Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnFaZeD View Post
    hey guys, i have a 3.1.3 2g iphone jailbroken and unlocked (with redsn0w) and i was wondering if i was capable of getting edge to work on my phone because it is not working at all for me...

What's your data plan

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothbutta View Post
    iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Anytime 700
    Data Plan: T-Zones
    SMS: Pay per message
    Time with T-Mobile: 10 years
    Last Plan Change: 2 years ago
    Problem: MMS works fine. Tethering is visible on the phone and I can turn it on. It connects to the computer and looks like it is working on the iphone, but the network connections on the computer show local access only...no internet. I have tried all of the profiles and the different APNs with no success. I am currently on the Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle.

Anyone else seen this problem or have a solution? I was hoping someone had success using a 2G for tethering. Thanks.

Smoothbutta
    Uninstall any previous fixes/bundles. Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid TZones" and download it. Then go to settings - general - reset - reset network settings
    Last edited by adp; 2010-05-15 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Smoothbutta (2010-05-16)

Would anyone care to copy a clean (non-patched) CommCenter via SSH from a 3.1.3 firmware and send it to me? I need both 3G/3GS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    What's your data plan

Uninstall any previous fixes/bundles. Go to cydia and search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid TZones" and download it. Then go to settings - general - reset - reset network settings
    adp,

Thanks. I had already tried the tzones bundle, but when you mentioned removing previous fixes/bugs, it reminded me that I still had PDANet installed on the phone. I uninstalled and it works perfectly. I am tethered sending this message. Thanks again.

Smoothbutta.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    All you had to do was download the "Legacy" carrier bundle in the front page to get it to work. Now you're paying $10/month more for a data plan which will give you the same exact speed and limit.
    everyone keeps talking about this legacy bundle when i cannot find it ANYWHERE...got a cydia url for it since it's not showing up on cydia's app list?

Stop pimping the legacy bundle. You’ll cry when it stops working due to a massive amount of freeloaders.

I got my mms working now sending/receiving by removing all bundles I had installed and manually setting up the settings myself on 3.1.3 n/m about the legacy. if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Quote Originally Posted by DR TORQUENSTEIN View Post
    I got my mms working now sending/receiving by removing all bundles I had installed and manually setting up the settings myself on 3.1.3 n/m about the legacy. if it ain't broke, don't fix it
    Have you patched your 3.1.3 CommCenter? If not, please SSH-in, copy it, send it to me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Have you patched your 3.1.3 CommCenter? If not, please SSH-in, copy it, send it to me. Thanks.
    not that I'm aware of? I'm new to iPhones...just got mine yesterday. My phone is unlocked/jailbroken, so I don't know? link me to a tutorial on how to do it and ill be happy to help you.

Nevermind. It’s complicated. It requires command line usage. I’m hoping a person with a 3G and a 3GS who knows how to use the command line and SSH/SCP could archive a clean CommCenter and send it to me.

alright then...i have 12 years in the computer industry with about 10 certs and a degree in network engineering...i can follow ANY tutorial if you need me to do it, let me know.

Here’s a tutorial. Enable Tethering on iPhone 3G 3GS 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie
    I don’t need you to patch it. Follow the download part. Don’t apply those patches to a 3.1.3. You’ll brick your phone. They are for 3.1.2.

WARNING: If you do something wrong, you’ll brick your phone and will have to restore.

ok, these instructions are for a mac it seems...got anything for a pc? I don't use mac.

ok, these instructions are for a mac it seems...got anything for a pc? I don't use mac.
    Itís the same thing to download the file. Just use a Windows client. The most popular FTP client should also support SSH/SCP.

Itís the same thing to download the file. Just use a Windows client. The most popular FTP client should also support SSH/SCP.
    ok man, i've copied the file to my desktop...do you want me to host it somewhere and pm you the link, or just email it to you?

ok man, i've copied the file to my desktop...do you want me to host it somewhere and pm you the link, or just email it to you?
    Either method is good. I just hope itís clean and you didnít waste your time. Are you on 3G or 3GS?
    spookyet at gmail dot com.

Either method is good. I just hope itís clean and you didnít waste your time. Are you on 3G or 3GS?
    file sent. should be there within a matter of minutes. it's no sweat man, i needed to get openssh working anyway for a few other mods I planned on doing

Iíve got it. Itís a 3G CommCenter. I patched it for tethering. It was clean. Only one way to find if it works. I need to create a custom firmware and flash 3.1.3 it. It will not work with Spirit Jailbreak, only PwnageTool.

f2c11dd135937162b79b142905eeba50b5b344b8 CommCenter-3G-Original
    de67fc7b866890cb3e3d5ff520f21a3e7f6682ef CommCenter-3G-Patched

Thank you.

Now, I need a 3GS CommCenter.

awesome, glad i could help man. if i get a 3gs anytime soon, I will do the same for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iPhone: 3G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: See Below
    Data Plan:
    SMS:
    Time with T-Mobile: 22 Months
    Last Plan Change: 2 months ago
    Problem: My MMS doesn't seem to want to work right. I had my Edge working but while messing with settings I killed that too. I am Running 3.1.2 Black Ra1n JB Unlock Tmobile. I cant send or receive it tries to send then fails. I DO have the camera button. But will not send or recieve.

Current settings:

APN: epc.tmobile.com

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    UAProf: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

And I also searched Legacy and installed the first tmobile legacy package.

I had everything working a week ago but I had to restore my phone after almost a year of use because it was taking almost 15 Seconds to light up after I hit the Home or Power button. And it was constantly saying No Service.

Since then it has been giving me problems. I appreciate all the help.

Your current plan and services
    Even More for Families 750 Talk with FlexPay
    750 Whenever minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes
    Services
    Unlimited Domestic Messages for Families with FlexPay
    Unlimited Web for phones with FlexPay

Phone on File is Moto ROKR

Thanks

Uninstall any old bundles you have from Cydia. Then search for "Legacy" on Cydia. Install. Then go to settings - general - reset - reset network settings.

@SpookyET - The fact that people download the bundle won't increase T-mobile's knowledge of people being on the $10 plan. You can activate data by manually entering the internet2 APN in cellular data settings. I just link users to it because I don't feel like giving them all the manual input info.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Page 64 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast