Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by iBuddha View Post
    At the expense of sounding like a total noob i have absolutely no idea on how to use the ippc files. i tried to input the command line but it didn't work.
    please help me. i hate those blurry pic messages.

when i do try and input the command i get an error message saying
    "windows cannot find crogram "

what do i do?
    Make sure you enter

"C: \Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

exactly, quotation marks, capitalization, everything. (except no space between the : and the \. I only wrote it that way because if there is no space you get the emoticon ) Also, make sure your itunes.exe is actually located at C: \Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe or else windows will not be able to find it. For instance, on my machine, iTunes.exe is located at C: \Program Files(x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe. What version of iTunes are you using?
    Last edited by lord ryttingham; 2009-10-24 at 11:42 AM.

i'm on the most recent version of itunes.

One could write a command line script that finds the right iTunes path and sets the option. I don't have Windows. If you write it and I get reports that it works, I'll bundle it with the next version.

fixed it thank you so much!!!!! no more blurry pictures!!

fixed it thank you so much!!!!! no more blurry pictures!!
    You're welcome.

sorry lol. i just recently got an iphone. i'm on 3.0.1 on tmobile. i called tmo and they help me set up internet and mms.

i noticed that the post before me had they're iphone updated to 3.1.2, is this possible on a 3g and still have it unlocked for tmo usage?

ps. i clecke don your archibe link and it didn't work. =[

thanks
    Only way to unlock after upgrading to 3.1.2 is to downgrade the baseband. For that you have to have 5.08 bootloader, download fuzzyband in Cydia and if it's possible to downgrade it will do it for you. If you don't have the 5.08 bootloader you have to wait until a new exploit is found in the 5.xx baseband.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, I recently deleted my carrier package from cydia by mistake and when I tried to reinstall it I was told that version 1.9 is not compatible with my phone as it only works on 3.1.2. Is there any way for us to download the older package which works on 3.0.1??

I found the archived version but I don know how to install it...
    Last edited by poopz; 2009-10-24 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    Hey, I recently deleted my carrier package from cydia by mistake and when I tried to reinstall it I was told that version 1.9 is not compatible with my phone as it only works on 3.1.2. Is there any way for us to download the older package which works on 3.0.1??

I found the archived version but I don know how to install it...
    You have 2 options. Read the README or watch the video on the first page to install via iTunes. If you found an archived deb from the MMI, repo, you'll have to SSH in and install it manually. dpkg -i package.deb

Thanks
    I have tried every single thing on these forums to get my 3g to send MMS. I can recieve MMS, but cannot send. Is there anyone who could help me with this?? Im have a 3G with firmware 3.1.2
    Last edited by MUSTANGLEE; 2009-10-25 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to put in my firmware

IM getting conflicting reports, Spookey can you confirm this please?

It it possible for a 2g iphone with 3.1.2 installed on t-mobile to be able to do this MMS?

I just want to make sure I have not updated to far to go back and accomplish this?

For iBuddha and anyone else thinking of upgrading to iPhone 3.1.2 on T-mobile. If you upgrade using a custom 3.1.2 firmware built by pwnage tool you can upgrade to 3.1.2 and still be unlocked. I'm running 3.1.2 and I'm sporting the T-mobile network. The thing you have to be careful of is that pwnage tool can make two different kinds of custom firmware. One updates your baseband and the other doesn't. I have the custom 3.1.2 firmware ipsw for the 3G (NOT 3GS) iPhone that doesn't update your baseband. Anyone PM me if you want it. The other thing to consider is that you have to upload a commcenter patch to your phone via SSH or iFile. It's not hard to do but if you blow it you can mess up your phone. I also have the hacked commcenter file and anyone who wants the file or instructions on how to use it you can PM me as well. There are also a handful of guides floating around just google "enable tethering on iPhone 3.1" or something like that. Hope this all helps. Just don't update with any firmware if it could update your baseband. If you do, you're effed. (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGLEE View Post
    I have tried every single thing on these forums to get my 3g to send MMS. I can recieve MMS, but cannot send. Is there anyone who could help me with this?? Im have a 3G with firmware 3.1.2
    I'm assuming that your info is current and you're still with T-Mo. What exactly is the problem? Do you have the option to send MMS and it just doesn't work or do you not even have the option? In other words, in your messages app is there a little camera icon by the text input box? (If there is, i'm guessing you can create MMS but they won't send or they will try to send but never quite finish. is that right?) Or is the problem that there is no camera in your messages app? Which carrier bundle are you using? did you download through Cydia or did you go the carrier testing IPCC route? Have you ever had MMS work before? (for instance, did it work for you on iPhone 3.0?) Do you do your messaging through a google voice number?

btw-i'm on T-Mo on 3.1.2 and my MMS works perfectly with Spooky's carrier bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep312 View Post
    IM getting conflicting reports, Spookey can you confirm this please?

It it possible for a 2g iphone with 3.1.2 installed on t-mobile to be able to do this MMS?

I just want to make sure I have not updated to far to go back and accomplish this?
    You'll have to get confirmation somewhere else. Spooky doesn't have an iPhone 2g and so he can't really say for sure.

That being said, it seems like there is a solution. I sport a 3G so I haven't tried this but I'm confident it will work for you. Open Cydia, go to manage and open up your sources. Hit the edit button at the top of your page of sources and then the add button that shows up. Add http://cydia.ifoneguide.nl as a source. Return to Cydia once it is finished installing. iFoneguide should be in the section "Entered by User" and once you click the done button at the top you should be able to open up their list of packages. scroll down to Native MMS iPhone 2G. Install that package, load the correct carrier bundle to your phone, reboot, and send yourself an MMS. Be patient. Sometimes they take a while. If it's not working, try restarting the phone, resetting the network settings, and using the internet via your cellular network (if you can't get the internet you can't send MMS). Try more than one carrier bundle if it doesn't work. I'm on T-Mo with an unlimited data plan (not sure what it's called), and I use the tmobile_us_postpaid_flexpaid carrier bundle and it works perfectly for me.

Last, if you do get it to work, let everyone know what you did so others can benefit from your work. Hope it works out for you.

ps-redmond pie actually has a simple, easy-to-follow, step-by-step, graphical (trying to think of more adjectives...trying...fail) guide to setting up Native MMS iPhone 2g. If you can't follow my instructions, try theirs. The URL is http://www.redmondpie.com/enable-mms...firmware-q859/
    Last edited by lord ryttingham; 2009-10-25 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    well ok on my phone I have the little camera icon on my iphone with was enabled with spookyet ipcc files that I uploaded with itunes. The problem I have is that for no reason whatsoever been able to send MMS. On 3.0 I was able to send it once and then after that I wasnt able to. I have tried the packages from Cydia, changing the carrier.plist, everything I have found so far and nothing.

OK, I finally got it last night after about 4 hours of trying! I am using a 2G phone Pwnaged with 3.1.2. I use T-mobile and everything works perfect. MMS is what took me some time to get to work. I had to replace/backup the CommCenter file with a patched one. I used a combination of both this sites for instructions, and a Mac & PC. But it works!

iPhone 2G - 3.1.2 MMS - DEVS ONLY - Hackint0sh

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/68...le-tested.html

I used the MMS settings from page 1 on hackint0sh Link. Any questions, just ask, oh yea, and you need to use WinSCP.exe and openssh and do it wireless!
    Last edited by blacksheep312; 2009-10-25 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well ok on my phone I have the little camera icon on my iphone with was enabled with spookyet ipcc files that I uploaded with itunes. The problem I have is that for no reason whatsoever been able to send MMS. On 3.0 I was able to send it once and then after that I wasnt able to. I have tried the packages from Cydia, changing the carrier.plist, everything I have found so far and nothing.
    So you can create MMS but when you try to send it won't go through? Do you get the little red exclamation mark?

Yo big, big thanks to you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lord ryttingham View Post
    So you can create MMS but when you try to send it won't go through? Do you get the little red exclamation mark?
    Yea I get the red exclamation mark, but after like 20 30 mins or after I turn off the phone or put the phone in airplane mode. it just totally sucks not being able to send MMS

I got that even more plan and now for the life of me I can't get internet to work again. Which bundle should I add? It worked fine under my sidekick plan, but now it doesn't.

You should use the regular postpaid/flexpay packages.

Lovely

Not

Yea I get the red exclamation mark, but after like 20 30 mins or after I turn off the phone or put the phone in airplane mode. it just totally sucks not being able to send MMS
    Are you using a google voice number? because I haven't been able to send MMS through google voice in the native messages app. I haven't tried anywhere else, so I don't know if GV supports MMS or not, but it hasn't worked for me in the native messages app. Also, have you tried all of the packages? You might have to try every package and do everything for that package before it works (restarting, resetting network settings, restarting again, waiting for a while, etc.) When i updated to 3.1.2 and uploaded the carrier package, I reset the network settings but it still was like a half hour or something before I finally got an MMS to go. Speaking of updating, which iPhone firmware do you have and which carrier bundles are you using (1.0.8, 1.0.9?)

Do not use PhoneView and DiskAid to transfer files to and from the iPhone. They do not retain permissions. You will brick your phone and will have to restore.

Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast