Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    The options are as follows, you can use Make It Mine and have it say T-Mobile. It sets a setting in SpringBoard called SBFakeCarrier. Itís text-based, not a graphic, and since the word is long, it will scroll.
    If it says "T-Mobile" in text, why does it have to scroll? It doesn't scroll on my jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    If it says "T-Mobile" in text, why does it have to scroll? It doesn't scroll on my jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.0.1.
    "T - MobileĒ exactly will scroll. ďT-MobileĒ will bounce a bit left and right and stay put. The graphic will never scroll.

Version 1.0.9 of the bundles has been released. Now, you’ll have a logo which WILL NOT change when you are roaming.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-10-21 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just double checking to make sure the new carrier bundle update still spoofs the mms server to think its a Sony for the purposes of high quality messaging?

Why would I remove that? Sony spoof is still there.

I updated to 3.1.2 and uploaded the hacked commcenter patch through SSH last night to enable tethering and just barely uploaded the 1.0.9 carrier bundle and data, MMS, tethering all work perfectly for me on 3.1.2. I like having the T-Mobile just because it looks more official. We'll just all have to be careful about using our phones where we might be roaming... Thanks again for the excellent work, SpookyET. You make having an iPhone on T-Mobile a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by lord ryttingham View Post
    I updated to 3.1.2 and uploaded the hacked commcenter patch through SSH last night to enable tethering and just barely uploaded the 1.0.9 carrier bundle and data, MMS, tethering all work perfectly for me on 3.1.2. I like having the T-Mobile just because it looks more official. We'll just all have to be careful about using our phones where we might be roaming... Thanks again for the excellent work, SpookyET. You make having an iPhone on T-Mobile a pleasure.
    Thank you for the kind words. Send me a beer.

Archived Version 1.0.8 for those that are on 3.0.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-10-23 at 05:29 PM.

ive been trying to download one of the bundles from cydia and no matter which one i pick i keep getting an error message. it says

"the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

theres also a box the says depends: iPhone Firmware >= 3.1.2

what does this mean? i just want my mms to stop being blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by iBuddha View Post
    ive been trying to download one of the bundles from cydia and no matter which one i pick i keep getting an error message. it says

"the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

theres also a box the says depends: iPhone Firmware >= 3.1.2

what does this mean? i just want my mms to stop being blurry.
    It's self explanatory. 1.0.9 depends on iPhone OS 3.1.2 being installed. If you are on 3.0, install 1.0.8 via iTunes, which is in the post above yours.

Hey spooky, i've talked a bunch of crap about your past releases, but after using your latest one, i've gotta say man, i love it. it makes everything so much easier, and i can finally edit it the way i like.

I will definitely be recommending your package to all my friends, thanks for your work, its greatly appreciated.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

sorry lol. i just recently got an iphone. i'm on 3.0.1 on tmobile. i called tmo and they help me set up internet and mms.

i noticed that the post before me had they're iphone updated to 3.1.2, is this possible on a 3g and still have it unlocked for tmo usage?

ps. i clecke don your archibe link and it didn't work. =[

thanks
    Last edited by iBuddha; 2009-10-23 at 04:14 PM.

Update. My fears were right. I can make the phone display the T-Mobile and AT&T logos, but it will not change it when you are roaming. The phone has to be restarted to show the roaming logo. I suspect the reason for this is that SpringBoard looks for a change in tower broadcast text to change the logo. Even though, the tower changes, the broadcast text is blank. The event doesnít get triggered.
    I agree with you that this is a significant drawback. It doesn't sound like it's worth upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2, does it?

The options are as follows, you can use Make It Mine and have it say T-Mobile. It sets a setting in SpringBoard called SBFakeCarrier. Itís text-based, not a graphic, and since the word is long, it will scroll. Or, I can release a new version of the T-Mobile US Carrier Bundles which will show the T-Mobile graphic (no scrolling) as well as fixing an AT&T SIM issue for those that use both. Which one do you all want?
    I certainly don't want the ugly T-Mobile graphic, but the text-based indicator that doesn't scroll (which is currently the case).

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Hey spooky, i've talked a bunch of crap about your past releases, but after using your latest one, i've gotta say man, i love it. it makes everything so much easier, and i can finally edit it the way i like.

I will definitely be recommending your package to all my friends, thanks for your work, its greatly appreciated.
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by iBuddha View Post
    sorry lol. i just recently got an iphone. i'm on 3.0.1 on tmobile. i called tmo and they help me set up internet and mms.

i noticed that the post before me had they're iphone updated to 3.1.2, is this possible on a 3g and still have it unlocked for tmo usage?

ps. i clecke don your archibe link and it didn't work. =[

thanks
    It's possible, but you'll need a Mac since there is now Windows PwnageTool, or you'll need someone on a Mac to make you a firmware that doesn't upgrade the baseband. Link fixed. Some quotes got in there.

I agree with you that this is a significant drawback. It doesn't sound like it's worth upgrading from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2, does it?

I certainly don't want the ugly T-Mobile graphic, but the text-based indicator that doesn't scroll (which is currently the case).
    If you roam a lot, and you get charged through the roof, it is a SIGNIFICANT drawback. If you don't roam, it's irrelevant. Though, it begs the question, what else is broken?

"T - Mobile" will scroll. "T-Mobile" will bounce. "TMobile" will do neither. It depends on how many characters the text is. The graphic logo is the word as well. It's not a pink logo. It's a graphic, which never scrolls instead of text. Sometimes, the firmware uses the TMobile_Germany graphic logo automatically. Sometimes, it doesn't and a bundle is needed to force it.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-10-23 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you roam a lot, and you get charged through the roof, it is a SIGNIFICANT drawback. If you don't roam, it's irrelevant. Though, it begs the question, what else is broken?

Do you mean, what else is broken in 3.1.2? There's no way to patch the system software to correctly understand the output from the older baseband, is there?

"T - Mobile" will scroll. "T-Mobile" will bounce. "TMobile" will do neither. It depends on how many characters the text is. The graphic logo is the word as well. It's not a pink logo. It's a graphic, which never scrolls instead of text. Sometimes, the firmware uses the TMobile_Germany graphic logo automatically. Sometimes, it doesn't and a bundle is needed to force it.
    What do you mean by "bounce"? Currently, "T-Mobile" on my iPhone running 3.0.1 is absolutely static.

Do you mean, what else is broken in 3.1.2? There's no way to patch the system software to correctly understand the output from the older baseband, is there?
    The question is, should the Dev-Team invest time in patching the OS or cracking the latest baseband? I think they should be forward looking.

What do you mean by "bounce"? Currently, "T-Mobile" on my iPhone running 3.0.1 is absolutely static.
    Then it is not an issue for you.

Still cant get mms apn to stick, followed every guide. edited the carrier.plist , still nada.
    also running package 1.0.9 from cydia. Not sure what else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    Still cant get mms apn to stick, followed every guide. edited the carrier.plist , still nada.
    also running package 1.0.9 from cydia. Not sure what else to do.
    Don't know.

MMS works fine for me, 3.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked.
    Just tested it..sent a picture to myself, but the picture I receive is a little tiny bit more blurry then what it looks like sent.
    I remember a few months ago there was a fix for this, but I can't seem to find it. It made the resolution perfect when get a new picture..

Can anyone help me? BTW I'm using the postpaid/flexpay thing from cydia 1.0.9..on the android plan on tmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertleehadley View Post
    MMS works fine for me, 3.1.2, jailbroken and unlocked.
    Just tested it..sent a picture to myself, but the picture I receive is a little tiny bit more blurry then what it looks like sent.
    I remember a few months ago there was a fix for this, but I can't seem to find it. It made the resolution perfect when get a new picture..

Can anyone help me? BTW I'm using the postpaid/flexpay thing from cydia 1.0.9..on the android plan on tmobile.
    The resolution is as good as it gets. The fix is incorporated.

Thought so, no big deal.
    Thanks by the way!

At the expense of sounding like a total noob i have absolutely no idea on how to use the ippc files. i tried to input the command line but it didn't work.
    please help me. i hate those blurry pic messages.

when i do try and input the command i get an error message saying
    "windows cannot find cprogram "

what do i do?
    Last edited by iBuddha; 2009-10-24 at 06:14 AM.

Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast