Page 59 of 103 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #1161
    iPhone: 3G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Unlimited Talk/Text
    Data Plan: $5.99 TZones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages (Buddy Time)
    Time with T-Mobile: 6+ years
    Last Plan Change: 2 years
    Problem: Missing Cellular Data Network option

    First off, I must acknowledge my n00b-ness and point out that I have done my research - but more importantly I want to send MASSIVE thanks to Spook, Lecram and everyone who have posted some GREAT info here.

    I have two phones, one 2g that worked fine with the instructions, and another 3g that isn't working b/c the Cellular Data Network setting simply won't show.

    I know it's generally considered a no-no to manually edit the .plist files but I wanted to see if maybe they weren't being overwritten on the phone, so I SSH'd in and the setting to enable Edge editing was set to "true".

    Of course, hitting the "reset settings" button isn't an option because it's simply not there.

    Being n00by and all I really didn't want to post and bug u guys on this one but I'm at my wits end.

    Things u should know: this is a brand new 3g, blackra1n'd, followed your instructions to the t...

    One last thing - is there a thread dedicated to the 2g Bluetooth / tethering / MMS app? I'd really like to know more about setting up Bluetooth profiles, etc. but can't seem to find anything...

    Donation is coming once I get home, and THANK YOU for your amazing help!

  2. #1162
    Just to comfirm, please don't flip out if this is already obvious from the first post, but installing one of these will allow me to send/recieve MMS and stream music over Bluetooth and use Internet tethering on a 2G phone, correct?

    Also, is the "cydia.iphonemod.com.br" link not working for anyone else when entered in cydia/rock? I've tried it numerous times tonight with no luck... The "pushfix" one works though... Anyone else having this problem?

  3. #1163
    Well, I'm actually also having problems installing the "cydia.iphonemod.com.br" link. I also believe pushfix keeps coming up with these errors when i load up Cydia

  4. #1164
    Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    Just to comfirm, please don't flip out if this is already obvious from the first post, but installing one of these will allow me to send/recieve MMS and stream music over Bluetooth and use Internet tethering on a 2G phone, correct?

    Also, is the "cydia.iphonemod.com.br" link not working for anyone else when entered in cydia/rock? I've tried it numerous times tonight with no luck... The "pushfix" one works though... Anyone else having this problem?
    Just take the time to read and take the information for face value.

    If it says it will do it, it will. And it's not one of these. One is a patch, the others are carrier bundles: You need both.

    Unfortunately, I do not control the iphonemod repo. And yes it is down. I knew I should have grabbed the debs quite a while back. Once it's back up, I'll grab the debs and see if we can get them on ModMyi.

    Quote Originally Posted by slowspin View Post
    iPhone: 3G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Prepaid/Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Unlimited Talk/Text
    Data Plan: $5.99 TZones
    SMS: Unlimited Messages (Buddy Time)
    Time with T-Mobile: 6+ years
    Last Plan Change: 2 years
    Problem: Missing Cellular Data Network option

    First off, I must acknowledge my n00b-ness and point out that I have done my research - but more importantly I want to send MASSIVE thanks to Spook, Lecram and everyone who have posted some GREAT info here.

    I have two phones, one 2g that worked fine with the instructions, and another 3g that isn't working b/c the Cellular Data Network setting simply won't show.

    I know it's generally considered a no-no to manually edit the .plist files but I wanted to see if maybe they weren't being overwritten on the phone, so I SSH'd in and the setting to enable Edge editing was set to "true".

    Of course, hitting the "reset settings" button isn't an option because it's simply not there.

    Being n00by and all I really didn't want to post and bug u guys on this one but I'm at my wits end.

    Things u should know: this is a brand new 3g, blackra1n'd, followed your instructions to the t...

    One last thing - is there a thread dedicated to the 2g Bluetooth / tethering / MMS app? I'd really like to know more about setting up Bluetooth profiles, etc. but can't seem to find anything...

    Donation is coming once I get home, and THANK YOU for your amazing help!
    Hmm, something is going on with that 3G because, like you know, the carrier bundle enables the option to edit the Cellular Data.

    All I can suggest is to restore the phone and start anew. Back your information up first! Do not restore your backup until after you have all the patches and bundle installed.

    And no, there's no dedicated thread on that 2G patch (AFAIK). It just works and there aren't any issues that I've seen (no one's really complaining).

    If you click on Daniel's post on the first page in the first post, it'll take you to a Hackint0sh thread where the patch originated.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-02-07 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Just take the time to read and take the information for face value.

    If it says it will do it, it will. And it's not one of these. One is a patch, the others are carrier bundles: You need both.

    Unfortunately, I do not control the iphonemod repo. And yes it is down. I knew I should have grabbed the debs quite a while back. Once it's back up, I'll grab the debs and see if we can get them on ModMyi.
    I know its pretty obvious, as there are pictures on the first post of tethering/MMS/bluetooth music sharing, yet it also says this:

    "The bundles were made for firmware 3.x.x and will work with any iPhone running iPhone OS 3.x.x. On 3.0, they enable/expose MMS and tethering on an iPhone 3G/3GS. On 3.1.x, they only enable/expose MMS on an iPhone 3G/3GS. On all firmwares (3.x.x) and all iPhones (2G/3G/3GS), the bundles provide OEM features such as T-Mobile services and the correct carrier settings pre-installed."

    Which basically makes it sound like the hacks only allow MMS and tethering on a 3G/3GS, not the 2G, so that sentence brings up some confusion and I wanted to confirm, thats all.

    So there's nothing we can do now until the iphonemod.com.br source is up again? Is there anyway we can contact them to get the right files to host it on the MMi source? Or I guess we just have to wait it out :/
    i LOVE apple.

  6. #1166
    Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    I know its pretty obvious, as there are pictures on the first post of tethering/MMS/bluetooth music sharing, yet it also says this:

    "The bundles were made for firmware 3.x.x and will work with any iPhone running iPhone OS 3.x.x. On 3.0, they enable/expose MMS and tethering on an iPhone 3G/3GS. On 3.1.x, they only enable/expose MMS on an iPhone 3G/3GS. On all firmwares (3.x.x) and all iPhones (2G/3G/3GS), the bundles provide OEM features such as T-Mobile services and the correct carrier settings pre-installed."

    Which basically makes it sound like the hacks only allow MMS and tethering on a 3G/3GS, not the 2G, so that sentence brings up some confusion and I wanted to confirm, thats all.

    So there's nothing we can do now until the iphonemod.com.br source is up again? Is there anyway we can contact them to get the right files to host it on the MMi source? Or I guess we just have to wait it out :/
    That paragraph is WRT to the carrier bundles only.

    In subsequent firmwares, Apple removed tethering, et al. That is where the patches come into play.

    But yes, you have to wait on iphonemod.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

    whyviet (2010-02-08)

  8. #1167
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post

    The 3GS is particular for some.

    Reset your network-related settings:

    Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings -> Reset

    Then [manually] change the "MMS Max Message Size" to 10485760 (yes, there is an extra zero at the end).
    I have tried this with no luck. I should mention some other things.

    I have a tethered jb on my 3gs -- I'm not sure if this is an issue.

    I start out by going into cydia and installing the t-mobile package. I see in my packages that it is indeed installed. I restart my phone, re-jb because it is tethered, and notice in my cellular settings that none of the settings are filled in. I click on reset settings and its still blank.

    I put in the settings manually -- and can browse the web and send mms on edge. I just can't receive mms.

    I have also tried clearing all network settings but this did not work either. In fact, I had to keep using blackra1n until it decided to come back. I literally did it for 5ish hours.

    Anyhoo, I still can't receive picture messages.
    Last edited by whyviet; 2010-02-08 at 08:14 PM.

  9. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by whyviet View Post
    I have tried this with no luck. I should mention some other things.

    I have a tethered jb on my 3gs -- I'm not sure if this is an issue.

    I start out by going into cydia and installing the t-mobile package. I see in my packages that it is indeed installed. I restart my phone, re-jb because it is tethered, and notice in my cellular settings that none of the settings are filled in. I click on reset settings and its still blank.

    I put in the settings manually -- and can browse the web and send mms on edge. I just can't receive mms.

    I have also tried clearing all network settings but this did not work either. In fact, I had to keep using blackra1n until it decided to come back. I literally did it for 5ish hours.

    Anyhoo, I still can't receive picture messages.
    It sounds like your symbolic links are broken. This is the reason why the settings aren't populating after you tap reset in the Cellular Data window and also why you can't receive MMS after manually inputing your settings. The carrier bundle installs a Sony Ericsson user agent which T-Mobile recognizes.

    Remove the bundle from Cydia, then reset your network settings. The phone should automatically reboot. Do your jailbreak again (since you're tethered). SSH into your phone and delete the following symbolic links:

    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

    /private/var/mobile/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle

    Reboot your phone once again. Jailbreak and then start the process of installing the bundle again using the "Methods of Installation."

  10. #1169
    Hello, im still rather new to the phone..and while i added the cydia.iphonemod..now everytime i go into cydia this blue screen comes up comes says:

    "Error Refreshing Data GPG Error: Iphonemod.com - messenger phone Resources and Information.This website is for sale! ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA2 - failed to fetch Iphonemod.com - messenger phone Resources and Information.This website is for sale! ./Packages.bz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2) - Some index files failed to download. they have been ignored or old ones used instead"

    Now I can still simply touch Okay and get around it..but what exactly is that message and how can i either fix it or delete it?

    Thanks in advance

  11. #1170
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    That is the normal error message when the repository site is down.
    There could be other problems if it continues for several days.

    BTW: cydia.iphonemod.com.br site is currently unavailable.

  12. #1171
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    It sounds like your symbolic links are broken. This is the reason why the settings aren't populating after you tap reset in the Cellular Data window and also why you can't receive MMS after manually inputing your settings. The carrier bundle installs a Sony Ericsson user agent which T-Mobile recognizes.

    Remove the bundle from Cydia, then reset your network settings. The phone should automatically reboot. Do your jailbreak again (since you're tethered). SSH into your phone and delete the following symbolic links:

    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

    /private/var/mobile/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle

    Reboot your phone once again. Jailbreak and then start the process of installing the bundle again using the "Methods of Installation."
    FIXED!

    I know little about how this all works -- so please bear with me.

    I am extremely reluctant to "Reset Network Settings" because it puts my phone in an loop of recovery mode. It takes anywhere from 3 to 100 blackra1n jb's to get it going again.

    So with the information you provided, this is what I did.

    I noticed that the links pointed to the bundles. Carrier Bundle.bundle seemed to point to the correct one. Operator Bundle.bundle pointed at "Unknown.Bundle" instead of the newly created tmobile one. I copied over the settings tmobile to unknown and it worked great (after a reset).

    In any case, I'm working now. Thanks a bunch!

  13. #1172
    Nice guide, I installed the latest carrier bundle but internet tethering does not appear to work along with itunes. I am using a prepaid SIM and selected the correct IPCC file also. Is there something I am missing or does the T-Zones not work with internet tethering?

  14. #1173
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Nice guide, I installed the latest carrier bundle but internet tethering does not appear to work along with itunes. I am using a prepaid SIM and selected the correct IPCC file also. Is there something I am missing or does the T-Zones not work with internet tethering?
    Probably best to use the "Asking for Help Format."

    I'd like to help you out but I don't know what phone you have or what firmware you're using.

    Quote Originally Posted by whyviet View Post
    FIXED!

    I know little about how this all works -- so please bear with me.

    I am extremely reluctant to "Reset Network Settings" because it puts my phone in an loop of recovery mode. It takes anywhere from 3 to 100 blackra1n jb's to get it going again.

    So with the information you provided, this is what I did.

    I noticed that the links pointed to the bundles. Carrier Bundle.bundle seemed to point to the correct one. Operator Bundle.bundle pointed at "Unknown.Bundle" instead of the newly created tmobile one. I copied over the settings tmobile to unknown and it worked great (after a reset).

    In any case, I'm working now. Thanks a bunch!
    I'm glad that somewhat worked for you. It's not exactly the correct way but whatever, lol.

    Removing those two links would have probably worked as once the phone reboots, they're recreated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splitta1 View Post
    Hello, im still rather new to the phone..and while i added the cydia.iphonemod..now everytime i go into cydia this blue screen comes up comes says:

    "Error Refreshing Data GPG Error: Iphonemod.com - messenger phone Resources and Information.This website is for sale! ./ Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA2 - failed to fetch Iphonemod.com - messenger phone Resources and Information.This website is for sale! ./Packages.bz2 Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2) - Some index files failed to download. they have been ignored or old ones used instead"

    Now I can still simply touch Okay and get around it..but what exactly is that message and how can i either fix it or delete it?

    Thanks in advance
    Like Mes said, the repo is down.

    I should have grabbed those debs back when Anijake had issues. In fact, I should have grabbed them the moment they were in that repo to begin with. Now their whole forum is down!

    Sit tight, a solution is in the works.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-02-09 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #1174
    I am using the IPhone 3G with 3.1.12 with a T-Mobile pre pay sim that has T-Zones on it. I can access WAP sites but no regular internet sites or itunes. There used to be a proxy program but not sure if that's around anymore.

  16. #1175
    iphonemod repo is back up.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I am using the IPhone 3G with 3.1.12 with a T-Mobile pre pay sim that has T-Zones on it. I can access WAP sites but no regular internet sites or itunes. There used to be a proxy program but not sure if that's around anymore.
    That's not quite the "Asking for Help Format," but okay, lol.

    The proxy was for when T-Zones was provisioned on a postpaid account. I don't ever recall prepaid users having data access beyond what T-Mobile redirects.

    Unfortunately, I cannot assist you in data access while on prepaid as I just don't think it's possible. That and the fact that I'm not on prepaid.

    Maybe someone else could chime in?

  17. #1176
    I don't know if it's possible either but I can get WAP websites just fine but just not anything else.

  18. #1177
    Okay, now that the repo is back up I was finally able to install everything on my 2G iPhone. Works like a charm! Internet tethering (though quite slow on T-Zones) and MMS both work flawlessly with no loss of image quality.

    One quick question though... I can't figure out how to stream audio over bluetooth. All I have is a normal talking headset and, while I can "connect" to it just fine for calls, I can't stream audio to it. Does it have to be a stereo bluetooth headset for audio sharing over bluetooth to work properly? Or is there a way I can test to see if these bluetooth profile hacks are working properly?

    EDIT: I tried to play a game over bluetooth, a week ago it said "this feature isn't supported" and now it gave me the "searching for other phones/iPods" so I guess that means it works right??

    Is there any way I can stream music to a non-stereo bluetooth headset?

    Oh and thanks again to whoever makes these hacks possible, this is why I love the MMi jailbreak community!!
    i LOVE apple.

  19. #1178
    Just used pwange 3.1.5 for 3.1.3. Keep my 4.26 baseband. ultrasn0w went fine. after i checked carrier and it was 5.1. after carrier bundel install went to Tmobile 5.0. Should it be Tmobile 5.1? or is it no big deal?

  20. #1179
    iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy
    Voice Plan: Family 1000
    Data Plan: T-Mobile $9.99 T-Zones
    SMS: T-Mobile Unlimited Messages
    Time with T-Mobile: YEARS
    Last Plan Change: 3 months ago

    Problem: In the bundle, the MMS addy setting keeps disappearing. Is there a way around this? It wants the MMS and APN addys to be the same. EDGE only works if APN is internet2.voicestream.com. MMS only works if the MMS addy is wap.voicestream.com. Why does it keep making the MMS addy blank after I leave the setting screen? So frustrating!

  21. #1180
    I'm sorry to just jump in at the bottom but I'm tring to get my phone working and can't get it done quickly. I've been using a 2g for over 2 years and have had no problems using the 5.99 t-zones plan to access everything on the internet. I just upgraded to a 3g and installed all the same programs I had before but cannot get the internet to work. On the 2g all I had to do was install the T-zones hack and it came up automatically. no need to go to different screens and enter in th wap.... and other things. I've tried looking through this thread to find something similar but cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Page 59 of 103 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •