot.

Any help on how to get tethering back on my 3G 3.1.2 (3.1.3 spoofed), and why this is happening?
    I don't know. I've never used the spoof app. Tethering patches for 3.1.3 have been released. I'm using real 3.1.3 with no problems.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This rewuires 3.1.2z sooo spoof it back to 3.1.2. Install this and all your 3.1.2 apps. Then to same for 3.1.3 Apple Store apps. Then back to 3.1.2 for any Cydia stuff. Updating a Cydia app with 3.1.3 spoofed will automatically try to uninstall this as it requires 3.1.2. A pain in the neck, bit it works.

Oops: I could be mistaken if this was updated for 3.1.2. It used to work this way
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-06-03 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    I don't know. I've never used the spoof app. Tethering patches for 3.1.3 have been released. I'm using real 3.1.3 with no problems.
    Thanks, Spooky. I've Googled my brains out looking for other tethering patches for 3G (3.1.2 and 3.1.3). I've searched these forums as well. All I find are numerous directions to various international websites for a patched file download and lots of comments saying it doesn't work.

Can you tell me what you had success with?

Thanks, Spooky. I've Googled my brains out looking for other tethering patches for 3G (3.1.2 and 3.1.3). I've searched these forums as well. All I find are numerous directions to various international websites for a patched file download and lots of comments saying it doesn't work.

Can you tell me what you had success with?
    I can give you the patch CommCenter for a 3G, which is what you have. I don't have one for 3GS yet since nobody bothered to give me a clean one to patch. You can find the patched CommCenter in tethering_3g_3.1.3.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage but it's up to you to install it properly.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

sonofray (2010-06-03)

Thanks
    I can give you the patch CommCenter for a 3G, which is what you have. I don't have one for 3GS yet since nobody bothered to give me a clean one to patch. You can find the patched CommCenter in tethering_3g_3.1.3.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage but it's up to you to install it properly.
    The .plist just changes the CommCenter's owner/group to root/wheel and permissions to 755, correct? (I'm going to SSH and do that manually)

Thank you, Obi-Spook.

The .plist just changes the CommCenter's owner/group to root/wheel and permissions to 755, correct? (I'm going to SSH and do that manually)

Thank you, Obi-Spook.
    Yep, but on 3.1.3 only. Don't use it with 3.1.2.

I can do the same for a 3GS if anyone bothers to copy a clean CommCenter off his phone for me.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

sonofray (2010-06-04)

Thanks
    Yep, but on 3.1.3 only. Don't use it with 3.1.2.

I can do the same for a 3GS if anyone bothers to copy a clean CommCenter off his phone for me.
    Last question (probably):

Is it better to apply one of your carrier bundles (this thread) BEFORE or AFTER this type of manual CommCenter patch?

Thanks again. As your padawan, I will pass on your oh-so-valuable info at every opportunity.

Last question (probably):

Is it better to apply one of your carrier bundles (this thread) BEFORE or AFTER this type of manual CommCenter patch?

Thanks again. As your padawan, I will pass on your oh-so-valuable info at every opportunity.
    Before or after. It doesn't matter.

I have a AT&T 3GS running 3.1.3 Spirit JB.
    Do you still need clean CommCenter?
    If so I PM'd you a link to mine.

Page 65 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast