Page 56 of 103 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #1101
    Hi guys. Question for you all.

    When I install "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy"
    my apn for mms as well as cellular data network is wap.voicestream.com, according to the description on the first page, shouldn't it be internet2.voicestream.com?

    And when I try to manually change the cellular data to internet2.voicestream.com that will stick, but nothing will populate or stick in the mms apn. This seems to allow me to do one or the other but not both (mms or internet). How do I get wap to stick in the mms apn?


    2g Iphone/3.1.2/Tmobile Unlimited data plan (shadow)/Unlimited txt + pic message

  2. #1102
    Read the first page again. It's not supposed to be internet2, but wap…

  3. #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquil07 View Post
    Hi guys. Question for you all.

    When I install "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy"
    my apn for mms as well as cellular data network is wap.voicestream.com, according to the description on the first page, shouldn't it be internet2.voicestream.com?

    And when I try to manually change the cellular data to internet2.voicestream.com that will stick, but nothing will populate or stick in the mms apn. This seems to allow me to do one or the other but not both (mms or internet). How do I get wap to stick in the mms apn?


    2g Iphone/3.1.2/Tmobile Unlimited data plan (shadow)/Unlimited txt + pic message
    Please read the Methods of Installation section in the original post (specifically the resetting parts).

    Those wap.voicestream.com settings for both data and MMS are from when you manually input the data (from your post in the MMS 2G MMS + epc.tmobile.com - How to make it work? thread).

  4. #1104
    i just installed this last night on my iPhone 2g FW 3.1.2 and the results are rather yet pleasing! and the battery drain is either gone or reduced to an exceptable preference. what i've noticed also was that it took awhile for my mms to be sent (about 5-12 mins while it failed on the first 2 try's) compare to when i used to have activatemms2g(2-3 mins but with the battery drain of 15% every 5 hours). overall this is a great fix though so thanks SpookET and Lecram25 for your work!!!

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Please read the Methods of Installation section in the original post (specifically the resetting parts).

    Those wap.voicestream.com settings for both data and MMS are from when you manually input the data (from your post in the MMS 2G MMS + epc.tmobile.com - How to make it work? thread).
    Thanks for replying.

    Sorry for the other post. I can't seem to delete my post off the other thread. I apologize if I'm not following this correctly, but I read through the resettings section again.

    "the bundles provide OEM features such as T-Mobile services and the correct carrier settings pre-installed"

    "There is NO NEED TO EDIT any of the input fields as the information is instantly populated by performing the above action"

    After seeing these two statements, I assumed that installing either the carrier package from cydia (which I have) or the custome 1.0.11 IPCC (which I have as well) Would auto populate my correct apn settings under cdn as well as mms, after properly resetting. I've done this, and still see wap.voicestream.com as my cdn apn, when I believe by description it should be internet2.voicestream.com. And when i try to to manually modify it, the mms apn stays blank.


    T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy

    * APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    * MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    * GroupModeEnabled: FALSE
    * MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    * MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    * MaxVideoBitrate: 131072
    * MaxRecipients: 10
    * Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    * UAProf: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    * UserAgent: SonyEricssonW800i/R1L
    * Version: 1.2

  6. #1106
    You don't install both. One or the other. Restore. Start over.

  7. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquil07 View Post
    Thanks for replying.

    Sorry for the other post. I can't seem to delete my post off the other thread. I apologize if I'm not following this correctly, but I read through the resettings section again.

    "the bundles provide OEM features such as T-Mobile services and the correct carrier settings pre-installed"

    "There is NO NEED TO EDIT any of the input fields as the information is instantly populated by performing the above action"

    After seeing these two statements, I assumed that installing either the carrier package from cydia (which I have) or the custome 1.0.11 IPCC (which I have as well) Would auto populate my correct apn settings under cdn as well as mms, after properly resetting. I've done this, and still see wap.voicestream.com as my cdn apn, when I believe by description it should be internet2.voicestream.com. And when i try to to manually modify it, the mms apn stays blank.


    T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy

    * APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    * MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    * GroupModeEnabled: FALSE
    * MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    * MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    * MaxVideoBitrate: 131072
    * MaxRecipients: 10
    * Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    * UAProf: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    * UserAgent: SonyEricssonW800i/R1L
    * Version: 1.2

    Sometimes you have to reset the settings twice:

    • Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings -> Reset


    If that doesn't work, have you had any tweaks installed like a custom carrier logo or anything of that sort?

    Before you restore per SpookyET's suggestion, might I suggest you uninstall any carrier bundles from Cydia and reboot your phone. Then SSH into your phone and delete the following symbolic links:

    • /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle


    • /private/var/mobile/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle


    Reboot your phone once again. Then Reset Network Settings:

    • Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings -> Reset Network Settings


    Your phone should automatically reboot. Install the Legacy carrier bundle from Cydia. Then:

    Whichever method you choose, always Reset Network Settings after installation:
    • Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings -> Reset Network Settings

    After your phone automatically reboots, reset your network-related settings found in the Cellular Data window:
    • Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network -> Reset Settings -> Reset

    There is NO NEED TO EDIT any of the input fields as the information is instantly populated by performing the above action (Reset Settings -> Reset).
    That should do it. Post back with results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    i just installed this last night on my iPhone 2g FW 3.1.2 and the results are rather yet pleasing! and the battery drain is either gone or reduced to an exceptable preference. what i've noticed also was that it took awhile for my mms to be sent (about 5-12 mins while it failed on the first 2 try's) compare to when i used to have activatemms2g(2-3 mins but with the battery drain of 15% every 5 hours). overall this is a great fix though so thanks SpookET and Lecram25 for your work!!!
    Glad it worked out for you.

    It's always good to hear the success stories (even though more people post with issues versus success).

    I think the long MMS issue is T-Mobile and not the patch. My sending times haven't changed (new patch versus ActivateMMS2G). With five (full) bars, it takes me less than 1 minute (just performed three tests of the same picture: 54 seconds, 37 seconds, and 50 seconds) to successfully send a picture taken with my iPhone.

    While it may not be SMS speed, it's still rather acceptable.

    YMMV
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-01-21 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #1108
    Default I really need some help!
    I have a 3g running 3.1.2 and my mms was working fine. I got greedy and decided to go for tethering too... well not good. I lost my mms and don't have the tethering option anywhere.

    Here is what I have done. Completely restored and started from scratch. Jailbreak and unlock goes fine. I then start following spooky's post. I installed the legacy patch from cydia, I do a complete reset, I let the phone come back up and then reset the network settings and I have no edge data. Get the message Could Not activate cellular data network, Not subscribed to a cellular data service. Also lost my mms toggle option in settings/messages. I then ssh'd in and removed the carrier bundles and re-did the process same result. Nothing get populated into the settings and if I leave them blank its like the phone has no settings active.

    If I just do a restore and add the settings in manually I get everything to work except receive of picture mms. I have edge data, I have text, I can send picture mms, But I cannot recieve. I get the data size error. I have spent hours on this and don't understand. I had it working fine before I had to do a restore. I am on tmobile unlimited talk text and 19.99 /month web plan. Settings that work manually are Data apn: internet2 and I can get text to work on either epc.tmobile or wap.voicesteam.

    Sorry for the long post but I am at wits end on this one.

    Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by teamrev; 2010-01-21 at 05:37 AM.

  9. #1109
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrev View Post
    I installed the legacy patch from cydia, I do a complete reset, I let the phone come back up and then reset the network settings and I have no edge data. Get the message Could Not activate cellular data network, Not subscribed to a cellular data service.
    When this happened, what settings populated in the Cellular Data window?

    I ask because that sounds like the APN that populated the cellular data field did not correspond to your T-Mobile-provisioned data account. Sometimes you have to reset the settings in the cellular data window twice for them to show up populate correctly.

    Also, which tethering patch did you install? The one from the first post or another one from a cracked/sinning repo?

  10. #1110
    I originally used the one that spooky has posted on the first page one. Since then I have uninstalled and restored the phone. This last time I started with a fresh restore. I reset three times. The cellular data fields never populate with anything. They just stay blank. I also lose the toggle mms feature after installing the legacy file from cydia. So even If I put settings in the data fields I don't have the option for mms anymore. Seems real odd to me.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrev View Post
    I originally used the one that spooky has posted on the first page one. Since then I have uninstalled and restored the phone. This last time I started with a fresh restore. I reset three times. The cellular data fields never populate with anything. They just stay blank. I also lose the toggle mms feature after installing the legacy file from cydia. So even If I put settings in the data fields I don't have the option for mms anymore. Seems real odd to me.
    Any custom carrier logos?

  12. #1112
    Nope. Nothing else installed except the usual. Unlocked with blackrain, cydia.

    I did try that sinful repo for tether after the first one didnt work. But I am about four full restores away from that thing.

    Researching the problem I got a trojon horse on my laptop from one of the sites...that's another story!

    What I don't get about this is I can get it all working except the Receive part. By manually putting in the settings all is ok except for me actually being able to get mms. So far very frustrating because I did have it working just fine before the first restore.

  13. #1113
    Follow my directions in this post (start at the SSH part):

    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...ml#post5095486
    Last edited by Lecram25; 2010-01-21 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

    teamrev (2010-01-21)

  15. #1114
    Did that already. That was my last effort before I posted.

  16. #1115
    I don't know what to tell you without actually having the phone in front of me.

    You must not be doing something correctly because the install process on the front page is pretty much it. If it didn't work, there'd be people posting left and right with install issues. I hope you understand.

    It almost sounds like you're missing a symbolic link somewhere. Because if that link existed, the info from the carrier bundle would populate the fields after resetting the cellular data network settings.

    Do you have a screen name? PM it to me and I'll see if I can help via AIM (here's to hoping you have Windows and use WinSCP).

  17. #1116
    sent pm thanks

  18. #1117
    Got everything to work! Took a restore, and some fiddling, but everything came out where it should be! MMS and Web!

    Thank you Spooky and Lecram25!
    Donations made!

    (on a side question, I had the "youtube can't connect" error like other people have had after a jailbreak, and patch number #1 on cydia seemed to fix it just fine. What other possible push fix symptoms are there I can test out? or did this just solve all of them?)

    Thanks again!

  19. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquil07 View Post
    Got everything to work! Took a restore, and some fiddling, but everything came out where it should be! MMS and Web!

    Thank you Spooky and Lecram25!
    Donations made!

    (on a side question, I had the "youtube can't connect" error like other people have had after a jailbreak, and patch number #1 on cydia seemed to fix it just fine. What other possible push fix symptoms are there I can test out? or did this just solve all of them?)

    Thanks again!
    Not a problem.

    You can test out push notifications with app store apps. AIM or eBay to name a few. The $5.99 option would provide you with that fix.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lecram25 For This Useful Post:

    nyquil07 (2010-01-21), teamrev (2010-01-21)

  21. #1119
    Default Good News bad News
    Update: After some serious help from Lecram25 I got it working today. Thanks
    Last edited by teamrev; 2010-01-23 at 01:13 AM.

  22. #1120
    Quote Originally Posted by teamrev View Post
    Update: After some serious help from Lecram25 I got it working today. If anyone else has a problem were the settings will just never load Lecram has the answer for the fix.

    Just a word to all those that read these forms. This guy or gal..(shouldn't judge)stayed up last night till 4am helping with this problem. I can't tell the people on here enough...first use search for you problem then search again, when all else fails the people in here are the best and nicest you will find. Thank them and donate when you can.

    Thanks again for all the help! Point me to the donation button.
    Hey, glad it worked out for you! Guy here.

    Donation is on the front page.

Page 56 of 103 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •